Chapter 6

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was relieved when Mark and Jinyoung came to pick JB up. They seemed ok. Dune noted that Mark had a cut on his cheek and Jinyoung had a bruised hand. She let them in and sat them down. She first handed Jinyoung so frozen peas for his hand, and she tended to marks cheek

Is everyone else ok? She asks Mark, dabbing his cheek with some disinfectant.

“Yeah, JB took the worse of it.” Mark looks at her, “You’re not scared?”

“Everyone in my family is in law enforcement.” She shrugs

Mark grins, “I’m glad JB has found someone like you.” Mark says, seriously, “JB’s a really good guy; all of us owe our lives to him. You know, JB is the best shooter out of us, but he’ll never shoots unless he has to.”

A few days later, Dune had just gotten home from her classes. She was ready to call it a day she just wanted to take a nap or at least just relax. Her classes were getting more intense and she needed to focus in order to keep up, but right now she was simply too tired. There was a knock on the door, she wasn’t expecting anyone, so she got up to check although it was probably, JB and the rest, although they usually just come in (she later found out that they just use her spare key which she thought she hid quite well, but apparently not.) So when she pulled open the door to see Sehun’s face, she was ready to just close it again. She was still angry about the whole tracker thing. “Dune.” He said softly, his face apologetic as he caught the door.

“Just hear me out.”

“I am still angry; I’m not going to forgive you guys just yet.”

“Ok. Just listen then.”

Dune left the door, “Fine.”

Dune goes to sit down in her usual spot and pull up her blanket around her. Sehun sits down next to her.

“You know Chanyeol only put the tracker on because he was worried.”

“I know…”

“And he was worried for a good reason.”

Dune doesn’t answer but she knew he had a point.

“He’s always worrying about you; he just cares a lot, like you have no idea, the very first time

I met him. He would not shut up about how smart and brilliant you are, but most importantly how cute you were. He cares a lot, and I do too.”

Dune looks up at his words, but he was looking off, deep in thought, she wondered if he realized what he had just admitted. Sehun had never expressed anything other than usual kind of cold demeanor.

“We just want you safe.”

Dune nodded and Sehun smiled at her.

“Now can you do me a favour and still giving Chanyeol the silent treatment? I don’t think I can take another day of his moping around.”

Dune laughed, knowing that was exactly what he would be doing. “Fine.”

“And one last thing. I think it would be a good idea to tell him about what you’re doing.”

Chanyeol let out a deep sigh. It has been 302 400 seconds since his sister had stopped talking to him. Ok, he knows he shouldn’t have put a tracker on without her permission but to be fair he only gets alert when there is unusual behavior. He was still deep in thought when the bell rang. He groaned as he got off the couch and slipped on some slippers and sluggishly opened the door.
“DUNE!” He yelled excitedly. Dune could have sworn that if Chanyeol had a tail it would be wagging. He let her in and she turned around to face him as he closed the door.

“I’m going to speak first,” She announced. “What you guys did is still unforgiveable, and against the law.”

Chanyeol nodded solemnly as she continued. “But I have no choice but to forgive you because you are my brother.” Chanyeol grinned and crushed her in a hug. Put Dune gently pushed him away. “I’m not done yet.”

“If I ever find out that you have pulled anything like this again. I will disown you. And also I am helping 7X7 with some cases.”

Dune watched as Chanyeol went through the 7 stages of anger right before her eyes in the matter of seconds. But Chanyeol took a deep breath, not wanting his sister to ignore h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter