Act Six

Behind the Exodeux
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Act Six

            The beeps sound filled the room as the silence follows. The only sound in the room was his sister’s low sobbing, but now the latter has fallen asleep after crying too much. Joy is panic after knowing that Donghae is sent to the ER. The girl, who is currently accompanied by the other police officer in charge soon comes to the hospital and stays with Donghae while the other officer called Eunhyuk.

Chanyeol is glad that the man is saved, even though he is barely survived from all the cuts, but still, he made it alive. Chanyeol turned around and take his leave after making sure that his sister wouldn’t wake up soon. Someone should take care of the bill and he knows that he is responsible for it.

            When he is finished all the payments on his own credit card, he checked on his watch. Ryeowook hyung would ask him with so many questions if he just came today. He isn’t in the mood to talk much. He better takes his sick leave again and didn’t come to work.

            He just finished talking with his Boss in the phone when he heard someone is coming to him. He widened his eyes, is not that surprised when he recognized the face for the first time. Looking at the name tag on the uniform he wears, Chanyeol couldn’t help but to sigh.

“Why didn’t you run away?” the man asked, which only get another question from Chanyeol

“So, you are the other officer that guards my sister, really?” Chanyeol asked, a bit mocking on his twisted destiny

“You are a fool. Your friends hate you. None of them will believe you, included the one who you love. Yet, you didn’t leave us when you have the time” the man added

But Chanyeol straightened his lips then he muttered “None of your business”

“You are aware that giving him your bloods wouldn’t change a thing. Knowing the past wouldn’t make any difference. Why bother to try? You will be left behind in the darkness with nobody is around you. In the end, you will lose and dead is the only company you have”

“I made a promise” Chanyeol looked at the man in the eyes as his vision went back to the memories four years ago “That I won’t leave him alone and he will protect me because I always got in trouble. Up till now, I know he won’t break his promise. I am not you. I might be alone now, but I won’t be alone at my last. So that you know, love does exist and this will be end happily for both parties”

“You read too much fairytale. Not such a thing called happily ever after”

            Chanyeol didn’t say much. He just left the man alone in the hospital alley, knowing the man wouldn’t do anything bad in the eye of CCTV. Do Kyungsoo? No wonders he is familiar with the name. He is just one of them, the real one is just got a cut from Code Number 04 in front of his house, means the one who wears the uniform is the fake one.

            He waits for the man to leave him in the alley and then he took his leave.

***

            Jongdae opened his eyes and he only see white decorated the room. He groaned when he feels pain on both of his hands. He feels dizzy, weakened at the same time.

“You wake up!”

            He heard a voice from his side. It is not other than Officer Lee whose face is dead worried and Jongdae wonders why.

“Why am I in the hospital?” Jongdae asked casually

“That should be my question! Why you are sent to the hospital? Doctor said that you are lacking of blood- do you have anemia or something like that? You need to sleep more. Take a rest. Are you feeling better now? Tell me where is hurt?”

            Jongdae groaned at the sudden question, but against Eunhyuk’s will, he straightened his position, trying to observe Eunhyuk’s face.

“Something is wrong back in the office?”

Eunhyuk feels taken aback “Officer Do called me and said that one of the X Murder Case attack Officer Lee. He is currently in the Emergency Room and we didn’t know whether he will survive or not”

Jongdae bit his lips, all worried not because of Donghae but more in the panic on Eunhyuk’s face “Then what are you doing here? Just go back to the Town” he suggested

“-and leaving you here in the hospital alone? You clearly didn’t have anyone around, I wouldn’t do that. Not after what happened to Mr. Park. I will wait here”

“Don’t be stubborn” Jongdae sighed “You just go back to the Town and checked on Donghae. Our job is finished here”

“It is not called stubborn, this is called responsibility“

“And that responsibility is not yours” Jongdae made sure to smile gently as he added to worried Eunhyuk “I am sorry to say this, but here is my hometown hyung. Stop worrying too much. I know one or two person here. I mean, see for yourself. Look behind you”

            At that, Eunhyuk turned around. A visitor, with a mask on and a baseball cap, just entered the room and looked surprised at Eunhyuk’s uniform. Jongdae didn’t show any emotion though. Instead, he just offered his hand and let the visitor to talk.

 “Jongdae-ah, it is been a long time. I heard that you came here, but why are you in the hospital, and urm- a police officer?” the man looked at Eunhyuk then back to Jongdae, they could see how his eyes grinned into crescent “You really became a detective then, eh?”

“Yes” Jongdae said harshly, but then he saw the confusion in Eunhyuk’s eyes, so then he added “Introducing, one of my childhood friends, named is Chen”

            The man, called Chen, offered his hand to Eunhyuk. By now, the smile is actually faked. Even his background story is not true. But saying that he is a childhood friend, Jongdae knows it is not wrong at all. They indeed met twelve years ago.

“Nice to meet you, my name is Chen. What is with the pale face? Something bad has happened?”

“Yes. Something really bad has happened” Jongdae gritted his teeth, trying to hide his annoyance and continued “His friend was attacked back in the Town, he needs to check on him but thinking that I am alone here, so-“

Chen grinned, tightened his cap as he interrupted “But you are not alone”

“-is what I am trying to say since half an hour ago” Jongdae stated, he looked at Eunhyuk “I am with my friend now. You can go back and check on Donghae. Don’t forget to tell me the latest information about X Murder Case, will you?”

            Eunhyuk, in between being nice brother and guard Jongdae or being a nice friend and check on Donghae, finally decided that Jongdae is safe with his childhood friend. So he finally nodded, asking Jongdae to take care of himself and promise him to give him any latest news to him. Jongdae thanked him, watching Eunhyuk to leave him. When he did, his gaze turned to the only man in the room by now already took off his cap and his mask.

“What a nice partner we are. Both are good liars” the man sang a song

Jongdae rolled his eyes, huffed in annoyance and said “You wish” then he added “Why you are coming here, not enough with my blood, huh?”

“Well you are a smart guy. You know you are so right with that. The blood is so damn addictive and I couldn’t stop consuming it even though I have a choice not to” Chen his lips as he said that then pulled a chair beside Jongdae, he stated “In case you want to know. I am all alone now. Number 94, the guy who killed Mr. Park has already back to Town, presumably is trying to kill that police you just send home” he informed

“The hell you are talking about now. Why did you just say it now?” Jongdae widened his eyes, already pulled out the infuse that has been attached on his skin harshly and ready to stop Eunhyuk

            But the act made his hand bleeds and that is enough to make Chen stopped him to do so. Chen grabbed his hand in hurry, wiping the blood away and put the bandage on it. The man is surprisingly glared at Jongdae while pushing the patient back to his bed.

“I am not doing babysitting works so obey me and calm your nerve down” Chen intimidated Jongdae and hissed at him “Number 94 wouldn’t lay a hand on that officer. Not before he visit an acquaintance. And presume that he already meet him, Number 94 wouldn’t act so soon. He is the man with calculation, he won’t do anything in hasty”

            Jongdae glared at Chen which grinned at him.

“I might be good with lying but I am a man with the words” Chen leaned closer to Jongdae and kissed the bandage on his hand “I have stated that you are not alone. I am meant it”

***

            Chanyeol went home because he needs to check on something. Being a good girl, Joy said that she will waits in the hospital. The case has been brought up to the police as Donghae has been attacked by one of the murderers in X Murder Case. Chanyeol heard something about Head Police, but he didn’t really pay attention to it as his eyes fell to the short man.

            That short man is definitely not the real Kyungsoo, but how can he lives freely? It is clear that the real Kyungsoo should live in hidden. That is why the man is seen together with Baekhyun.

            -and Kris.

            Oh how he couldn’t forget the same face of the murderer who almost kill him that time. If it is not because of Number 04, Chanyeol wouldn’t be alive for now. Speaking of Number 04, the man already waits Chanyeol in his room, sat casually on the chair as he didn’t want to spoil Chanyeol’s bed with his blood.

            The man is still bleeding with his dark green blood that is covered his black leather jacket.

“I know you didn’t feel pain, but you still have to treat yourself” Chanyeol sighed, approaching the man and took the first aid kit in the first cabinet of his closet “Stay there, I will take care of it”

            Number 04 is very obedient. The man didn’t even move, or flinching, when Chanyeol took off his jacket. Chanyeol is the one who frowned after saw the horrible scars on Number 04’s back.

            He shook his head and started to focus on the source of the cut where Baekhyun just added. He poured the alcohol, looked up only to see Number 04’s expressionless face. The guy has been trained to be killer machine for a long time without feeling pain and be treating bad all years. Chanyeol knows how worst the life he has been through.

“You should have not hurt him, Donghae is a good police. Why did you do that?”

            Sometimes Chanyeol hopes the man will reply him, but Number 04 only gave him a look. Chanyeol didn’t say anything after that. He started to treat the other’s wound and rolled the bandage on his stomach. He looked at Number 04 and smiled bitterly.

“Thank you for keeping your promise though. You didn’t hurt Baekhyun-ie”

            Number 04 stood up, he gave Chanyeol a nod and ready to leave the room when Chanyeol took a scissors on the table and cut himself. There is a panic in Number 04’s eyes but Chanyeol just smiled, he offered his bleeding hand to Number 04.

“Eat. I don’t want you to be weak at time like this”

            Then Number 04 looked at Chanyeol in worried, back to his bleeding hand. He tried not to his lips, but the scent is too sweet that Number 04 couldn’t help not to lean closer to the bleeding hand. Chanyeol pulled him into a back hug and whispered to the man.

“Just wait a little bit. It won’t take that long. Just- let us all be happy”

***

“Jieun-ah”

            A fifteen years old girl turned around when she heard someone is knocking on her door. She immediately closed her book as the man smiled at her and told her to come to her. The girl nodded, ensured that her five years old little sister is still sleeping before coming to her oldest brother.

“Yes, oppa? You will leave for work?”

Luhan nodded, patted his little sister before and kissed her forehead “Don’t open the door for any stranger, alright?”

            The girl nodded.

“Good. I will go for work then. But, where are Donghyun and Songhyun? It is weird not to see them anywhere at this time”

“It is 9PM, oppa. They are already asleep. Today’s field trip, remember”

            Jieun gave him a cute glare and Luhan laughed awkwardly. Well, it is not his fault that he easily forgot. He sneaked peek to the room to see that little Nana is already asleep so he patted Jieun’s shoulder once again and left the room. Jieun followed him behind with her little steps.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter