Chapter 1: You start out bickering but end up flirting

Sign you’ve fallen for your bestfriend: Shuhua edition

Shuhua can’t take off her mind off when Yuqi tells her the first sign. Shuhua sigh and walk with her shoulder down and lazily walk toward their university. Someone grab her bag and run away, Shuhua suddenly feel awake as she thought someone rob her.

“HEY!” Shuhua shout and chase the girl who stole her whole bag and when the girl turns around. “YOU FREAKING CHO MIYEON STOP THERE!!!” Shuhua shout while Miyeon continue laughing and she continue running toward their school.

“Why you’re so slow?” Miyeon asks as she stop while Shuhua is catching her breath. “You should exercise more,” Miyeon said with a smirk.

“You make me feel nervous! I thought someone stole my bag,” Shuhua said then Miyeon laugh. “Don’t laugh it’s not funny!” Shuhua said then Miyeon stop laughing and smile at Shuhua.

“Sorry, but it’s an example how careless you are,” Miyeon said then Shuhua keep quiet. “You should be more careful, today’s society is not really good,” Miyeon added.

“Why you suddenly lecturing me?” Shuhua asks.

“It’s because I care for you,” Miyeon said with a soft voice and soft eyes.

“Why are you flirting with me?” Shuhua asks with a confuse face.

“I’m not though, that’s what I want to tell you,”

 

“The first sign is you keep bickering with that person but you end up flirting with each other!”

Shuhua look at Miyeon, what Yuqi said is what happening with Miyeon recently. Before they just keep bickering but now, they end up flirting. Like how they end up in café, Shuhua make a bet with Miyeon and they bicker in the middle of their bet. A bet who will have a high score between Yuqi and Shuhua, Miyeon don’t hesitate to vote for Yuqi and makes Shuhua mad. To calm the sulking baby, Miyeon decide to treat Shuhua at a near café.  

“Yuqi is way too smart, you know,” Miyeon asks. 

“Even so!” Shuhua said then Miyeon just nod and sigh. “It looks like you don’t trust my ability!” Shuhua said. Miyeon suddenly felt bad so she seat next to Shuhua and put her arm around her.

“I’m sorry, okay,” Miyeon said then Shuhua remove Miyeon’s hand at her shoulder while sulking. “I will make it up to you, what do you want to eat? I will order it all for you,” Miyeon said as she tried to hug Shuhua but Shuhua dodge it and look away from Miyeon

“…”

“C’mon, I really trust you,” Miyeon said.

“Go back to Yuqi,” Shuhua said then Miyeon pout. 

“You sure, you want me to go back to Yuqi?” Miyeon said with a teasing voice. “Then should I buy her food too?” Miyeon asks then Shuhua look at Miyeon finally.

“NO, let’s order,” Shuhua said then grab the menu in the table. Miyeon smirk and put her arms around Shuhua’s shoulder.

“Shuhua, tell me how you can be so cute and pretty at the same time?” Miyeon asks then Shuhua literally hide her blushing face at the menu.

“Stop, I’m not forgiving you,” Shuhua said then Miyeon smile so big.

“Fine, whatever you do is cute for me,” PLEASE STOP SAYING STUFF LIKE THAT PLEASE!

 

“No, why Yuqi have to mention it? Now I can’t stop thinking about it, damn Shuhua, get hold of yourself. You can’t!” Shuhua talk to herself as goes home from her tiring day.

Shuhua stop when she see someone beside the red telephone box. It’s as if someone is filming a commercial, Shuhua suddenly hear that famous song that used in the commercial, that’s how beautiful Miyeon is.

“Hey!” Miyeon said and goes to Shuhua who look at her with disgust, not to Miyeon but disgust to herself for being internally weird. “What’s with that look? Aren’t you happy to see me?” Miyeon asks with a smile.

“No, it’s not it, why are you here?” Shuhua asks. Miyeon home is in the opposite direction with Shuhua.

“I’m actually around the corner, so thought maybe we should eat before I go home,” Miyeon said.

“Why I will eat with you?” Shuhua asks then Miyeon pout but laugh as Miyeon knows that Shuhua will go with her anyway.

“Well, because I’m your bestfriend?” Miyeon said and when Miyeon said it, Shuhua feel uneasy.

“Well…” Shuhua can’t think of what she will say so Miyeon laugh and hug Shuhua.

“Why you are so cute, Shuhua?” Miyeon said and hold Shuhua’s right hand as they start walking toward near restaurant.

“I’m not cute!” Shuhua said with her broken accent. Miyeon smile and nod.

“Fine, you’re so cool,” Miyeon said.

“I know~” Shuhua said then Miyeon just look away and smile.

 

“Might telling who is that person who fallen in love?” Yuqi asks. They’re in Shuhua’s room, Yuqi always come over as condominium is just next to each other.

“None,” Shuhua said.

“Not even Soojin unnie now, huh? I’m sure you have someone in your mind, darling,” Yuqi said then Shuhua look at her with offensive looks.

“I swear, I still have a huge crush on Soojin unnie!” Shuhua said.

“Is that so?” Yuqi said. “Can I tell you something? A secret?” Yuqi said with a shy face and it got Shuhua curious.

“What is it?” Shuhua said.

“Actually, I like Miyeon unnie, I’m planning on confessing to her,”

That moment when Shuhua feel something regretful.

 

-----

Thoughts?