Chapter 3

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dune glanced over at JB, who sat on her couch. His focused eyes searching the words of the endless file and adding things here and there. Dune nibbled on her lip, she had so many questions.

“Just ask.”

“Why these cases? Why me? It just doesn’t make any sense.”

“Why these cases, well it’s important to me for these people to get the correct justice. I need it to be solved. It gone cold for too long...” Jaebum seemed to have fallen into his own world for a few moments before he spoke again. “Why you? It just made sense.”

***

“Today’s topic of discussion, a crime is a crime, and need to be punished accordingly.” the lecturer stood in front of the class. Dune sits a little straighter in her seat; this was one of her favorite classes. Although this was part of the law program the lecturer often focused of the philosophy aspect of law.

The top student in the class raised his hand. “A crimes means that you did something that is not in line with the set of rules that was made to keep peace within the given community, so naturally it should be punished?”

Everyone nodded in agreement. “Someone who murders someone else needs to be punished, to suffer the consequences be it a life sentence or even a death sentence.” The top student smiled widely.

“I disagree.” Dune raised her hand ”a crime does means that you did something wrong, I agree with that part, but all crimes are not always are always the same degree wrong.”

“Are you saying that there are different levels of wrong and right?” the student scoffs.

“Imagine this scenario, a child who steals food because their brothers and sisters are starving at home. Did this child commit a cri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter