☆ sweet librarian ☆

ᴀɪsʟɪɴɢ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ : ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs ||〖 chapter seven! 〗(HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
welcome, name! < you've chosen, The Sweet Librarian. Continue?>
➤yes
 no    

It was just another usual day at the library for the school's librarian. Arranging books on the shelves, helping other students pick out books as well as making sure the library was free from any Rose Club meetings - there wasn't anything unusual despite the 'leader' of the Rose Club being absent for the past few days.

He's making his usual rounds at the tables, picking up some books that were left behind and finding where they should be properly placed. Until there's a light tap on his shoulder and he spins around to greet whoever it was that nearly startled him during these quiet hours.

"Forgive me for the interruption," she looks around for a moment, relieved to see only a few students were around due to how late it was getting. "But I'm here to look for a... Milo? If that name rings any bell to you."

There's a polite smile on his face as he continues walking to the nearby shelf, placing the books in their rightful order. "That would be me, I'm Milo. Do I happen to know you?" He's seen faces of the students at Aisling Academy and he was quite good at recognizing faces - this one just didn't seem to bring any names to mind.

"I'm Lady Roseline's maid, Josette Lafitte," she introduces herself, "She sent me here to pick out a few books and mentioned that you would be the perfect person to ask for." She digs through her pocket until her hand comes out with a neatly folded piece of paper, handing it to him.

"Oh," he sounds shocked to hear that Lady Roseline was even interested in books - of all the times he's seen her around the school grounds, never once had he seen her step into the library to look for books... Or stepped into the library at all as a matter of fact. Though hesitant, he unfolds the piece of paper to find Lady Roseline's handwriting.

 

To Milo, Librarian of Aisling Academy

As of currently, I have little to no activity as my health recovers. It would be a great pleasure if you were to recommend some books for me to read as I've heard that you're knowledgable in recommending books for others. Any book is fine as I trust in your judgment and expertise. If you find the time to do so, please feel free to come by to my room at school appropriate hours.

X Best wishes, Lady Roseline Fleur

Ps: simply show this stamp (X) to the guards to pass 

[ i can't put in cursive font here but just imagine it's in this pretty effortless cursive handwriting ]

 

He reads over the note a couple more times, finding it hard to believe that Roseline wrote it herself. He opens his mouth to ask but Josette beats him to it, "Yes, I watched Lady Roseline write this note. It is indeed her handwriting and her own words. She was quite worried while she was writing this but I believe she managed to get her point across."

"I see..." Milo turns to look back at the note, letting a sigh before he nods his head. "Tell Lady Roseline that I'll think about it," he smiles at Josette and resumes back to his duties when the maid expresses her thanks, excusing herself. When she's out of the librarian does Milo pull out the note again, reading it again as he moves on to another shelf - wondering what he should do with Roseline's sudden request.

In her letter, she sounded to be composed and was actually giving him the option of either agreeing or disagreeing to her request when in reality, she would demand everything upfront. 

 

 

"Oh, you actually came," Josette's clearly startled as she sees the man she had talked to just a few hours ago standing in front of her - a few books in his arms as he greets her with a smile. She extends her arms to take the books from his hold but he shakes his head.

"I'd like to pass them to Lady Roseline herself if that's acceptable."

The maid retracts her arms back and shows him inside, "Of course. She's up at the moment, I think she was expecting you to come. Would you like a drink while you're here?'

"It's alright, thank you," he answers while his eyes look around the interior of the dorm that housed only one student - it was bigger than the dorms that housed 2 students. Perhaps it could even fit up to 10 people at one time, the place looked big enough to hold a small tea gathering. He's not too surprised over the difference in size, only the best for the future Queen after all - he nearly snorts at his own thoughts just as Josette opens the doors to Roseline's room.

On the bed sat Roseline, wearing her reading glasses as she held a book in her hands and he noticed the other books stacked on the night table as well. Her attention from reading is interrupted as she turns her head to see Milo, placing her book down as she gestures him to sit down on the chair near her bed.

"I thought you would come by."  

 He m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter