Wait a minute, I'm Out

Stay by My Side

Nayeon did not know what to make out of what she was seeing in front of her. Honestly she felt a mixture of feelings. She was just starting to come back around to loving and feeling confident being in a relationship with Jinyoung, but this certainly tops the cake.

She takes a deep breath and stays on topic with the reason she came there for in the first place. Jinyoung interjects immediately. The woman hurries to the door with her belongings in hand, avoiding any attention that had already been casted on her.

"It's not what it seems-when you and I were on hiatus this relationship happened but as soon as you came back for the ring, I was ready to stop seeing her but she came here tonight to break this off but..."

She sits on his couch in a daze. His words go right through her. Suddenly she turns to him. "I'm ing pregnant but I'm aborting anyway." She crosses her arms with sass.

"Really?"

"Well according to this dumb stick..yeah." She pulls the stick out of her pocket and hands it to him.

He's in disbelief. "Wow-I don't know what to say."

"It doesn't matter I'm not keeping it anyway."

"Wait, this is all too much at one time, isn't this something we should discuss together?"

"Too much? I'm the one who just walked in on your session with another woman but this is too much for you?"

"Everything is too much, what even is our relationship?" He questions her.

Jinyoung rubs his face and paces around. Nayeon buries her face into her hands. He wags his finger, "What if we seal this and get married tomorrow?-no audience just a courthouse."

"What will that do?"

"Look I'm trying, i've really been trying hard to keep this relationship together but you have been making it very difficult." He yells out in a harsher then intended tone, which he instantly regrets doing. "I've never loved anyone like I loved you -w-when I was with Rea the one who just left, I felt nothing- absolutely nothing, all I could think of was you." Jinyoung breaks down crying. 

Nayeon embraces him which is something he had been longing from her for awhile now. "Promise me that you won't leave me-I want to make this work-If you want the baby or not, I still want to be there for you." 

Nayeon nods softly as she leaves in silence. It was late and her visit accomplished nothing. The internal battle in her mind of liking Jinyoung but not wanting to be with him only worsened after this encounter. She meets with Jeongyeon who had been patiently waiting in the car all this time. "What did he say or do?" 

"He took it well.." She leaves it at that. 

Joengyeon starts the car and they leave. 

"I don't think I can love him anymore." Nayeon says breaking the weird silence.

"Why you love him too much?" Jeongyeon asks sarcastically. 

"No it's like my mind is forcing me to continue this thing with him because we have such a long history that I would feel bad for ending it, but my heart beats for someone else." 

Jeongyeon tries to keep her delusions to herself. "Does this person like you as well?" 

"Let me stop talking-I need to get out of this mess first." The rest of the way home is silent.

When they finally reach the dorm, Jihyo is sitting in the living room waiting for their arrival. She lets out a breath of relief upon seeing them. No words are exchanged and they all just head to bed. 

The next morning, it's business as usual until they arrive at the company building. The gate where their van usually enters is lined with mobs of fans that seem to be angry at the company or its artists. "This weird." Jihyo whispers to herself as she gazes out the window. When the members step out of the vehicle to enter the building, they overhear chants from the fans such as "Jinyoung is ours, Nayeon give it up and Marriage won't cover this up." 

At that moment Nayeon had pieced together what must have happened as well as Jihyo who turns to her and gives her a knowing look. 

"The board room? Oh no." Momo says in an annoyed tone as the manager directs them there instead of the recording studio. 

"JYP called an emergency meeting for you guys, it seemed urgent." The manager says leaving the girls in the room alone until their boss arrives.

JYP enters. "Good morning." The group repeats back to him in unison. "Do any of you know why I requested to see you?" He asks as he pulls up something on his laptop. Nayeon holds her head down, knowing it probably has something to do with her.

On the big screen, he displays an article from Dispatch. The headline reads 'TWICE's Nayeon and GOT7's Jinyoung revealed to have been dating for years and baby bombshell?'

Nayeon is in a state of numbness. Just like that something she hid for so long from the company and got away with was out there to the world. The members were well aware of her and Jinyoung's relationship, but the pregnancy half was a surprise to everyone except Jihyo and Jeongyeon. "You could have talked to me in private." Nayeon mutters to JYP. 

"Nayeon, any matter that would have a direct effect on the image and reputation of the group and company is no longer just your business, it becomes TWICE's business and our business."

"Excuse me."Nayeon jumps out of her seat and leaves the room, slamming the door behind her which caused the room to shake.

The meeting carries on without her. Jihyo felt a weight come down on her. As the leader she felt she disappointed her members and boss for not telling them this information before it got to this point. 

Jeongyeon who has nothing to lose against JYP, exits the room following suit of Nayeon. 

"I'm sorry, it was my responsibility to make sure we all stay in line, Nayeon has been confiding in me and I should've been more transparent about what was going on without hiding it." Jihyo suddenly announces. "I will reflect on my actions." 

JYP takes that into consideration. "You were just trying to protect her, I understand your actions." 

Jeongyeon catches up with Nayeon who was sitting in the company cafe. "Why do you always chase after me? Nothing you say will fix what I've created." 

"I chase after you because.." Jeongyeon was about to blurt out that she likes her but the time isn't appropriate so she catches herself. 

"I chase you because no one else does- the members have too much on the line to risk but me frankly I don't care." 

Nayeon rubs her eyebrows with her fingers. "I'll probably have to put out a statement or go on VLIVE but I just don't know how to handle this."

Jeongyeon reaches across the table and rubs Nayeon's hand, "I'll be by your side." 

 

-----

Jeongyeon and Nayeon are slowly seeing eye to eye, wait for it! This chapter title is a play on the lyric from GOT7's OUT for my GOT7 fans here!