Act Two

Behind the Exodeux
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Act Two

            The house is dark, obviously. Looking from the outside, the mansion seems empty, with all the spider webs and rotten woods. Even their neighbors would think that they are not home often. But four people actually live there. Two inside the mansion, are never allowed to go out except some exceptional event like yesterday night, when the other two are constantly out to check the situation.

By the lights that hasn’t fill any room, except the one that is covered by the fern green curtain. A man is busy keeping his car hidden with the black linen covered all the body. It is not like someone would recognize the car in the suburb, the most uncivilized area in the Town. However, they couldn’t risk anything.

            Then he took his groceries, opened the door with his leg and locked it right away with his back. Walking through the darkness into the Kitchen, where the fern green curtain could be seen outside, and the two are waiting in the room. He smiled, is something that made either Kris or Baekhyun thought that is a bad sign.

“Did I miss something?” Baekhyun blinked his eyes as he elbowed Kris and whispered “Did we miss something?”

Kris, the tallest and sadly the dumbest in the group according to them, shrugged his shoulder “You meet someone in the grocery?”

At that, the man shook his head, called them to help him as he whistled happily “I have good news you all. It makes me so happy”

Delighted, Kris laughed and patted Kyungsoo’s shoulder “I like good news, what is it?”

“You found that man?” Baekhyun added, playing with his eyes

            Kyungsoo came with a knife on his hand which make both of them took a step backward together. The sharp, big knife seems dangerous. But the scariest one is the smile on Kyungsoo’s face.

“Y-you sure you are in happy mood, right?” Baekhyun ensured

At the question asked, Kyungsoo nodded “Yes, I am sure. Where is Suho hyung? I can’t wait to tell you guys. I am so- excited”

           If only their cold, stolid driver didn’t smile, really, it would be good news for them too. So Kris, as the oldest, cleared his throat and pulled the chair next to the Kitchen tables. Baekhyun did the same, is decided to pulled his chair far enough from Kyungsoo’s reach area.

“Can’t you tell us now what the good news is?” Kris asked, waiting for Kyungsoo’s reaction

“I don’t like to talk twice” Kyungsoo said firmly and lifted his knife upside, smiled at them “But I think today is exception-“

            It is not smile for them, but more like an evil grinning coming from the other.

“The thing is-“ he took out the frozen meat and washed the blood out from it “-remember Jongdae, the coward boy who came with us and now is becoming a young and promising Detective?” Kyungsoo put the meat on the cutting board and took his knife, ready to cut but decided to talk to them first with a toothy smile on his face “He realized that another me is doing a bad thing” he cut the meat right away, without a doubt and laughed loudly “Oh, you don’t know how I found it is funny. We passed their car this morning and they thought it is his car. He is not ready to clean himself and Jongdae found it- now the chance of Code Number 12 is caught is near to one hundred percent thus I- am so happy” he cut the meat into pieces without he realized as he said “-am delightful. Let him took the jail and we celebrate it! No more Officer Do Kyungsoo. Importantly, no more Code Number 12!”

            Both Kris and Baekhyun stared at each other. Now Kris has taken Baekhyun’s idea to sit a further away from Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo with knife is never been a good pair. They better save their life for goodness.

And there is a voice comes to safe them “I am home” Suho is coming with dirt on his shoes and shirt

            The red hair guy soon took off his shirt and sat on the wooden chair where Kris and Baekhyun pulled the chairs from. He is so tired that he could sleep immediately, but there is no way he would do that. Kyungsoo wouldn’t allow someone in the house to skip the meal. Ever since they decided to live together, Kyungsoo would always in the charge of being a mother figure when Suho went out to earn all the money they need.

            -because neither Kris nor Baekhyun could go out.

“You shouldn’t do all the jobs” Kris said, started to feel bad to him

           Baekhyun, in the other hand, has already massage Suho’s shoulders, hoping all the tiredness would go away.

Suho thanked him, and realizing the atmosphere, he asked “Is it weird to ask why he is smiling?”

“No, it is not. But better wait till he finished with the meat” Baekhyun suggested

Kyungsoo has already seasoning the meat and by now is taking the onion on the clean cutting board “I am not that scary if I am smiling. What is happened with you guys? The other me is smiling stupidly daily while he is killing people at night. He is the scary one”

Kris couldn’t help not to whisper “No wonder that both of them are lunatics”

At that, Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulder and chopped the onion with creepy smile on his face and explained “Anyway” he wiped out all the onion and now taking the capsicum with him, slices them into pieces while is looking at Suho “A smart guy has decided to make an appearance. Finally!” he did the last cut with a loud sound “Someone within us has a brain!”

“Wait, you mean that we are just a bunch of fool?” Kris widened his eyes

Baekhyun gasped “How could you?” he covered his mouth with his hand dramatically “After all this time we have bullied Kris for being a dumb and now you put me on the same boat with him?”

He got a hit from Kris immediately “Yah! I am still older than you, show some respect!”

Baekhyun just stick out his tongue, knowing that he has Suho to protect him.

Suho hold his laughter, having them here is better than living alone when all he has got after work is only tiredness, at least now he has them “Stop it guys. So, what is about the smart guy?”

            And Kyungsoo delightfully repeated what he said to Kris and Baekhyun before. Now with less scary move because he has just finished the preparation and jut put everything in the boiling water. Suho nodded in understand, knowing fully why Kyungsoo is so excited to put Code Number 12 to the jail.

“They kill people! Enough reason why we should put them in the jail!” Kyungsoo reasoned and waited for them to make the table

Kris rolled his eyes and protested “-but don’t you think that if Code Number 12 is in the jail then you couldn’t go out anymore?”

“Welcome to the team then” Baekhyun added with no spirit at all

Suho tried to lighten the mood and joked around “I never thought about it, really. Seems like I am really stupid”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes “We are not stupid.  Because of them, we are force not to go out since kids. They took our identities, are living our life. How could we learn all the things when we couldn’t even go out?” he too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter