Started, have we not...

The Study of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The mornings were cold now as winter had set in overnight. At one point, it was a nice autumn day, and then the next, it was winter. Seokjin was wary to return to campus after the unplanned vacation, but still stepped off the city bus that he often rode onto campus in the mornings with confidence. The cold air burned his lungs and bit at his cheeks as he remembered how his life would be completely different now; now that he had a girlfriend.

The oddest thing was that it didn’t necessarily feel like he was in a relationship. Not that he’d ever been in one. It was obvious enough that Joohyun was the more experienced out of the two, but he didn’t care much for that fact. He only cared about learning as fast as he could and taking charge like he always did.

In his past endeavors, he’d always been the listener, the vitamin pill that allowed others to relax amid the chaos they often encountered as college students. He never allowed himself to be the leader and often felt it was his job to make sure others were happy, but that was going to change now. He always held back because he wanted others to hone in on their leadership skills, but now that he was encountering this new venture on his own, he needed to become his own leader; he needed to become the person in charge of his own life.

Contrary to the personality he exuded, he was quite emotional and felt utterly infatuated with Joohyun. She may have been testing the waters with their relationship now, but he wasn’t. Since the moment they met, he was completely bewitched by her scent, her presence, her attitude and even her overtly sensual grins. The same grin from the beautiful heart-shaped lips that he concluded could have ended all wars.

“Yah, what are you doing,” Joohyun’s voice broke his train of thought as she glided toward him at the bus stop.

She was wearing a simple blue turtleneck sweater, paired with skinny jeans and ankle boots. Her small body was elongated by the form-fitting beige coat that made her look like she’d be bearing the winters of Norway. His breath was completely taken away. Even in the cold, she exuded a feminine scent that seemed to catch the attention of everyone around her. The intriguing part of it all was that it seemed to him like she didn’t even know how she was affecting all the people around her.

“I said,” she repeated herself when they were only a foot away, “what are you doing?”

“Oh,” he came back to reality, “I’m fine… just thinking.”

“About what?”

“About the weather and how it’s going to ruin my day,” he quickly sent her a soft smile.

Her cheeks flared into a blush that even she was surprised had surfaced. The old her would have scoffed at his sweet expression, but she was dating now, so everything she hated about men for some reason made her like Seokjin even more.

She studied his appearance and ate him up again with her eyes. Embracing his appearance and loving it all seemed to become a habit for her. No matter what he wore, even it if was nothing, gave her a tingling feeling within her gut that encouraged her feelings. He was hers now and she reveled at that fact.

She chuckled, “how would it ruin your day?”

“I don’t know,” he shrugged with an aloof swagger, “but you’re already making it better.”

went agape at his flirtatious statement. Without another word, he reached forward and grabbed her hand, then pulled her into step with him as he started toward campus.

“Y-yah,” she glanced around at the people around them, “do we really have to hold hands?”

“Yes,” he turned back and gleamed at her, “we do…”

“B-but-…”

“Don’t argue about it,” he squeezed her hand, “I’m not letting go, so you’ll have to just accept it.”

She chuckled and continued walking with her hand in his. Although she’d known how manly he was, she didn’t expect him to show such romantic gestures as this. He originally seemed shy and almost afraid of doing such things, which shocked her even more when he suddenly laced his fingers in between hers. A bright red flush came over her face as they slowly made their way to campus.

Unlike her usual self, she began to notice how everyone gawked in awe of them. It wasn’t until now that she realized how handsome Seokjin really was and how every other woman was so completely in love with him, which made her feel jealous for some reason. She even found herself glaring at some of the girls in their path by the time they were on campus.

“What’s wrong,” he peered down at her.

“Oh nothing,” she took a deep breath, “just have something on my mind is all.”

“What’s on your mind,” he was interested suddenly as they approached the Women’s Studies department building.

She groaned and then accepted her own feelings, “it’s nothing…”

“Doesn’t sound like nothing,” he paused at the entrance and faced her.

“Well, it is.”

“You sound mad,” his eyebrows came together with concern, “did I do something?”

“No, you did nothing,” she glared at a girl outside who followed them.

He glanced in the direction she was glaring and then chuckled when he spotted the girl.

“Can you be anymore obvious,” his voice w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter