Act Ten

Behind the Exodeux
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: OMG, did I really not post anything since May?! Geez, I feel so bad to you guys. But this times around is also difficult for me :( . I am so sorry, deep apologize! I won't promise you a good chapter afterwards or a regular update anymore. So much happen for months, I hope you are good and fine. Keep happy and stay healthy guys <3<3 . Here is a closure I finally managed to make. I hope you won't find it in rush or anything because this is actually is planned since long time ago. Well, if you please ^^

.

.

.

.

.

Act Ten

            Sehun looked on his phone, staring on his reflection to find any lacking spot. But it does not look like he has one. He is just perfect- outside, inside.

Well, if the perfect means in standard criteria of almost everyone.

He is rich. He owns eleven buildings by himself, not to mention his biggest income comes from the famous Exodus Bar which serves 24/7 service. He is also handsome, like really is handsome. His height is not the only reason people would stare hungrily at him, though his gaze is so dominant. Despite the fact, he is still young. The most plausible reason why his club is so famous is because he is the face of it. Not to forget that he is very romantic.

Romantic does mean to always priority his crush, doesn’t it?

President Oh, or people keeps calling him Mr. Oh like he has not registered his name yet, is often seen alone by himself in his VVIP room. A faithful, lovely man seems to be added on his long list of good points. It is an open secret that he has a lover, perhaps a super model or a blessing girl, or else there must be a reason why he never comes down to the floor.

Sadly, that is not really a reason, though half of it is true.

Sehun is not romantic. He is more like obsessed. And it is not about a lucky girl or any beautiful girl, but to the unexpected four years older man who is pouting by himself on the bar table alone, named Luhan.

“-and he didn’t pick his call! Now I don’t even know whether he is safe or not!”

            Luhan keeps muttering under his breath. The man obviously isn’t aware of his boss’s presence yet. He keeps tapping his foot on the floor while is biting his nails and is waiting for the other one in the line to pick up his call.

            Poorly, even the gorgeous Sehun needs to clear his throat to get Luhan’s attention.

Upon hearing the voice, Luhan lifted his head, seems surprise to see his boss in front of him “Oh my Goodness” he said in surprise “I am sorry I didn’t see you there, Boss. Usual?” he hurriedly prepares to make a drink when surprisingly Sehun shook his head

“I am not with my driver”

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. That is so out of character. He always serves his boss with his whiskey cocktail and the man always praised him with the drink. He is quite proud of it. It seems a bit disappointed for Luhan and obsessed Sehun surely got it fast.

“I have a meeting in an hour, I need to stay focus. A big one” Sehun immediately explained thus brings back Luhan’s smile

“Oh, okay then” the older said in happy tone as he put down his glass but then he looks up as if he remembers something “Do you need any other help then?”

            Yes. It is him. Luhan. He needs to fill up his happy vitamin ‘cause that big meeting will exhaust him for sure. But Oh Sehun wouldn’t say something like that. Don’t call him Sehun if he couldn’t lead the conversation very well.

Sehun took the nearest seat to Luhan and impossibly whispered in the loud music “Who do you call? You looks so frustrated” he cleared his throat to hide his red cheeks as he added “You know that I care for my staffs”

Luhan, obviously didn’t catch the worried tone Sehun’s used, answered “Minseok-ie” at the name is called, Sehun rolled his eyes in annoyance “He asked me to cover on him tomorrow. But you know we have the same shift. I can’t be in two different places at a time. So I called him to refuse and work seriously-“ Sehun nodded in proud, oh how unaware Luhan with that “-but he didn’t pick my call since this morning. He lives alone and now I am afraid that something is happened with him. He is not usually like this, Boss. He is careless but he always picks up my calls. Do you believe me, Boss?”

            Luhan stared at Sehun. His puppy eyes are killing him inside. Sehun just wants to squeal and grabbed the other’s hands as he shouted I do in front of everyone on his wedding day.

            Wait, what the question again?

“I know it, you will believe me. Minseok-ie is not a lazy! Something bad is happening and I can feel it” Luhan hold his hands and Sehun couldn’t help not to blush obviously

            Seems like he didn’t just imagine thing-

“Oh, I am so sorry. Geez, I am too excited. I am so sorry, Boss” Luhan interpret it wrong though Sehun really don’t mind to be wrapped by Luhan

Sehun cleared his throat again and calmly said “Maybe he is just busy”

“Do you think so?” Luhan asked seriously

Sehun nodded, looked at his watch and sigh as he realize it is time to go so he stood and said “About tomorrow, just come as usual. I am going to cover up with your co-worker”

Luhan widened his eyes. Does he hear it wrong?

“But, Boss-“

“Any problem with it?” Sehun straightened up his tie’s position as he threw his best smile to Luhan, he raised one of his eyebrows and smirked “Don’t you believe at me?”

“That is not what I am talking about, you are a Boss and-“

“-and I just cover up to my staff. That is okay, not a big deal. Beside I am free tomorrow, so, why not?”

“But your fiancé-?”

Sehun almost choked hearing Luhan said the word “M-my fiancé-?” he really needs to clear his name soon “I don’t have any fiancé”

            Luhan blinked his eyes furiously. Doesn’t he have one?

“Alright then, I need to go. See you tomorrow” Sehun bid his goodbye as he left the club

            Then, someone scooted closer to Luhan.

“So, he doesn’t have any fiancé. The rumor is wrong indeed. What a waste” the man muttered as he nodded his head knowingly

“Who are you?” Luhan asked in harsh tone as the man laughed

“Me? I am a customer. Be nice”

“A reporter or any other profession related isn’t allowed here” Luhan lowered his voice dangerously

But the man just smirked and said “Thankfully, I am not both. Well, you don’t need to know my name. But maybe you are dying to know, just in case, I am Park Jungsoo. It has been a long time, hasn’t it? All of you grew so fast-“

            -must be another weird guy who thought that he knows everyone in the world. Luhan rolled his eyes, decided not to deal with him as he tried to call Minseok under his table again.

***

            He was in the good mood. Everyone notices that. Not like everyday President Oh can smile from ear to ear, not while he is visiting his grandfather. They thought the young successful man just called his hidden fiancé thus how he got such a happy face. The smile soon disappeared when he entered the VIP room to attend a dinner meeting.

            Instead is facing with a client, he has face with no other that his grandfather. Then, as if that didn’t just upset him, he saw another man with a suit and a girl around his age with a dress. He understood immediately. His meeting is just hacked. Unlike the others, Founder Oh surely knows his grandchild is single.

Oh Sejoon is the name and he is no longer young. Today marked his eighty-two years old birthday, despite is being looked fine and handsome, thanks to all the fortunes. But still, He needs heirs to continue his business, enjoying the luxurious life he has. After losing the sole blood related successor, the world leaves no choice other than the only grandchild of his, Oh Sehun.

            And that is not like the first time this has happened. Sehun just needs to play it cool, like an old game. He shows his polite-business smile and bows a little.

“-here is the prince Charming! I thought that you won’t ever come. Here, sit here. My best grandchild. Handsome young boy, sit beside your proud grandfather!”

            The old man shows his biggest smile, faking his laugh as he patted the empty sit beside him. Oh Sehun has left no other choice than dragging his feet to the position. After he took a seat, he glanced at two other guests in the room.

“Here young man, you know him, right? Show your manner as I am a proud grandpa. Introducing-“

“Byun Daejoon, the CEO of Byun Entrepise Co.” Sehun bows and turned to the girl beside “-and if I am not mistaken, is his only daughter, Byun Heejun”

            -is surprising enough to see Byun’s relatives here.

“A clever man as said!” Byun Daejoon seems satisfied as he and his daughter greeted back “-and now no wonder why Oh’s family is so famous. They have such a gentleman in the gen”

            Greasy as always.

“I couldn’t wait any longer to make this marriage happen!” Byun Daejon exclaimed

Sehun dropped his fake smile and turned to Oh Sejoon who squinted his lips, acted like the bomb is not just dropped to the man beside him “Yes, I couldn’t wait either. Right, Sehun? We just talk like, five minutes, and Heejun is such a fine lady. You raised your child very well”

Byun Daejoon seems over-proud as he added “Sehun is also a fine young gentleman. Think about it, they just made a perfect couple, right?”

            Sehun turned to Heejun whose cheeks are colored red but still maintain her princess attitude. He widened his eyes in disbelief. A fine lady, seriously? His grandfather will get a heart attack if he knows that this fine lady is a regular on his night club. The image of him being on the aisle with her terrified him as he decided to put nonsense in the end.

“I am not sorry to say this, but- I don’t recognize having this kind of conversation with grandpa yet” Sehun acted innocently and turned to his grandfather which hand rested on the back on Sehun, telling him to act well, but Sehun just continued “Grandpa, I have told you that I won’t marry anyone”

            Byun Daejoon widened his eyes, look curious at what Oh’s going to answer. He clearly didn’t plan this to happen. But for the sake of his company, he couldn’t let this chance pass. Waiting seems like the best option for now on.

Therefore, Oh Sejoon excuses himself and pulled Sehun closer while is whispering “Such a waste of talent. You got the face and the skill. You need to have heirs. Byun is the best candidate we have. Rich, famous, and a joke”

            -and that is what Oh Sejoon is, a manipulative businessman.

Upon hearing the reason, Sehun couldn’t help not to laugh half-heartedly. Sejoon seems surprise. Moreover, the two Byuns on the other side of the table.

“If you really want heir that badly, why don’t you continue the research you have been putting a lot of money there?”

At the word mentioned, Sejoon seems tensed “I am already too old. I am afraid I did not get what you are talking about. Which research?” he twitched his eyes out of habit while he is nervous

            But Sehun is smart. He notices that Sejoon is not the only one reacted with the topic. He knows very well Byun is just as guilty as his family. Being a great sponsor of unknown illegal research twelve years ago has its own advantage for him. Sehun might not remember anything, but his sources said that this Byun is involved.

“I don’t know, I am too young to remember, am I not?” he then looked at his nervous grandfather then turned to Byun Daejoon “But congratulation Mr. Byun. I heard that your company has been going well. To merge your company with your brother’s company is a brilliant plan. If that is not because of your mental nephew, I doubt that the two companies merged into one”

“Apologize Oh Sehun. You are no in any place to talk about our family’s misfortune like that” Heejun broke off her cover but Sehun keeps going

“Misfortune? If I may say, it is more like a train of organized planning than a misfortune” Sehun turned to Byun Daejoon “Yours has been shadowed for a long time from your brother’s company. If not because of Byun Daehyun’s ego, you can shine together under one roof. I wonder why you are so sensitive about this. I just stated a fact, miss Heejun. Your cousin is a patient who kills his family and currently is isolated in your family’s villa despite being a model student for twelve years straight”

“Sehun” Oh Sejoon deepened his voice as he glared at Sehun but the man has enough

Sehun wiped his mouth with the napkin and stood up, looking down at them “Fine then, I just bothered you guys here. Enjoy your meal as I will take my leave now. Unlike you guys, who have a lot of free time for chit chat and talking nonsense about someone’s marriage. I am a busy body who needs to work tomorrow” he bows before walks toward the exit

But Sejoon yelled at his name once again, thus Sehun turned around just when he is at the door “Just to remind you that there will be no marriage if there is not any groom. Maybe next time, when you intended to arrange your only grandchild’s marriage again, you should take a notice that he is not straight. Goodnight”

            As Sehun said that, he left the room.

***

            The man put the bottles back to the table. He pouted, out of habit when he is deadly annoyed. He couldn’t help but to be remembered with the hurtful scene this afternoon. And all is him to be blamed for.

 

“Strawberry? I prefer vanilla”

Chanyeol turned around. He did it by instinct. Listening to the voice resembles him too much that he almost got goosebumps there. But that is not the only scene he saw that afternoon.

“-and you said that you are the best fighter among them, seriously? Here, take it. Ice melted on my hands. No complaints”

            Chanyeol screams, internally. He stretched his hands to the man in his life to avoid him consume anything is given by that man. But that is all just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter