Spiraling

Stay by My Side

It was the next morning, Nayeon wakes up slowly and blinks her eyes. She rolls over, attempting to get out of the bed but is pulled back by a strange force. Jeongyeon's arm to be exact. "What the?..." She mumbles to herself. Jeongyeon suddenly wakes up Frankenstein style, startling Nayeon a bit.

"Did my little bunny have a nice rest?" Jeongyeon asks jokingly knowing Nayeon hates for her to use such endearing terms towards her. She throws a pillow into Jeongyeon's face. "What's our schedule for today?"

"We have to record a tv performance and then we fly back home tonight." Jeongyeon answers her.

Nayeon tightens her robe and looks out the window.

Jeongyeon lets out a yawn and stretches her arms out, "I'm gonna take a quick shower, but hey if you join we can save time." She suggests to Nayeon. "You can try that trick as many times as you want but it's never gonna happen." She continues staring out the window, in a daze.

The sound of running water is echoed through the hotel room. Nayeon peaks over at the bathroom door, making sure it is shut. She opens the mini fridge and searches for the bottle of wine she had seen in there the night before. She finds it, and quickly pops it open. She has a career, she does what she loves and is surrounded by people, but she just can't find true happiness within herself. She still couldn't shake Jinyoung off of her mind and her mind was beginning to spiral into an emotional breakdown. She chugs down half of the bottle of wine in the span of a minute. "This should get me through the day."

Jeongyeon comes from out of the bathroom a few minutes later, with nothing but a towel covering her body. She notices the older one standing outside on the balcony looking deep in thought on the chilly morning. "The shower is available." She simply tells her through the crack of the door. Nayeon turns around and Jeongyeon quickly notices the large bottle of half consumed wine in her hands. She steps out onto the balcony, "Did you drink that much?" She asks.

Nayeon moves closer to her, she can smell the wine in the air. Jeongyeon is about to say something until Nayeon suddenly sneaks in front of her and kisses her on the lips, causing her to accidentally drop her towel. She pulls away fast.

The older one rushes back into the room, sets the bottle down and goes into the bathroom. Jeongyeon is left on the balcony picking up her towel trying to process everything that just happened. "Why would she kiss me?" She murmurs to herself while returning inside the room.

A knock comes from the door. It's Jihyo. She was just finishing getting dressed, she pulls her socks up and answers the door. "Good morning, we're all heading down to eat breakfast and catch our ride, I didn't know if you two were coming or not." Jihyo says through the door.

Jeongyeon peaks back into the room. The shower had just started running. "I don't know about her but I'll come." She says as she closes the door behind her.

"I'm surprised you're not waiting for her, it's kinda weird when either one of you aren't by each other's side." Jihyo states.

Jeongyeon brushes it off. "Something weird happened between us- I don't wanna talk about it."

Jihyo knows not to pry any further into it and just nods.

Nayeon joins them a few minutes later and sits down next to Jeongyeon who gives her the cold shoulder. She leans back in the chair and rubs her stomach, "Why do I feel so nauseous?"

"Maybe you should lay off on the AM drinking." Jeongyeon says in a snarky tone.

"Maybe you should...you should." She fails to find any form of comeback for Jeongyeon.

"I have another one maybe you shouldn't let yourself drink so much that you kiss your group member." Jeongyeon adds. 

And with that, Nayeon puts her arms on Jeongyeon's neck getting ready to strangle her until one of the managers tell them to knock it off.
----

Later that day, the girls were at the airport getting ready to return home from their overseas schedule. Nayeon and Jeongyeon always sit together but this time, Jeongyeon made the decision not to sit with her after the kissing incident and their bickering over breakfast. "Looks like you just earned yourself a seat mate." She says wrapping her arm around Jihyo who usually sits solo.

"Hey, once we board is it okay if we have a heart-to-heart?" Jeongyeon asks her.

"Sure, are you okay?" Jihyo asks.

"I just need to get some things off my mind and you're the best at dealing with problems." She tells her.

Their section is called for boarding.

As soon as they take off and settle in, they dive into conversation.

"Remember this morning when I told you something "weird" happened between her and I?" Jeongyeon says pointing to Nayeon's seat which is few rows ahead of them. "Well that "weird" thing was a kiss..on the lips..she kissed me."

"In a joking way?" Jihyo asks.

"I don't know but like-she acted like nothing happened after she did it-plus I forgot to mention that this was after she had drank half a bottle of wine first thing in the morning." She tells Jihyo.

"I've noticed lately that she's been kinda snappy towards all of us but especially you." Jihyo states.

"Exactly but I don't know why, I've been nothing but nice and more to her over the years." Jeongyeon says. "But back to my main point, the kiss." She exhales sharply.

"I mean I know.. and all of you know that I like to flirt with her in a joking way, but I do that because..." She trails off and can't make direct eye contact with Jihyo.

Jihyo rubs her leg encouraging her to continue. "I feel horrible saying this but—I-I think I've developed a feeling for her, but I know she's into men-she has a in boyfriend - I don't know whats wrong with me- I've never been in a relationship but I feel confused about who and what I'm into..and she's not making me feel any better by giving me that kiss-I feel so violated and even more confused."

"First of all you shouldn't feel "horrible" for having feelings for anyone, it's not a bad thing, it never is." Jihyo starts with. "It's okay to feel confused when it comes to ual orientation, it's a complicated thing but the bright side is you don't have to put a label on yourself."

"But I have to ask, did you enjoy the kiss?" Jihyo wonders.

Jeongyeon sighs, "Even though I practically out in my mind, it felt amazing and it was my first kiss, I just hate that it had to be like that."

--

A/N : How do you guys feel about this story so far? I didn't really plan it out too much as you can probably tell, i'm just writing as stuff comes to mind. You might be a bit confused with the storyline so far but don't worry i'm trying to make it clearer ! Also I updated the description of the story.