Secrets

Stay by My Side

 Nayeon's hands were shaking. She cowards out and slips the test into the pocket of her hoodie, ignoring whatever the result may be. It was starting to get late, but suddenly she pulls out her wallet, grabs a few dollars and heads out without notifying anyone.

Every night Jihyo makes her rounds going to each members room to check on them before calling it a night. "Don't stay on Vlive too long, we have a studio session all day tomorrow." Jihyo reminds Momo and Sana who were in the midst of a late night video chat with fans.

Next up was Nayeon, but after a few knocks she invited herself into an unoccupied room. "Why is she being like this today?" Jihyo mutters to herself as she rubs her face in disappointment. She continues onto the last member, Jeongyeon. "Nightly check in, is everything alright?"

Jeongyeon gives her a thumbs up.

"Jihyo, wait."

"What's up with Nayeon? She was being y and standoffish again when I went to her room earlier."

Jihyo never discloses members issues with the others unless it's something that directly affects them as a group.

"Well she's currently m.i.a so I don't know what to make of that." She tells Jeongyeon.

"She's not in her room?"

Jihyo shakes her head "No. She's not here at all, and we have a long studio session tomorrow, we'll that's only if she was going to attend it after not feeling well today."

"I'm going to head out, I think I might know where she is at." Jeongyeon suddenly says. Once she reaches the ground level of the dorm, she heads to the playground across the street, and to her assumption there was Nayeon, sitting on a swing.

Jeongyeon observes Nayeon's appearance, her hair was a mess, she had a few cans of beer next to her.

"Why are you here-how did you know I was here?" Nayeon says sluggishly, clearly a bit under the influence.

"Don't ask me dumb questions, this has been your runaway spot since our trainee days." She sits on the swing next to her.

"I'm sorry."

"What?" Jeongyeon couldn't tell if she had misunderstood her.

"I'm sorry I -for kissing you." She mumbles out.

Jeongyeon couldn't believe that she finally owned up to what she did. "It's okay now."

An awkward silence falls between them. Nayeon cracks open another can of beer. When she brings the can to her lips, Jeongyeon notices the shinning ring on her finger but doesn't react, initially.

So many thoughts began racing through her mind, "Why did she change her mind? Did Jinyoung force it on her? Is she trying to leave the group?"

"Why are you out here?" 

"I needed some air." Nayeon responds.

"Come on, I know you only come here when something is bothering you."

"Why are you here? Did the members ask you to find me?"

"I care about you that's all." 

"Well you don't have to, I can care for myself."

"That ring isn't from who I think it is, is it?" Jeongyeon changes the subject grabbing Nayeon's hand.

Nayeon jerks her hand away which causes the pregnancy test which was in her pocket to fly out.

Jeongyeon picks it up in a state of shock. She covers with her hand. "This is yours-you're pregnant?"

Nayeon snatches it from her and continues drinking. "Two can play this game." She snatched the beer can from her and knocks the rest of it back herself. Nayeon attempts to walk away.

"Don't you dare." Jeongyeon pulls her shoulder back. "What the hell is going on?" Nayeon avoids eye contact. "This is why you got so sick at practice." 

Nayeon absorbs the news that the test is positive since she had not looked at it yet for herself. 

tw// abortion

"I'll get rid of it tomorrow anyway." Nayeon utters nonchalantly.

"Oh my god! Nayeon first of all don't call that being 'it' and second of all you can't just throw them away...I mean I don't know about you but for me it would feel morally wrong." 

Nayeon groans, "Fine, well you can take me to a clinic tomorrow."

"We have a long day of recording tomorrow idiot." 

"It's no big deal, I don't even have to see a doctor, this will be our little secret or else." She threatens Jeongyeon. 

"How do you think Jinyoung will react?" Jeongyeon questions her.

Somewhere in between, Nayeon convinces, Jeongyeon to take her Jinyoung's house even though it was quite late at night. Nayeon heads up to his place by herself, leaving Jeongyeon in the car. She knocks on his door. 

"Nayeon..I wasn't expecting you to be here right now." He steps into the hallway and closes the door behind him. She observes his clothes, they're a bit disheveled, he had always been loyal to her anyways even at times that she wasn't so she dismisses it as the possibility that he was sleeping. 

"Can we sit down-in there?" She says with her drunk-ness coming out a bit.

The two enter and that was when another female was spotted wearing one of Jinyoung's shirts while getting a glass of water. 

 

------

Hello, everyone hope you are enjoying  this story so far. Through my writing you do not see race but behind this screen I am an African American woman. The recent events are nothing new for this country or the world. Going forward society needs to become anti-racist because simply being not racist is not enough. hopefully this does not turn you away from my work. Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krfcq5pF8u8