Dilemma

Stay by My Side

     It had been a few weeks since TWICE had finished the first leg of their world tour.

 

  Nayeon flops onto her bed, facing the ceiling. She inhales sharply and rubs her hands over her face in distress. "I'm going out, I'll be back." She rolls off the bed and grabs her car keys. The only member who seemed to acknowledge her statement was Mina, who let out a soft 'mhm'. 

 

She sits behind the wheel for a minute, dreading the idea of starting the engine. Eventually she works up enough strength to start the car, but that was when Jeongyeon suddenly popped up from the back seat. 

 

"What the -why the ? Why are you in my car?" 

 

"I come out here to release my farts." 

 

Nayeon just rolls her eyes.

 

"I've been trying to confront you since we came back from tour but you keep giving me the cold shoulder." 

 

"About what?" Nayeon asks genuinely not knowing what Jeongyeon could possibly want to confront her about. 

 

Jeongyeon can feel her blood pressure rising already. She forces herself over the console up to the passenger seat in a harsh manner. "Are you an idiot or do you really not remember what happened in Japan?" 

 

Nayeon places the key in the ignition just as Jeongyeon reaches for her hand. "You kissed me without my consent." She blurts out. 

 

"Oh." Nayeon says. 

 

"Oh?" Jeongyeon repeats angrily.

 

"Look I was on my way somewhere, why are you making such a big deal out of this? I was probably drunk." 

 

"You were! - and I just want an apology because-..." She reprimands her catching herself at the end of that statement being sure not to reveal her secret to Nayeon. 

 

"Fine sorry, sorry now can you get out?" Nayeon says sarcastically. Jeongyeon is so over Nayeon's attitude so she just leaves accepting the sarcastic apology. "Where are you going anyway? I know it's not Junior's place since you're in a complicated state." 

 

"I have to deal with something." She says as she already has the engine on and her foot on the gas. 

 

Nayeon turns the radio all the way up, in attempt to drown out her thoughts. Her destination was only a street or two away. That was, the convenience store. She parked her car along the curb and walks inside placing a baseball cap and hood over her head. She stares at the medicine isle, and decides to ask the cashier for help. "Excuse me...where do you keep..,agh never mind." She makes her way back to her car without making a purchase of anything.

 

 After a failed convenience store trip, it causes her to drop by Jinyoung's place which wasn't too far away from there anyway. He opens the door,

 

  "I'm ready for that ring you offered me a few months ago."

 

 Jinyoung is taken by surprise but casts his girlfriend a soft but sweet smile as he guides her into his apartment. Nayeon enters and sits on the couch with her arms crossed as she awaits for Jinyoung to return with the ring. 

 

 He gets down on one knee again as if this was the first time. He takes Nayeon's hand in his and slides the ring up her finger. "I love you." The two exchange a quick kiss. She holds her hand out in front of her staring at the new piece of jewelry. "Can I ask you something hypothetically?" She says suddenly which drastically changed to mood.

 

"Of course." He says.

 

She stares at the ring on her finger and exhales deeply. "Actually never mind, I better head out." She says standing up from the couch. 

 

"Are you sure?" 

 

She nods her head as Jinyoung gets the door for her. The two exchange a kiss, "I love you." Jinyoung tells her. 

 

——

Nayeon returns from her little rendezvous and flops on the bed in the same way she had done earlier, except this time Jihyo was the only other member occupying their shared bedroom. 

 

"Are you busy?" Nayeon suddenly asks Jihyo.

 

"No, but why?" Jihyo asks as she puts her Nintendo Switch down. 

 

"Ok, can we go to a park or somewhere isolated?...I need some advice on something kinda serious and I don't want the members to know about it."  

 

Jihyo grabs her phone and they head out. They enter Jihyo's car, Nayeon sits in the passenger seat with her arms folded. "Where should we go?" Jihyo questions. "Anywhere, just drive." Nayeon responds. 

 

It's a long silence between the two until Jihyo speaks up a few minutes into their drive. "Does whatever you want to talk about with me have anything to do with where you went earlier? She asks. 

 

"Yeah." Nayeon replies lethargically. After driving for awhile, they arrive at a park along a river and take a walk. "Before the tour, Jinyoung proposed to me." She utters out breaking the ice. 

 

Jihyo takes that information with a grain of salt. "Did you accept it?" She asks her without judging her or making her feel bad in any way. 

 

"No, honestly it shocked the day lights out of me, it was super unexpected." Nayeon explains as they continue to stroll alongside the river. "Today, I accepted it." 

 

Jihyo pauses in her tracks. 

 

"Ok, wow um I guess congrats are in order first." 

 

Nayeon suddenly sits down on the grass and holds her head down in frustration. 

 

"That wasn't the reaction I was expecting." Jihyo says as she sits beside her. 

 

"It's something worse...it's kinda embarrassing...I don't know how to say it." Nayeon says. 

 

"We've know each other for so long and we've been through so much together, you can tell me anything I won't judge you or get angry." Jihyo says in a comforting tone.

 

  Nayeon swallows hard. 

 

"With the proposal, before the tour." She starts. "Jinyoung and I got drunk and some things....happened, something I've never done before and ." She rolls her hand around assuming Jihyo can understand what she's referring to without actually saying the words.

 

Who watched ‘Seize The Light’ the whole thing or episode 1? It made me fall in love with TWICE even more!