Chapter 9

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum sat in his car. He had parked it in the parking lot of Dune’s apartment. He sighed, struggling with himself. He knew that it would be best to stay away from her. She was better off without him in her life. He knew it for a fact. With the work he does, he knows he will never be able to rest easy knowing there will always be a target on her back. Being alone was something that Jaebum had made peace with a long time ago, but he didn’t expect this, he didn’t expect her to come into his life the way she did. He wanted nothing more than to have her by his side. He wanted to apologize at the very least. He wanted to tell the truth, she wasn’t just business. She made him feel human again, that he was someone, not the leader of gang. The truth is he wanted to tell her the words he couldn’t say earlier today. He opened the door having found the resolution he needed. He slipped in the doors with another visitor and headed up to her apartment. He rang the bell several times but there was no reply. He tried the door and was surprised that is opened, but the apartment was completely empty. He reached for the light switch, but there was just an empty click and he remained in darkness. JB narrowed his eyes and rushed to look at the power box. He swore under his breath; it had clearly been tampered with and saw a familiar looking phone kicked into a corner. He reached for his phone, phoning the person he didn’t want to.

“Hello?” Sehun answered.

“Someone took her.”

“On my way.”

JB watched as Sehun paces in lounge.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Jinyoung asked JB. “He might be suspended but he is still Special Forces.”

“I don’t care I just need her to be safe.”

“Do you think it is someone on your side or mine?” JB asked Sehun.

“There is constant threat on her head. But nothing new on our side.”

“Think harder, pretty boy” JB growled

“If she didn’t get involved with you, do you think she would be in this position? Gangs play dirty.”

JB scoffs “Don’t think so highly of youself. After all, police are just gangsters with a license.”

Youngjae interrupts the moment. “Found her.” he says turning the computer to the rest.

“Kang.” Jaebum says.

He was the man that they dealt with just a while ago. He owned and illegal club that was linked with abuse of the dancers that worked there. 7X7 closed the club and taught him a lesson. Clearly he needed a refresher course.

“Let’s go.” JB says

“We need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter