Just Because

The Study of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun rushed out of the bed and quickly got dressed while keeping her back towards Seokjin, who was calmer than he should be. She peeked back to see what he was doing and couldn’t believe what she was seeing; he was curled up in a ball and had wrapped the blanket around his entire body.

“Yah,” she turned to him after getting dressed, “what are you doing?”

“It’s only 7,” he groaned, “if we got a hotel room, we won’t have to leave until eleven… basic hotel rules.”

“That’s not the issue,” she placed her hands on her hips, “get up right now!”

“Why,” he whined and sat up with the blanket still wrapped around his body.

“Don’t you realize the situation we’re in?”

“Stop worrying so much,” he sighed, “we didn’t have .”

“How do you know that?!”

“Well, are you a ?”

“Omo,” she gasped, “how can you even ask that?!”

“So, you are a ,” he decided right away.

“S-so what,” she crossed her arms in front of her body and pouted.

“So, then we didn’t have ,” he chuckled and fell back down, “basic education, sunbae…”

She thought about it for a second and then realized that she didn’t have any pain in her pelvis, she didn’t bleed and definitely felt untouched.

“Oh my god,” she sighed and sat down on the bed.

“Exactly,” he leaned his head on his elbow and smiled at her, “we were probably just too hot yesterday… it’s totally normal for intoxicated people.”

She glared at him, “what did happen yesterday?”

“You don’t remember?”

“Of course not,” she hissed at him, “why would I even be in this situation if I did?!”

He sat up again, “you were adorable…”

“Yah,” she grabbed his shirt at tossed it to him, “stop playing around.”

“You were drinking a lot for some reason and then passed out. I wanted to take you home, but you wouldn’t tell me where to go… and I didn’t want to take you to my apartment where three other guys live, so I brought you here.”

“Well, then why didn’t you just leave me here alone? Why’d you stay?”

“I’m not stupid,” he chuckled, “what if you had alcohol poisoning and choked on your vomit or something? I wasn’t about to let that happen.”

Her expression softened up at the realization that he was much more of a gentleman than she’d expected. Oddly enough, she actually felt quite thankful that he’d chosen to stick around. Since she was in the gender studies department, she always knew about the risks of alcohol poisoning and how vulnerable women were in that position. Even though they weren’t that close, she was just glad that it was with him and no one else.

“You should be more careful,” he stood up and walked to the bathroom, “don’t go drinking like that with anyone else, okay?”

She blushed at his comment for some reason; like his advice meant anything to her. All her life, she believed that anyone younger than her was just too immature, but he was different. Even though he had his moments, she was beginning to feel protected and even cared for, which was never the case with other men. That was probably the reason why she hated men so much; they were always trying to get in her pants or simply use her as a trophy girlfriend, which she detested.

“Yah,” he peeked out at her, “are you okay?”

“U-uh, yeah,” she stopped zoning out and finished cleaning herself up, then quickly put her jacket on.

“Oh, wait for me,” he quickly ran over and put his jacket on, “let’s go grab some breakfast or something… I’m famished.”

“You want to grab breakfast together?”

“Yeah… don’t you eat breakfast?”

“No, I don’t eat breakfast,” she responded right before her stomach growled.

He covered his chuckle with the back of his hand, “sounds like you’re hungry though.”

“Well,” she coughed and crossed her arms in front of her chest, “I guess a coffee wouldn’t hurt.”

“Alright, I know the best place,” he walked out and held the door open for her.

An hour later, they were sitting in a restaurant with soup in front of them.

“I thought we were just getting a coffee,” she said with an irritated tone.

“Yah,” he slurped his soup, “we need to take care of our bodies… I know you’re hungover…”

“I-I’m okay,” she tried to play cool.

He chuckled, “you don’t have to pretend to be cool in front of me.”

“What?”

He smiled at her, “it just seems like you feel the need to project this ‘I have to be the leader’ type personality.”

“I-I don’t feel like I have to be,” she pouted and looked out the window, “I just have to be.”

“Exactly my point,” he went back to eating his soup, “just eat up. I’ll pay.”

“No, I can pay…”

“Tsk,” he glared at her, “just let me pay.”

She was reluctant to agree, but then decided to let him have his way if he really wanted to use his own money.

Just a little wouldn’t hurt…

As soon as she tasted the soup, her face lit up with life and excitement. It could have been due to the fact that she was hungover, but the soup tasted like heaven if it was a bowl of hangover soup with rice and chicken. She unintentionally groaned with satisfaction, making him look up at her in shock.

“I thought you only wanted coffee,” he smirked at her.

She coughed on her soup and teared up a little at the pain, “I-I…”

“I’ll tell you what,” he set down his spoon, “I’ll stop teasing you if you stop putting up a front with me.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she continued eating her soup.

“Don’t treat me like nobody,” he crossed his arms, “I’m sure that after going through what we did last night, we could spare a little of sympathy wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter