Hard Place

Stay by My Side

"Jihyo?"  The oldest member of TWICE says calling for their leader in an emotionally laced tone as she barges into Jihyo's room, where luckily the other members are not occupying at the moment. Jihyo turns around from her desk where she was working on some lyrics. "Yes...?" She asks in a bit of confusion due to the stressed tone in the older girls voice.

 

"I'm in a situation that might ruin the image of TWICE." Nayeon says frantically. 

 

A few months earlier..

 

 "Are you dead?" Jeongyeon questions Nayeon who is sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee, with her body slumped over the table. She lets out a sigh of despair "Jinyoung wants to discuss our relationship...and I've never heard him sound so serious before." She explains to Jeongyeon. "I'm freaking out right now." 

 

Jeongyeon might have made fun of Nayeon and Jinyoung's relationship over the years, but if she knew anything, it was the fact that Nayeon was crazy in love with him and the world would end if she couldn't be with him. 

 

Nayeon straightens herself up.

 

"Do you mind driving me to his place? I'm not in a good mindset right now." She asks of Jeongyeon.

 

"Recently I feel like our relationship has become repetitive..." Nayeon says softly as she gazed out the window of Jeongyeon's car. 

 

"2yeon is stronger than ever so I don't know what you're talking about." Jeongyeon says leading Nayeon to slap her across the shoulder. 

 

"I'm not talking about us, it's never a dull moment with the unstoppable 2yeon." She says. In that moment, Jeongyeon pulls up in front of Jinyoung's apartment building. 

 

" This shouldn't take too long." Nayeon says as she exits the vehicle.

 

She enters the building and steps onto the elevator. She presses the illuminated floor 4 button, and makes her way up. Walking down the more than familiar hallway, she prepares herself for bad news. Approaching his place, she knock-knocks on his door. Jinyoung answers the door with a soft smile. 

 

"Hey." Both Nayeon and Jinyoung greet each other awkwardly as if it was their first time meeting. Nayeon enters the apartment and sits on the couch. "So about last night..." Jinyoung starts as he rubs the back of his head. She bites her lip, giving Jinyoung her full attention. 

 

"Oh so that's what this is about." Nayeon says. 

 

He takes a seat beside her and reaches for her hand. "You know we've known one another for so long-and we've been together for five and a half years." He starts. 

 

Nayeon's heart drops at that phrasing. She's managed to figure out where this is probably heading.

 

"Last night, seeing each other in a new light-it ignited something within me, I know this may seem sudden but." Jinyoung says as he reaches into the couch cushion and pulls out a small black box. Nayeon freezes in disbelief, she pulls away a little. 

 

"Im Nayeon, will you marry me and make me the happiest man on earth?" He proposes to her. "I know our situation isn't ideal since we're idols and no one except our members know about our relationship but, I know what I want and I hope you feel the same." He adds. 

 

Nayeon doesn't know what to say. She reaches for which felt like it was closing up. Her hands start to tremor. "I'm sorry,...this is ... I don't know I'm sorry." She gets up and leaves his apartment. He is left hanging not knowing what she meant. 

 

The elevator ride seemed like it was longer than ever. More than anything she just wanted to hurry up and return to Jeongyeon.

She reaches the car, "Is everything okay? What did he want?" Jeongyeon asks her, noticing that she seems to be in distress. 

 

Nayeon sits back, and lets out a frustrated sigh. "I'm so confused right now, I thought he was requesting me to come over to breakup with me-not that I wanted him to, but instead he-...he literally proposed to me?" She says. 

 

"Woah really?" Jeongyeon asks. 

 

Nayeon nods. 

 

"Well, what did you say?" She asks her. 

 

"Nothing, I told him I don't know... and I left." Nayeon says. "I'd want to marry him but this proposal came on so suddenly, it shocked me."

 

"What could have sprung this on so suddenly?" Jeongyeon questions. "I mean you two have been together longer than the average couple so I don't really find it that surprising that he has those thoughts." 

 

"Last night when I came here-I don't know how to say it but we-we-kinda-." Nayeon awkwardly tries to say. Jeongyeon catches her drift," Oh you ed?" She asks bluntly. 

 

Nayeon nods with a facepalm.

 

"Was it your first time?" Jeongyeon asks her. 

 

"Both of us were holding off for each other, for when the time was right but, we got into an alcoholic haze last night and the urge just became too strong so it just happened." She tells her.

 

"Oooh congrats!" Jeongyeon says applauding her. 

 

Nayeon rolls her eyes. 

 

"I have a lot of respect for Junior, the fact that it took you guys four years to get intimate and the fact that he decided he wanted to be with you forever after that, it's like a fairytale come true." Jeongyeon says. 

 

"I can't deny the fact that he treats me so well." Nayeon says. "It's just that I don't know if I'm ready for the commitment of an engagement..., it's a lot to handle and think about." She says. 

 

Jeongyeon hears her out, "I mean I get where you're coming from but I also understand him as well." She says. "Sure both of you have careers but lets face it, none of us are getting any younger, and if you wait too long all of your good years are gone." She tells Nayeon. 

 

Nayeon thinks for a moment. 

 

"I know." She lets out a sigh as she runs her hand through her hair. "I'll call him later or in a few days to clear this up, I'm thinking you and I should hit up a club, maybe have a few drinks?" Nayeon proposes. 

 

"Ooh lets get loose." Jeongyeon says as she starts the car and leaves the parking garage. 

 

The two arrive at a club and find a table away from all the noise. "This is nice." Nayeon says. "I feel like it's been forever since I've been out with any of the members alone." 

 

"Same here and when we have been out one-on-one with one another it's usually for a scheduled thing." Jeongyeon says. A silence falls between the two as they chow down on their food and drinks.  "Honestly, how are you?" She asks Nayeon as she notices the other girl knocking back alcoholic drinks as if there is no tomorrow. 

 

"I'm...ok..." Nayeon says in an uncertain tone. "Can I have two more rounds?" She says holding up fingers to the waiter passing by referring to the drinks.

 

"Hey slow down with the drinks, aren't you still sobering up from the other night?" Jeongyeon questions her. 

 

After consuming too many drinks to count, Nayeon returns to Jeongyeon's initial question. She rubs her face with her hands and starts laughing chaotically, "Am I crazy for feeling bored in my relationship?" 

 

"Definitely." Jeongyeon says sarcastically as Nayeon gives her a hard shove. 

 

Jeongyeon chuckles, "But seriously I think it's normal to get bored, especially in your situation." She says. "You two never have much time to be around each other these days and when you are it's short amounts of time, you're living in a cycle." 

 

Nayeon knocks back another drink. 

 

"I'm cutting you off-well I should've done this twenty drinks-ago." Jeongyeon says. "What's causing all this drinking? Something must be bothering you other than what you just told me." She says. 

 

"It's numbing." Nayeon drunkly mumbles out as she rests her head on her palm. "I feel-like I don't really know Jinyoung." She reveals reluctantly. 

 

Jeongyeon is taken aback by what she is hearing from her. "What do you mean? I thought everything was going so well?" She questions her. 

 

"The longest amount of time we spent together was during my trainee days but he was busier than me working towards his JJ Project debut and acting, but after that our times together have gotten shorter and shorter, I feel like I'm not connecting with him like we used to." Nayeon says .

 

"Are you falling out of love with him?" Jeongyeon asks. 

 

Nayeon rubs her forehead with the palm of her hand.  It was a tough question for her. "I'm stuck between him and a hard place." She says. "I love him so much and he makes me so happy but it's getting to the point that I don't know where our relationship will go next, it's kinda dull, but I don't want to leave him...he's the best thing that has happened in my life."

 

——

A/N

 

Hello there! I'm so excited to write this story. I'm kinda rusty compared to when I wrote my last fic, but I hope this story has a good future and I hope you guys enjoy it! This story is available on Wattpad and AsianFanfics!