Act Eight Point Four

Behind the Exodeux
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Act Eight Point Four

An abandoned building, four years ago

            The tall man stood still on the door frame, is staring at the tied men they just had kidnapped. He didn’t show any expression at all, not even his signature smirk. Code Number 61 who is always seen with his ignorance behavior now is stunned behind the door, not knowing what he had to do.

“You two unbelievably look alike”

            He turned around only to find Code Number 68 stood behind him. The man looks at him with an evil smile that started to irk Code Number 61 for no reason. Oh but it does has a reason.

            Code Number 68 is just as arrogance as Code Number 61. They both are the loudest and the rebellious among them. They are the closest one called succeed. They can use five senses of human properly, even blend with people casually. But they are lacking of that one crucial thing for human, the feelings.

            Though they share the same first rule of ‘showing no mercy to their target’, but that doesn’t mean they are good at each other. They are getting on each other nerve frequently that always ended up at Code Number 61 burned Code Number 68 with his fire and win in victory. The fact of failing to inherit the power of his project, Code Number 68 is not any difference from another human being but with no feeling and great desire to kill.

            Thus why although he is a rebel, but Code Number 68 still obey his leader.

“But the order is to kill-“ Code Number 68 smirked at the thought, he added “I wonder who is granted the crown to kill you- I mean, he might not be you, but you two share the same face, the same body, the same everything. Killing him now is just like killing you here, isn’t it?” he lowered his voice and added “Just to remind you that everyone here hates you, that is included me, so- I just couldn’t wait for the request. I won’t make it fast. You know me. I will make it slow thus the torture will be long lasting and unforgettable”

            Then, Code Number 68 just left him there.

           Code Number 61 put his hand to his chest, surprise to feel the heart beats irregularly. That is a new for him. He couldn’t describe it. It just happened like that. He feels his muscles become numb then his started to sweat a lot. He has the urge for trembling a lot.

Is that fear?

-or minor malfunction on his system?

Code Number 61 always wonders what it look like to be a human, to have a feeling on his own. He peeked to the unconscious man in the room that looks like him. He hates him. To be able living on his own and free, he hates that man for no reason.

            He actually has enough reason to hate him.

Code Number 61 gripped the wall so hard that his hand started to produce fire on his own. He glared and left the man alone. That man stupidly walks on his feet to their base as if he is asking them to kill him. Now, Code Number 61 has a weakness, and he really didn’t like the sound of it.

            That night, Code Number 00 and Code Number 01 didn’t just bring one man. They brought two. One is similar to Code Number 61, named is Chanyeol. And the other who came with him is the one who looks exactly like Code Number 01, named is Suho.

            Code Number 61 didn’t give a about the man named Suho. Once the man is brought up to them, he just smiled excitedly. Then the man named Chanyeol shows up, and his smile disappeared. It doesn’t happen to the others though. Suho might not be a threat for them, but Chanyeol? They just couldn’t decide who will kill that man. Code Number 00 has make it clear to spare no mercy to both of them.

“Then, who will be in charge?” Code Number 07 asked

            He gulped while looking at them one by one. One of them is Chanyeol, Code Number 61’s main project. There will be a lot who will like to kill him.

            There is Code Number 99 who hates Code Number 61 with unknown reason. Both of them are like dog and cat, just like Code Number 21 and Code Number 12. They argued a lot. But honestly, Code Number 07 never saw them hurts each other. Code Number 99 is way too nice and never started a fight.

Unlike Code Number 12 who will throw chucks of stone to Code Number 21 just because he hates the other’s existence, but then Code Number 21 will accidentally strike Code him with lightning. Then they will fight until Code Number 21 cornered to give up. Code Number 12 will always win, but that doesn’t always the case, because Code Number 21 is the smartest. Code Number 21 somehow managed to make Code Number 12 is defeated by the other, mostly is Code Number 61.

Therefore, it made Code Number 12 as another volunteer to kill Chanyeol. They both have anger management issue. Code Number 12 and Code Number 61 will fight anyone for no reason, just because, they want it. Worse, Code Number 12 didn’t even think about it. He has a really high pride that anyone couldn’t fight with.

However, talking about who hates Code Number 61 the most, Code Number 68 couldn’t be missed. They both are rebellious and wouldn’t listen to anyone. Though, the lack of skill in Code Number 68 gave him no reason but to obey their leader only. That made Code Number 68 hates Code Number 61. The latter has too much for not having any power in him.

“May I be in charge to that man, then?”

Code Number 07 widened his eyes when he saw who is talking. It is Code Number 10 is pointed to Suho. This might be a betrayal for Code Number 01 which eyes are directed to Code Number 10 in so much hatred. Though, Code Number 00 didn’t say anything but nodded at the idea.

“Good then, I am leaving” Code Number 10 said as he stood up and left them

            Code Number 07 saw how Code Number 01 is desperate to follow him, but deciding not to. They are ordered to kill them. It might be the case that Code Number 10 just offered himself so Code Number 01 didn’t have to kill himself.

            That is absurd.

            At this point, Code Number 07 is surprised to see Code Number 00 looked at him. Four of them are made to obey orders without questioning. They are Code Number 04, Code Number 07, Code Number 88, and Code Number 94. One order and he has no choice but to follow it.

            But think about it. Code Number 07 is loud, nothing compared to the other three. The best killer among them is Code Number 04, but he is the closest to Code Number 61. Obviously, Code Number 00 wouldn’t be stupid enough to order him, right?

“Why didn’t ask me to be in charge?”

            Code Number 07 couldn’t be anymore happy than this when he heard Code Number 21 offered himself. That, maybe, the happiest moment Code Number 07 ever feels to Code Number 21. To think that he might be one of the candidate of killing Chanyeol-

            He glanced at Code Number 61 who listens to them in silence-

            Code Number 07 really didn’t want to think about anything that will trigger Code Number 61’s anger.

Code Number 12 smirked at Code Number 21 “-and then what? Failed to kill him? Let’s be honest here, you are just a loser here. I am against this idea. Let me be in charge instead”

“Aw, I am hurt, merci” Code Number 21 rolled his eyes then glanced at Code Number 68 “Won’t you offer yourself then? I don’t really care to kill him anyway. Perhaps you two should fight to see who the best. N’est-ce pas?”

“That is not needed, everyone knows that-“ Code Number 12 said but Code Number 68 interrupted

“-I am the best” Code Number 68 continued

            Both of them started to glare at each other.

“You sure about that? You are just a failed project who can’t handle your power at all. How can you, out of us, be the best?” Code Number 12 said

“Killing is not about power. That magical little thing is only a bonus for coward like you. I mean, what are you, if you are not having any of that power?” Code Number 68 mocked

“Stop you two” Code Number 01 immediately said, he glared at Code Number 21 “-and you, stop laughing. There is nothing funny here”

Code Number 21 pouted “Looking at two rats talking about who the best when the best among us is not saying a word at all. That is the funniest scene I have ever watched” he said loud enough for them to hear

            Both of them are looking at Code Number 21’s direction in so much hate. But the one who laugh is not only him. There comes Code Number 61’s laughter that filled the tensed room.

“So, are you referring to my baby?” Code Number 61 asked

Code Number 21 whistled “Are you the best then?”

“I don’t think so, should we show them who is the best then, baby?”  Code Number 61 dropped his laughter and put his hand on fire while is approaching Code Number 04 who has already took out his rapier

“There, he shows off again” Code Number 99 rolled his eyes and elbowed Code Number 21 “At least you lowered the tension, thanks”

“You’re welcome” Code Number 21 whispered to Code Number 99 only

Before both of them could have the real fighting, because Code Number 61 is always meant what he said, Code Number 00 got angry.

“Enough you two” he shouted “Then, it is decided. Code Number 04 will be in charge. He will kill that man, Chanyeol, tonight”

            At that said, the meeting is over.

***

An abandoned building, present time

“You are here” Code Number 61 lifted both of his hands up “Why am I not surprise?”

“Leave me alone” Code Number 99, aka Xiumin, glared at him

            Code Number 61 laughs at the hatred tone. He put his hands on Xiumin’s shoulder casually and whispered something that made Xiumin’s eyes widened. He turned around and shouted loud enough to make Code Number 61 covered his mouth with his hand.

“Why you didn’t tell me sooner?” he lowered his voice in panic

“Oh, I didn’t remember if we are that close. But now I told you”

“Damn you. I shouldn’t be here then. I shouldn’t be here” he repeated and turned around but froze upon seeing someone

“Code Number 99?” Code Number 21 just came, as surprise as Xiumin

“He goes by the name Xiumin now” Code Number 61 shrugged his shoulder and pushed Xiumin to Code Number 21 “Oh, and he goes by the name Chen too. What happened with you two? You soulmate are ungrateful to the name that are brought to us” Code Number teased them

“It is not even a name. It is just a number” Chen furrowed his eyebrows

“Oh, don’t talk to me like you are the smartest. I have found out your secret” Code Number 61 smirked

Chen narrowed his eyes and got right away what 61 means by secret “Don’t you dare to tell any-“

“I just told this guy here” Code Number 61 pointed to Xiumin which now is looking at Chen in tears on eyes

“Don’t give me that look!” Chen protested but he could feel heat on his cheeks

            Damn, that human feeling.

            Chen protested in his mind.

“If you told me sooner, I wouldn’t be here. I am glad that- that you are fine. I am sorry for leaving you” Xiumin said while Chen’s eyes are stuck on his foot

            As if it is the most interesting stuff in the world.

            Code Number 61 scoffed at the thought.

“So-“ Chen started “How are you?”

“Fine, I guess” Xiumin smiled “How is yours?”

“01 gave me some troubles but not like I couldn’t handle it. Where do you live?”

Xuimin smiled apologetically “I am sorry I can’t tell you yet”

            Code Number 61 swore that he saw Chen blushed. He mouthed ‘what the hell’, as he leaves them alone. He rolled his eyes and came inside. He is invisible by those lovebirds anyway.

            When he is inside, he didn’t surprise to see a man is dying. He has a red hair, Suho is the name. Code Number 61 looked at him in pity. If only Code Number 10 did his job properly, that man wouldn’t end up here again.

            Speaking of the devil-

            It seems like not everyone is here. He scanned the room as he dropped his to one of the blocks in the dark, abandoned building. Just like four years ago, minus some of interesting faces.

            It is cut to half of them.

            Code Number 01 stood in the center with his victim tied on the ground. Code Number 12 smirked at the scene, his eyes widened in excitement that Code Number 61 found gross. Beside him is Code Number 88 who didn’t even pay attention to anyone except Code Number 12. That guy seems so clueless and naïve.

            Code Number 94 is also there, not even interested to anyone or event is going in front of him. His eyes are focused on the bow and his hand is playing with the arrows. Just when Code Number 99 and Code Number 21 come together, he lifted his head to look at Code Number 99 but no words coming out.

            Code Number 61 snorted at how Code Number 01 treated Suho. That is not how human is treated. But who is he talking about? It is Code Number 01. Code Number 68 bumped on him purposely and brought a bucket of cold water to be poured on Suho. Thus the latter id forced to open his eyes and look at Code Number 01’s eyes.

            At this point, Code Number 61 is so sure that Code Number 01, Code Number 12, and Code Number 68 can make a trio of group called Nuts.

            He didn’t know why he smirked though, but he did. Looking at them like stupid fools who acted with their wild instinct. They protested about not being human when they act so inhumanly.

“Is there anything funny?” Code Number 68 glared at Code Number 61 who shrugged his shoulders

“I don’t know. Perhaps it is because you look like a panda? Aw, what a cutie panda doing here?” Code Number 61 mocked him

Code Number 01 rolled his eyes when he knows what will happen next. Code Number 68 will rush to Code Number 61 and they both started the fight which lead on Code Number 68’s defeated. Code Number 68 just never learned from his experience.

            So that is why Code Number ignored Suho for a moment and hold Code Number 68 not to do anything stupid.

“This is not the reason why we are gathered” Code Number 01 hissed as Code Number 68 has no choice but hold on “Great, now. Everyone listen. As you can see, here is Suho- the reason why we are here”

***

Jongdae makes sure that he didn’t get caught. He told his driver to wait for him on the road. Just to be sure that he has back up plan in case if he needs one. He thinks about asking the driver to leave the car with him, but now he had no idea where he is, it is better to ask a company, right?

“Sir, you sure you want to go inside?” his driver asked

Jongdae nodded “How many times I have told you not to call me sir. It makes me look older than you. And yes, I want to go inside”

“B-but the building seems scary. You might even meet th-the ghost there”

“Yah, Lee Kwangsoo, that is okay. I will be fine. Just wait for me here, okay? I might need your help later. But-“

“But?”

“But if something really dangerous come to you, just leave me and save your life. Promise me”

“That sounds so dangerous there. I think it is best not to come-“

Jongdae rolled his eyes “Promise me?”

“But, sir-“

“I will take is as a yes. See you later”

            Then, Jongdae left him. He followed his tracker he put on Chen’s car. It leads to the wild bushes where he found his car is parked. He put his hand on the hood and feels the warm.

            He is just ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter