A little bit of faith

The Study of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For days, it seemed like Seokjin was avoiding Joohyun, or rather, he was entirely and blatantly avoiding her. He’d taken work off for an entire week and was never in the Women’s Studies department building, which irritated her greatly.

She was never one to hurriedly chase after anyone, for obvious reasons. For some time, she believed it was even in her nature to be the cool girl. With her amazing visuals, both men and women often chased after her. If she ever did pursue a love interest, except for her professor, she’d never failed.

Finally, on the seventh day, she was growing tired of his actions. As soon as her office hours ended, she stormed out of the building and walked over to the Psychology department building, ready to confront the man who ghosted her. She’d never had someone avoid her so blatantly before, and definitely not a man.

If her unsaid powers of popularity and intimidation weren’t obvious enough, her presence in the male-heavy side of campus was sure enough to get tongues wagging. As she walked with light and dainty steps toward the main building, every man turned to gawk, and every woman turned to curse at her beauty. Her hands were wrapped in tight fists on her sides as she kept her eyes on her target.

Just as she got to the entrance, Jungkook and Yeri intercepted her.

“Oh, Joohyun unnie,” the young girl shouted excitedly while waving her hand in the air like a child.

“Oh, Yeri-ah,” she stopped in her tracks and turned to greet the pair, “hi Jungkook… what are you two doing?”

“Oh,” Yeri held up her camera, “we’re doing a photo session as a promo for the university.”

“Is that for work?”

“Yep,” she had a wide smile, “I’m getting paid for it.”

“Wait,” Jungkook turned to her, “you’re getting paid? You didn’t tell me that.”

“Oh right,” Yeri smiled awkwardly at him, “d-did I not tell you?”

He chuckled and roughly pressed a hand against her forehead, “you’re using me again!”

Joohyun couldn’t help but smile at the two for being so comfortable with one another, “are you two dating?”

“W-what?!”

“No, we are definitely not dating,” Yeri held her hands up to protest and gestured towards Jungkook, “I can’t date that.”

“What,” he glared at her and pressed his hands onto his hips, “that?!”

Joohyung muffled her laugh with the back of her hand and shook her head as if she’d given up on her children.

“Forget it,” he turned back to Joohyun and asked her, “are you here to see Seokjin hyung?”

“Oh yeah,” she became serious again, “have you seen him today?”

“No, actually, I don’t think he went to any of his classes today.”

She sighed, “where could he be?”

“Well, that I do know.”

“Where is he?”

“At home.”

“Is he sick?”

“I’m not sure,” he looked to be telling the truth, “but I know he has a class before my first and he was still in bed when I left this morning.”

She groaned and crossed her arms in front of her chest, “he’s avoiding me.”

“Why’s he doing that,” Jungkook was intrigued, “did something happen between you two?”

“I guess you can say that,” she held out her phone, “where does he live?”

“Oh no,” he became defensive, “I can’t tell you that… he’ll kill me.”

“Yah, it’s okay,” Yeri slapped his arm, “just tell her.”

“No, I live there too… I can’t let you go there on your own.”

“Well then, why don’t you take me.”

“Oh,” Yeri raised her hand, “take me too… I’m curious.”

“No!”

“Please,” Yeri placed her hands together as if begging him, “or are you trying to hide something there.”

“What are you talking about,” he chuckled, “there’s nothing like that.”

“Then take us,” Joohyun came forward with a demanding step as if cornering him into submission.

“O-o-okay, alright,” he tried to escape the two women, “I’ll take you… but in return, you need to give me something too… for using me so much.”

“Okay, deal,” Yeri ushered him forward, “let’s go.”

The three made their way to the bus stop, which then took them to the next neighborhood where Seokjin, Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung lived in a humble dormitory. The building was a lot bigger than Joohyun had expected, but it was co-ed, which made her quite irritated. Although Seokjin was someone she knew she trusted, she felt that men in general were never to be trusted with anything. Her eyes narrowed on the building as if she was preparing for war when Jungkook broke her concentration.

“Let’s go,” he shouted to them as he walked up the stairs to the entrance.

Yeri skipped after him with a smile on her face as Joohyun continued to study the building.

For some reason, it was harder to finish her mission now that she was here. She didn’t actually think she’d get this far into finding him, which now prompted the question in her head.

What do I say to him?

She stayed there for another minute before Yeri turned to her from the top of the stairs, “unnie! Are you coming?”

“O-oh, yeah,” she responded, “I’m coming.”

She took a step and then another, unable to decide on what to say exactly. It was so confusing for her, her uality, her feelings, her actions. What was she supposed to do about it all?

“Please don’t mind the mess,” Jungkook announced to them as he unlocked the door to their room, “hyung, we have-…”

He froze suddenly inside the doorframe. Yeri was caught so off-guard by the stop that she then tripped on her own foot and instinctively grabbed onto Jungkook’s shoulders to hold herself up. Joohyun slowly stopped behind them.

“What are you doing,” Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter