Realizations

Stay by My Side

"Wait...what are you implying?" Jihyo questions Nayeon who appears to be in distress. She s her fingers through her long hair and lets out a harsh breath. "Actually, never mind- forget what I just said." She demands. "I already feel a burden with this engagement..I don't know what to do."

 

Nayeon stands up and starts to walk as to which Jihyo timidly follows her. "Why did you accept it...the proposal?" 

 

Nayeon could not reveal her true reason for accepting the proposal just yet. "I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, recently I touched on this topic with Jeongyeon as well but I'm kinda worried about my future and our future as a group." She confesses to Jihyo. 

 

"Like we're doing so well but I'm just thinking about my age and the fact that this isn't going to last forever."

 

Jihyo is taken aback after hearing that, but she would be lying if she said that thought had never crossed her mind as well. 

 

She nods her head agreeing, "I mean it is reality , one day we will have to have that difficult conversation."   

 

"I think I changed my mind and accepted just to feel real or normal for once." Nayeon suddenly says half lying half being honest. Jihyo looks at her and can see it in her eyes that she is holding back from what's really bothering her, but she doesn't pressure her. 

 

"Would you like to go somewhere and have dinner together?" Jihyo proposes. Nayeon shakes her head in a negative motion. "Let's go back to the dorms." She says, as the two head for the car. 

 

The car ride back was silent. Nayeon curled herself up facing out the passenger window the whole way back. 

 

Later that evening, Nayeon approaches Jihyo once again. She knocks on the door lightly. The other members went out for a movie night. Her knock was so soft that Jihyo didn't even hear it. She leans against the door and gets her thoughts together, but a lone tear rolls down her cheek. 

 

She opens the door. 

 

"Jihyo?" Nayeon says in an emotionally laced tone. 

 

"I'm in a situation that might ruin the image of TWICE." She says.

 

"Why, what's wrong?" 

 

"What I had mentioned earlier, well, I think I might maybe possibly be pregnant?"

 

Jihyo stares at her with a soft look. In that moment she knew words wouldn't mean anything to the panic stricken Nayeon, so she did the only thing she could do, embrace her in her arms. After a long embrace of silence, Jihyo speaks out. "It's okay, it's okay, I've never dealt with something like this before and I suppose you haven't either." To which Nayeon nodded her head in a negative motion. 

 

"What drew you to this conclusion, are you not feeling well or..?" Jihyo wonders. 

 

"In Japan I was quite nauseous the whole time but I wasn't sure if it was from my drinking habit but now that we've been back, I haven't been drinking so this is the only thing I could sum it up to." 

 

Jihyo listens attentively. 

 

"This probably isn't the right time to ask this, but is this why you accepted Jinyoung's proposal?" She wonders.

 

Nayeon runs her fingers through her long locks of hair, which was a habit she tended to have whilst being stressed out.  "Yes, I'm so scared I just panicked, I thought it was the right thing to do but now it sounds crazy." Nayeon says.  

 

Nayeon wipes her eyes, "I-I went to the convenience store earlier and I was going to buy a test but I chickened out." 

 

"Well it's your call, if you get a test you'll still need to see a doctor, so whatever order you want." 

 

"Hmmm why don't you just get our manager to take you to the doctor tomorrow?" Jihyo suggests.

 

"No way are you crazy?" Nayeon questions.

 

"She won't know anything, just say you don't feel good tomorrow instead of coming to the studio, you'll get the results and she won't find out."

 

The next morning, all the members are at the table having breakfast before heading out to practice. Tensions were still high between Nayeon and Jeongyeon. 

 

Jeongyeon had overcome the initial anger and frustration she felt towards Nayeon for the kiss, but Nayeon still continued to hold this bitter attitude towards her. 

 

At practice Nayeon suddenly asks to be excused and runs out of the dance studio. The girls had become accustomed to her doing whatever she wanted style attitude. Jihyo being the only one knowing her secret  and the leader anyway, followed after her. By the time she had made it into the hallway she saw the bathroom door close. 

 

She enters and stands against the door so no one else would come in. "Hey, are you okay?" And at that the sound of retching echos in the bathroom. 

 

As the leader she knew she had to get back so they could continue practicing regardless of Nayeon's condition, but the caring side of her made her want to stay by Nayeon's side. 

 

"I'll be right back." 

 

Jihyo heads back to the dance studio to inform the managers and members of the situation. 

 

"The manager is gonna take you back to the dorms, you have the rest of the day off." Jihyo tells her as she rubs the older ones back. 

 

"I hope Nayeon is okay." Jeongyeon says as they're gathered in the cafe having lunch. 

 

"I know, it's so out of the usual for her to get that sick that she had to leave practice." Momo adds in. 

 

"Did you see the way she ran?" Jeongyeon says as she gets up to imitate her in an over exaggerated fashion causing all the members except Jihyo to laugh. 

 

After their break, they spend a few more hours in the studio before heading to the dorm for the night. 

 

 Jeongyeon walks into Nayeon's room with slightly wet hair from the shower she had just taken. "I guess you thought you were trying out for the Olympics earlier."  She says teasing the older member.

 

"If you nothing good to say you should leave." Nayeon says shutting her down on the spot. 

 

"What happened earlier? Are you okay?" She asks her. 

 

"I'm fine, now leave." 

 

Jeongyeon's demeanor changes suddenly, "Come on why are you always like this?" 

 

"Like what!!?" Nayeon questions in a raised voice. 

 

"Are you blind to your actions? For the past few months you've been acting so cold towards all of us but mostly me." She paces in front of the older one. 

 

"When we were in Japan, that night that you opened up to me and we cuddled, what happened to that person?"

 

Nayeon jumps up from sitting on the bed as if she is about to fight Jeongyeon, but she holds back. "Be quiet about that, I was out of my mind that night." 

 

The truth was that Nayeon feels embarrassed to express her emotions to Jeongyeon unless she's under the influence. "Can you just leave? I'm kinda dealing with something bigger than your pettiness." 

 

Jeongyeon was in shock. 

 

"My pettiness? You think I'm being petty but that kiss was more than an accidental peck, that was a full on make out."

 

Nayeon takes a breath. "Look, I wish I could tell you the thoughts that went through my head but...." She trails off. 

 

Both of them exchange a weird yet suggestive glance. 

 

"You need to leave, I have a bigger problem right now." Nayeon suddenly changes her tone to a harsher one, as she shoves Jeongyeon out the doorway. She leans her back against the door and that was when she pulled out a white stick from under her shirt, a pregnancy test. She had already taken it but could not bring herself to look at the result.

 

—-

I don't know where I'm taking this story lol but please hang in there with me!