Unrequited

Devil Said Your Dad is Hot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Uffffff finally I got something done! This is a little emo since Elina will be telling about her feelings and stuff. But the next chapter is fiyaaaaaaah!

 

 

 

Kim's household held a huge party on the last day of August. Seokjin’s house is a castle in an apartment and it’s gigantic. They were celebrating the opening of their new hospital. Of course, even Jungkook was invited, seeing as he became one of Jin’s favorite kid. Unfortunately, he declined. He didn’t feel great and he didn’t want to ruin the party so he decided to stay behind. He promised to make it up later, as soon as he gets better.

“Hey sweetie, why the long face? I even had them made the chocolate fountain for you” Seokjin asked Elina, playfully but there was concern apparent in his tone. Taehyung stopped, wondering what happened.

“No- it’s great. Your party is always the best” she smiled “…it’s just…I kind of miss Jungkook… I wish he was here. He would leave tomorrow or someday soon, I wanted to spend time with him- as much as I can.”

“Oh my. You seem a lot down than I thought.” He made eye contact with Taehyung, who was standing not far from them, listening to their conversation but little lost himself.

“The worst thing is, his birthday is tomorrow and I can’t even wish him at 12”

“Why not? Just call him or message him?”

“He doesn’t pick up, well not at night. Sometimes in the noon, but only if dad is busy. Uncle Jin… can I tell you something?” she asked in a vulnerable voice. Somehow, Taehyung felt like he should give her privacy. If she wanted him to know, she wouldn’t have whispered like that. He doesn’t really mind, he is glad Elina could share private things like this with at least a family member. He nodded at Seokjin and thanked him as he left the room. He knows children find it hard to talk about certain things with their parents, and that’s okay.

“Tell me” Jin asked in a gentle tone.

“I think… I like Jungkook.” She stopped, trying to gauge his reaction. But Seokjin was not surprised, he knew it anyways.

“Go on” he chuckled as Elina looked at him, slightly stunned at how lightly he took it.

“But he- he really doesn’t care about me. Except for the first week, he doesn’t even talk that much. We only exchange animated conversations, mostly when dad is there or when we eat or we go out together. And when dad is out, he doesn’t even come out of the room, doesn’t show any interest! It’s so trusfrating! I hate it. These feelings- it hurts uncle.” Seokjin listened to the whole thing, his theory being confirmed didn’t really give him as much satisfaction as he hoped. Elina seemed deep into him.

“Honey, Eli, listen. I get it. Kookie is the kind anyone would fall for, he just has that effect on people. But you need to know when to give up. He is not the type to show concern, like a family he would, but on a personal intimate level? He wouldn’t. He is just like that, Eli.”

“I-I know. But what ? Do you know? He follows dad all the time. He talks to him at any given chance, he makes food for him, goes out of his way for him- even 3 in the morning! Dad only said he was craving some ice cream and Jungkook just took out his shoes and left without saying anything.”

“Woah” he was really surprised now. But seeing her so sad, he tried to distract her “Wait, why were you up so late?”

“Oh no. I woke up because I was thirsty and I saw dad sitting in the living room with a shocked expression. I asked what happened and then I saw Jungkook’s room was open. A little while later, he came back with a chocolate bucket.” She ended with a flat tone. Seokjin really wanted to laugh but he stifled it.

“Your dad is not any less charming I guess”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter