Confused

My Only PANACEA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook’s face was burning intensely in reaction to the sudden kiss she’d laid on his lips, but although he loved the quick taste of her, it made him even more confused now than ever. He couldn’t decide whether he’d let all his inhibitions go or simply respect the initial assumptions he had about the relationship between Namjoon and Yeri. With all the emotions he was feeling in this moment, he had to consider that maybe he’d become intoxicated with the leftover taste of alcohol in her breath. Everything around them froze in time as he became lost in her eyes for a good minute before she completely shut them on him.

“Yah,” he grabbed her shoulders again and gently shook them, “open your eyes… don’t sleep here, Yeri-ah.”

“Hm,” she groaned and opened her eyes again, then chuckled, “you’re so funny… I’m not falling asleep, just resting my eyes.”

He scoffed and then chuckled as he became distracted by her adorable demeanor, “don’t scare me like that.”

Just then, Jaehyun grabbed his arm and roughly pushed it away, “what do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m helping my friend,” he became irritated, then stood to level with the stranger in front of him, “who are you?”

“I’m here with her,” Jaehyun placed his hands on his hips, “who are you?”

He suddenly recognized the voice he’d heard on over the phone and became infuriated, “it’s none of your business.”

“Yah,” Jaehyun almost grabbed his collar before Suhyun caught up.

“Wait,” Suhyun was out of breath, “w-we know him… he works with Yerim-ie.”

Jaehyun retreated and glanced at Jungkook in a rude manner, “you work with Yerim-ssi?”

“So?”

Jaehyun scoffed in reaction to his short and obviously rude response.

“Hi Jungkook-ssi, I’m sorry about the mess,” Suhyun finally straightened up and faced him, “this is Jaehyun, a fellow from my university.”

“So, he’s your friend?”

“Well, not really, we were meeting him and his friends for a blind date.”

“Blind date,” he was confused for a second before shooting an irritated glance at Yeri who was now innocently watching them, “I see…”

“Sorry about that,” Jaehyun said to him with a blank expression, “next time, don’t be so rude… I thought you were a stranger.”

“I’m closer to her than you are,” he became competitive as he turned his attention back to Jaehyun, “you’re the stranger here.”

“Whatever,” Jaehyun scoffed and then went over to grab Yeri’s hand, “come on, Yeri-ssi, I’ll help you.”

Before he could grab her hand, Jungkook grabbed his wrist and pulled it back.

“It’s okay,” he glared at the man, “I’ve got her.”

“What?”

Suhyun recognized the tension immediately and stepped forward to grab Jaehyun’s arm, “it’s okay… they’re close friends, so you should go back first, and we’ll catch up.”

Jaehyun quickly glanced at Suhyun and then gave in, “alright…”

As he walked away, Suhyun went over and bent down to look Yeri in the eyes, “yah, what were you doing over here.”

Yeri’s eyes were a lot clearer suddenly, which suggested that she was sober now as she smiled innocently at her friend.

“I was calling him,” she stood up and used her lips to point at Jungkook, “because he was really bad to me.”

“When was I bad to you,” he pouted and whined, “I wasn’t bad at all.”

She stuffed her hands into the pockets of her jacket, scoffed and then turned to walk away.

“What the,” he was confused then turned to Suhyun, “is she sober now?”

“I have no idea what goes on in her mind sometimes,” she admitted, “you should join us, Jungkook-ssi.”

“No, I don’t think I should,” he tried to walk away, “I should leave.”

“Well then I guess Yeri will have to go home alone tonight,” she said with a playful tone, “Saeron and I were going to stay at a public bath.”

He froze in place and slowly turned back, “why don’t you take her with you?”

“Don’t you know,” she slyly grinned, “Yeri hates the public bath house, so she never goes with us.”

“Damn it,” he sighed and realized that he couldn’t just leave her, “fine, I’ll stay only until she leaves.”

“Alright,” she turned and followed Yeri, “we should hurry or she’s going to get lost again… that troublesome girl.”

“Yeah,” he followed her down the alley.

“Yah, Kim Yerim,” she shouted, “wait for us.”

When they got into the pub down the street, Yeri immediately went to Saeron’s side and changed her expression to a sweet gentle smile. As soon as she sat down, Jaehyun slowly stood up and almost made his way over to sit next to her, but then halted when he noticed Jungkook rush over.

Jungkook shot him a glare before introducing himself, “hello everyone, I’m Jeon Jungkook… Yeri’s friend and colleague at Worldwide Times. It’s nice to meet everyone.”

While they welcomed him, Yeri continued to frown in defiance.

“What’s wrong with you,” he finally asked her after some time, “are you still mad?”

“No,” she poured herself a shot of soju and pouted, “I’m not mad.”

“Yah,” he grabbed the cup, “don’t drink anymore.”

“Why not?”

“You’re still drunk.”

“No, I’m completely sober now.”

“Don’t lie to me.”

Just then, Suhyun caught his attention, “Jungkook-ssi, did you come from work?”

“Uh,” he turned to her, “y-yes, I did.”

While he was distracted for a second, Yeri sneakily grabbed the shot cup and downed her drink, spilling some of it down the side of her chin.

“Yah,” he turned back to her and grabbed the cup, “I told you to slow down… let me see.”

As she coughed in reaction to chugging the drink, he helped to wipe the soju off her chin with a napkin. Suhyun giggled and made eye contact with Saeron as they recognized the connection between the two friends immediately.

“Alright, alright,” Yeri brushed his hand away, “are you my dad or something?”

“D-dad,” he was appalled at her question.

“I can tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter