the offer

SILENCE IS A SOUND
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE DINNER

KWON BUNGALOW

 

That night, Taeyeon is wearing a red dress with daisy flower pattern. Meanwhile, Jiyong is wearing a white suit with red color shirt. Jiyong grandfather and Kwon Yul welcomed their arrival.

“Welcome to my house” Jiyong grandfather said to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon nodded politely while smiling.

“Thank you” Taeyeon replied.

“Halabeoji, this is Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon” Jiyong introduce her to his grandfather.

“Taeyeon…what a nice name” he replied while smiling.

Kown Yul is just staring Taeyeon up and down without saying anything.

“Jiyong, bring her to the dining room” he said while smiling.

Kwon Yul is just staring at Taeyeon without blinking. Jiyong noticed that scene and then he just grab Taeyeon waist to be closed to him. Taeyeon frown her eyebrows when she noticed Jiyong action toward her. However, Jiyong just ignoring her staring and continues walks toward the dining room.

 

 

 

Jiyong pull the chair for Taeyeon before he seat beside her. After that, Taeyeon saw Jiyong aunty and his husband is entering the room. Moment later, Kwon Yul come with his wife. After all of them are sitting, the maid start to serve their dinner.

“So, Taeyeon-shi…where did you meet Jiyong?” Kwon Yul starts the conversation.

Taeyeon and Jiyong looks at each other before her reply

“We meet at the bar when I’m with my friends”

“Oh…that’s nice to hear the story then…” Kwon Yul said while smirk wickedly.

Jiyong feels annoy when he saw that smiles.

“Hooo…I don’t think it’s a nice story to hear from us” Taeyon replied while chuckles.

Kwon Yul wants to say something but his mother sign him not to. After that, they are focusing on the meals.

“Hurm, Taeyeon-shi, what do you do?” Kwon Yul mother suddenly asked.

“Erm…I’m a volunteer” Taeyeon replied after she finish munch her foods.

“Wow…I don’t know that it's a job,” Kwon Yul said sarcastically.

Taeyeon feels uncomfortable after she heard that. She noticed that Kwon Yul is trying to insult her work as a volunteer.

“Of course it’s a job. It’s a noble job. If someone like you can't help it then we as volunteers need to help them. Helping is not just about money. It can be done by taking care of, caring for, and enjoying the lives of others. That what we do,” Taeyeon said firmly while staring at him. Jiyong and his grandfather are smiling after Taeyeon said that.

“That’s great! I hope I can be a volunteer just like you,” Jiyong grandfather said that while smiling.

“Of course, Sir. Anytime you can do that,” Taeyeon replied.

“Don’t call me sir. Just call me halabeoji” he said while smiling.

“Arasso, halabeoji” Taeyeon said while smiling.

Jiyong just smiles when he saw Taeyeon and his grandfather.

 

Kwon Yul feels uneasy when he saw Taeyeon is well received by his grandfather.

“So, when will the wedding?” Kwon Yul said try to open the topic.

That question makes Jiyong and Taeyeon startled. Kwon Yul noticed their face and smirk wickedly.

“Hurm… we just knew each other...I don't think we go to that point” Jiyong said hesitate.

“What? Why? I thought that you're going to marry her. That's why I'm asking you to bring her” Jiyong grandfather, said.

“No…it’s not like that…we actually…” Jiyong hesitate for a while when he saw halabeoji stares at him firmly.

“Ermm…we actually already plan the married but...because I'm too busy...so...” Jiyong continues try to give an excuses.

“When did you plan to get married?” he asked while staring at Jiyong.

“Ermm…” Jiyong looks at Taeyeon for a while and then turn to looks at halabeoji before he continue say

“Next month?” Jiyong blurt spontaneously.

“Great!” his grandfather said.

“What?” Taeyeon shout when Jiyong said that.

Suddenly, the situation becomes awkward. Kwon Yul smiles widely after he saw the scene. Meanwhile, the others just stares at them while munch their foods.

“Hehe…yeah…” Jiyong said while chuckles awkwardly.

Taeyeon is staring at Jiyong with suspired meanwhile his halabeoji looks at him with suspicious.

“Jiyong, meet me after this” his halabeoji said before he get up from his chair and walks away from there.

 

 

 

After finish the meals, Jiyong walk to meet his halabeoji. He knocks the door before he enters the room.

“Halabeoji?” Jiyong said

“Did you hide something from me?” he asked before he turns slowly to face Jiyong.

“What do you mean?” Jiyong asked nervously.

“Why she looks so surprised?” he asked curiously.

“Erm…it’s because…hurm…” Jiyong hesitate for a while to find a string reason.

“What’s wrong?” he asked when he saw Jiyong uneasy face.

“I have not proposed her yet” Jiyong randomly blurt out.

“Haa…that’s why she looks so surprised…aigooo” he said while laughing.

“Yeah…” Jiyong replied awkwardly. However, in his mind is already miserable.

“So…do it tonight! Do you have the ring?” he asked excitedly.

“Huh?” Jiyong replied blankly

“Did you have the ring?” he repeats the question.

Jiyong is just shaking his head slowly.

“Aigoo…you’re too slow!” he said while shake his head.

Jiyong just chuckle awkwardly after he hears that words.

 

Jiyong POV

“What should I do? Argh…Taeyeon going to mad at me!”

 

“Okay, just do whatever you’re planning. If you want my help just ask but…make sure the wedding is happening” his halabeoji said while smiling.

“Erm…halabeoji…” Jiyong try to said but his halabeoji interrupt him and say

“Cannot wait to share the news with Dami”

“Yeah…” Jiyong replied slowly while try to force himself smiling.

 

 

 

 

After the dinner, Taeyeon bring herself toward the mini garden beside the dinner room. She stares at the night sky while thinking what just happen at the table. Suddenly, someone approaching her and say

“Your dress is nice”

Taeyeon startled for a while when she hears the voice. When she turn, she saw it’s Kwon Yul wife.

“Thank you. It’s Jiyong choice want me to wear this dress” Taeyeon replied.

“No doubt. He really has a high taste,” she said.

Taeyeon is just smiling after she said that.

“Hi, let me introduce myself properly. My name is Han Yeri.” She said while hand out to handshake with Taeyeon.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Kim Taeyeon” Taeyeon replied while handshake with her.

“I'm surprised when Jiyong said he wants to bring his girlfriend. Although, he has some of a girlfriend, but you're the first one he bring to meet the family.” She said while smiling.

Taeyeon is surprised when she said that.

“Oh, I don’t know that” Taeyeon replied surprised.

“So, what do you know about him?” suddenly Kwon Yul interrupt their conversation.

 

Taeyeon and Yeri turn to looks at him.

“What are you doing here?” Yeri asked firmly.

“What? I just want to have a chat with her” Kwon Yul replied.

“Yeah…” Yeri replied annoy with his husband presence.

“So, Taeyeon-shi…what do you know about him?” Kwon Yul repeats his question.

“Erm…not much…but I know he have really nice family” Taeyeon replied sarcastically.

Yeri hold her laugh when Taeyeon replied that but Kwon Yul feels irate with her answer.

“Okay, I want to go inside. Nice to meet you, Taeyeon-shi” Yeri said before she enter the room.

 

 

 

After that, the area only Kwon Yul and Taeyeon are left alone. Taeyeon feels uneasy when Kwon Yul keeps staring at her.

“How much Jiyong pay you to do this?” Kwon Yul blurts out his mind.

Taeyeon startled after he hear the question.

“Did he force you?” Kwon Yul keeps asking her.

“Or… you're chasing his money?” Kwon Yul continue asked.

Taeyeon feels uneasy when he stares at her firmly while he slowly approaches her to be close toward her body.

“What are you doing with my girl?” suddenly Jiyong shout from the door.

Both of them startled after hear Jiyong voice.

Jiyong then immediately move towards Taeyeon. Jiyong grab her hand and pull her behind him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter