Chapter 4

Protect Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They soon had an arrangement going; Dune would look over the case file filtering through the entries. Every once in a while Jaebum would drop by the apartment unannounced. But, Dune could always figure out by the black Mercedes A class that was parked a block away. Today was one of those days; she noted spotting the vehicle parked about a block away.

She stopped by the corner store to some snacks and a black coffee for Jinyoung. As she was walking she saw a figure that made her stop. Sehun was leaning against his car, clearly waiting for her. She swore under her breath but put smiles on her face. “Sehun!” She called out, trying very hard to act natural. “What brings you here?”

Sehun Shrugs, “Chanyeol told me to check up on you.”

Dune smiled, “You don’t need to do that! I’m fine!” She says twirling around hoping to convince him to leave.

“I can see that.” Sehun said with a smile, “I’ll just do quick canvas, and I’ll be one my way.” Dune smiled again, “well then I’ll be on my way…” Dune smiles as she heads up the stairs to her apartment. “I’ll go after I check your apartment.” Sehun says on second thought.

“”Oh you really don’t need to do that.”

“It’s no trouble.”

She paused by her door. She has now resolved to praying that she had seen wrong and that they weren’t inside.
“You really don’t need to.” She stressed one last time, trying to delay putting her key in the lock, But Sehun’s demeanor changed, He pushed the key in and turned the lock and pushed past Dune. It doesn’t even him a second for him to draw a weapon that Dune did not even know he had.

“Im Jaebum, Park Jinyoung, Mark Tuan. You are under arrest for breaking and entering-”

Dune stepped in front of the gun. “Sehun put that gun down.” Sehun’s faces flits with confusion but is then masked again with his usual expression. “Dune, I’m going to ask you very nicely to get out of my way.”

“And I’m going to ask you very nicely to put your gun away in my freaking apartment.” She saw as she takes the opportunity to grab the gun and disarm Sehun before he had any idea what she was planning. Dune sighed. “You never listen to me do you?”

Sehun swore, “For God’s sake Dune. Do you know how dangerous that was?” He said as he rotated his shoulder.

Dune just shrugged, “I knew you weren’t going to do anything to me."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter