Act Nine

Behind the Exodeux
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Act Nine

How the table is turned four years ago are in fact a starting line for them. Some of them have been questioning themselves since the project tested twelve years ago. But truth to be told, everything has started decades before they are even born.

Exodeux is the top confidential project ran by the R organization, stands for Rogue. The EXO- in the project stands for their first research about the outer space mineral comes from Planet L-1485 known as one of the nearest extrasolar planets, which is where the name is taken. –deux, simply stands for its meaning two, or simply put, the second research after the EXO-.

The first research is actually known as the foundation of the theory. All researchers who are involved in the project needs to find the abnormality works in the outer space mineral, which transmitted unexplainable energy to those who near. It started long time ago, when one of the questionable minerals founded in the deepest cave in the wild woods. One after one started to appear, but none is strong enough except twelve particular minerals which pass on a great energy thus even a human, couldn’t handle.

That is, when everything started to be a mess.

Beast, water, light, telekinetic, healing, strength, thunder, fire, speed, teleportation, wind, frost, all are the main powers those being tested by the researchers. To be injected to those pregnant ladies, volunteer or not, is unknown even to the government. Therefore, they are listed as the illegal organization later on since their second project got caught twelve years ago.

But the project has been unexpectedly a big success. Twelve boys are born with unexplainable power in them. The project is hidden from the public. None is known with the knowledge, except those who requested with such as an unforgiveable sin.

They grow under the close surveillance. Either are being spied or monitored closely, they live without knowing anything. Until the organization was forcibly terminated by the government, everything is too late.

The second project has finished. The clones have made. Two groups of men with unexplainable power were living in the town, mixed with the people around.

***

“Missing me?”

            That is the next afternoon when Baekhyun gasped by the sudden appearance of a man with scarf around his neck. His pink hair is hidden perfectly by the white beanie which actually didn’t go well with his character. Although he appeared unusually casual with the bright colored hoodie and sport pants. But still, those scars are still there, the cuts and the injuries, which never leave the face because that is what it failed him.

“You wish” Baekhyun hissed as he left the room as soon as the other are coming

            The boy didn’t waste even a second to be in the same room with them, but they all understood. They, the clones, are once ordered to kill all Baekhyun’s relatives. Put the boy in the blame while taking his identity and being a serial killer.

Xiumin is the only one who didn’t like this, has been thinking that all of them could live together just like him and his muse, the man only sighed and asked his dear Chen to help him to walk “Don’t be too rush. He has all the right to hate us”

            The man just cured from the lethal poison shot by their ex-comrade, Code Number 94. Therefore he is soon rushed to Code Number 10, the one and only healer who has the cure. And after being teleported by Kai nicely, one of they-should-be-enemy turned to be friend, they visited them again.

            It is not planned, but Chen knows very well when they will end up after the battle. He got the brain to think the next plan. Let’s say the only available hiding place is Jongdae’s house, by it means, is his muse. It is not that difficult to find them, after a little disguise, all of them gathered in the house, of course, without them knowing.

Code Number 61 chuckled, shrugged his shoulder before dropping his to the nearest cushion in the room “Nice house though. I didn’t know that you are such a rich kid” he looked at Jongdae who just stood there, is dumbfounded by their arrival

            Well, he didn’t expect his house to have so many guests. After they found Suho and Kris, he indeed offered his house to have a rest. It is simply because their old house is not save anymore. Not after Suho is kidnapped in front of their faces.

            The person in question has been resting in one of his vacant rooms, currently weak and restless, is probably Baekhyun heads to. There is a lot in Kim Mansion, considering he is a rich live by his own. But that is now what bothers Jongdae the most.

           In just a month, Jongdae got everything messed up. He didn’t know, or better to be put he didn’t remember, that he is one of the boys have been missing twelve years ago. Thus he is actually involved in the case years ago. Not to mention that the case is related with X-Murder Case. It is the famous cold case which is investigated by his senior and is brought up to him temporarily from Head Police Kim which turned out not to be that innocent as well.

            Head Police Kim is Suho’s clone, which is according to Kyungsoo, is a bad guy along with Officer Do who goes by the same name with his true self, Do Kyungsoo.

            At this point, he might think that he just hallucinate everything.

“Tell me again then, if both sides are the victims, why we hate each other?” Jongdae asked slowly to Chen, then back to Kyungsoo which just threw daggers to the clones

“I have told you that we definitely won’t make peace with them. They steal our identity, impersonate us, and moreover, killed Baekhyun’s relatives” Kyungsoo lowered down the last reason as he didn’t want Baekhyun to hear it in the other room “Isn’t it enough reason to hate them?”

Jongdae looked at Code Number 61 who shrugged his shoulder once again while trying to eat the apple in the basket “There is must be reason, why, isn’t it?”

Xiumin slapped his hand and asked the other to behave as he explained “We are not given a choice back then. We are not you, being taught what is right or not. We are just clone, remember?”

But then Kyungsoo hissed “Isn’t it a common sense to know that killing isn’t a good thing?”

Chen rolled his eyes, as if he is tired to repeat this all over again “Try to live with people who taught you only to fight. Bet that you are just as same as Code Number 12. In case you don’t know, it is your clone” he snorted

Kyungsoo gasped in anger “Don’t remind me to that filthy guy who stole my identity and took everything from me”

Chen scoffed, leaned towards Code Number 61 closely as he whispered only to him “We are actually in the same side to hate that man”

Code Number 61 laughed, so lowly that he didn’t intend to insult Kyungsoo. But the damage has been done. The fact that they are just a mere clone who does nothing but killing has irked Kyungsoo to the point that he won’t forgive them.

Jongdae took out a deep breath, looked at Xiumin who shares the same worries as the thought suddenly come to his mind “How about Code Number 10? He didn’t come with you all?”

At that, Code Number 61 managed to have a really loud laugh “What are you, an angel thrown to the earth, really? Do you think it is easy to make us up altogether? Code Number 10 hates you all to the bones. You can ask your guardian why, he is the last person Code Number 10 saw before he left us”

            By the term your guardian, Jongdae knows they refer to Suho.

“Okay then” Jongdae mumbled to himself then said to Xiumin shyly “At least you are okay now. Lessen the damage- so if you don’t mind. Have one of you eaten yet?”

            Kai is the first person who seems happy with the invitation, who soon urges Jongdae to give him food soon. Kyungsoo scoffed in disbelief, saying that he didn’t intend to sit on the same table with them and something like he has no appetite after meeting the traitor, which he glanced at Kai, who seems oblivious with everything. Jongdae looked at the clones for the answer. However Xiumin gave him a faint smile while Code Number 61 pretended not to hear any invitation.

Chen does approach him and whisper “Really? Do you offer your blood to me? ‘cause, well, the only proper meal for us is your blood up on the plate-“

            Kai rolled his eyes, pulled Jongdae on the shoulder and left the room right away.

***

Suho opened his eyes slowly. He feels weird. His muscles numb, his body is so tired, yet it feels so clean and comfortable. He scratched the last thought though after he tried to wake up. The pain comes straight away to him and he groaned painfully.

            He initially wants to ask Baekhyun or Kyungsoo to close the curtain, the sun peeped from the window is too brightening. But instead of finding himself in his room, he found out that he is staying in someone’s room. Certainly not in his house, because there is no way the room is this luxurious. No wonder he feels comfortable as he recognized the softest bed he has ever been.

            He is not alone.

Just behind the window, he could see a tall silhouette. Suho is not stupid, nor slow. The moment he recognized Kris, which head is bandaged, the memories of the night hit him. A hand gun has placed carefully on the table. It strengthened his assumption as he began the conversation. But someone barged into the room and he stop mid away.

“That assh- he thinks that he is almighty just because he save me one-“ Baekhyun mumbled under his breath, didn’t expect Suho and Kris to look at him “Oh, you wake up” he said half-shy, half-surprised

“Where are we?” Kris is the one who asked

“Jongdae’s house” Baekhyun answered “You remember that smart detective Kyungsoo has been talking about? Well, apparently he is there and long story short, he offered his house for us to live-“

            Then Baekhyun began to explain everything, started from where Suho disappeared to where they found both of them on the attic. He tried to tell everything in detail after making sure that both Suho and Kris are healthy enough. Though he tried to skip the detail about how Code Number 61 saves him and Jongdae asked them to save Code Number 99. He, in the end, couldn’t skip the detail how all of them gathered in the same house, just in different room.

“It is must be a luck” Suho glanced at Kris with a faint smile after Baekhyun asked them about the gunshot that they missed “You never touch the gun before, don’t you? Or is there something you want to talk to us?”

Kris seems frightened by Suho’s stare but he managed to skip it “Yeah, I- I never touch the gun before”

“Wow, that is a skill hyung” Baekhyun proud “Didn’t know that you have that in yours!”

Suho rested his back on the pillow as he said ambiguously “Kris is the last person join us, who knows”

            But then, not long after, Kyungsoo has come to the bedroom. Looking all mad and furious, Baekhyun couldn’t help not to feel bad to the younger. Anyway, he is the one who left the man alone.

“I hate them. All of them. That stupid detective counts!” he shouted angrily “I mean, how can he? Offering them a meal like old friends, seriously?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, already sided Kyungsoo from different reason. Baekhyun clearly hates that room because of the clones, while Kyungsoo who might think they are acceptable but not for Jongin. Hoever the latter played a big issue, do he couldn’t skip the part though.

“Jongdae probably didn’t know what he is offering” Suho mumbled

Then Baekhyun continued “Don’t you think it is weird to find out that Jongin knows where Code Number 10 is?” he then added “The last time we checked, Code Number 10 really hates us”

“That man hides something. I know it. I can smell it from here” Kyungsoo whispered his hate

“Or maybe, he knows something better than us” Suho stated, glancing to Kris who didn’t speak another words after his defense “-but deciding tell us is not something important so he keeps it for himself” Suho then sighed “But Jongdae has the point. It is already late and I am kind of hungry. Do you think it is okay to ask him for food?” he looked at both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo which are blushing shyly after their stomach growling

“He is a good guy. I am going to ask him, perhaps he doesn’t mind”

            As Baekhyun offered himself, Kyungsoo followed behind. Kyungsoo knows if Baekhyun by any chance meets Code Number 61 alone, they will start the fight. It is better to get ready than say sorry later.

Then after they left Kris and Suho alone in the room, Suho called the older “The clones can come here as witnesses, but I know how good Code Number 00 with guns” he then glared at the man “Kris, you actually are not that innocent, are you?”

***

            Months have passed and they are still there. Jongdae said something like recovering for Suho and Kris, when actually he asked Xiumin whether their old house is still save to be lived or not. The guy certainly didn’t like the idea.

“Listen, you didn’t know how lunatic Code Number 01 and Code Number 12 can be. They already know where Suho, Kris, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo live, it won’t end before they could kill them all. It is better to hide them all here”

This gets a scowling from Jongdae though “But I know both of them. They are a bit odd but seems fine to me. I mean, Head Police Kim and Officer Do both are working together with me-“

“-in disguise” Code Number 61 chuckled “You actually are watched. In case you misbehaved then they can eliminate you easily. That is how lunatic they are”

Jongdae closed his gasped mouth when Chen nodded “Thus why we refuse your invitation to live together. I mean, we literally betray them. Once they know that you are closed with us-“

“You are done with it” Code Number 61 pointed out “The same reason why we asked you to hide them all”

“They won’t notice you as a threat because you are acting innocent as usual” Xiumin concluded then glanced to Code Number 61 and Chen “Actually, both of you needed makeover”

Code Number 61 frowned “Don’t give me that casual look ever again. Didn’t you see the hateful gaze Baekhyun gave me that day? Ugh, I don’t really want to be remembered about my baby’s opinion. I mean, Code Number 04. Don’t misunderstand me, okay? They share the same face and confuse my poor heart”

Chen rolled his eyes but elbowed Xiumin “Anything you want, I will do it” he said with a flirty wink

            Jongdae left the room. He knocked on Suho’s room, who officially become Suho, Kris, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo’s base for the time they live there. It became like this for the past weeks. They won’t talk with each other and Jongdae is nice enough to become their phone to communicate.

“I hate to say this, but they had the point” Kyungsoo couldn’t believe that he just agreed with the clones “I mean, look at the brighter side. Jongdae can actually become our spy, if he wants to-“ he pressed the last sentence while rolling his eyes to Suho, knowing the other would think that he is too arrogant to ask too much from Jongdae

Suho nodded “We are bothering you for a while then, is that okay with you?”

“Well, finally someone asked my opinion” Jongdae teased but added immediately “Of course I won’t mind about that. Don’t get me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter