☆ royal clown ☆

ᴀɪsʟɪɴɢ ᴀᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍʏ : ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs ||〖 chapter seven! 〗(HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
welcome, name! < you've chosen, The Royal Clown. Continue?>
➤yes
 no    

The pink hair and burgundy colored dress made her stood out like a sore thumb so it wasn't hard for Meredith to find her once classes were over for the day. She stands in front of the doors with the dire wolf, waiting for the girl to appear and quickly calls out to her.

"Princess Alexandra-"

"Jesus Christ!" The girl nearly dropped her books at the sudden voice and her sudden loud exclamation even made other students' jump in shock. She places a hand over her heart and lets out a sigh of relief when she sees it's Dame Meredith, "Again, it's just 'Alex'. No need for the whole Princess sminchess titles. Just Alex as in A-L-E-X. Let me just spell it out for you again-"

Meredith looks around and goes quiet just until the last of the students leave the classroom. "Of course, Princess Alex," she says as Alex nods her head up and down, approving of the shorter version of her already long tiring name.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be - I don't know - protecting Alaric?" Alex looks around, craning her neck to see if that cousin of hers was hiding anywhere to jump her. And it was unlike of the crown's personal bodyguard to be anywhere not near Alaric.

"For today, and today only, I'll be escorting you to Lady Roseline's room for your visit. Orders under your parents and the King and Queen," Meredith reminds her and she lets out a groan as she starts walking towards the girls' dormitory.

Alex runs a hair through her fingers, "That was today! I completely forgot about it - thank you so much for reminding me, Meredith." She speaks with a sarcastic tone before she mutters low enough for Meredith to hear, "You could have just like lied and reported that I did went and see her without actually seeing her."

"Lying to the King and Queen would go against the Knights' Code. You know that, Princess Alex."

"Yeah and it that you're such a perfect bodyguard for Alaric," she jokes but Meredith doesn't respond to her playful antics - something both of them were used to by now. "So, soldier -" Alex can hear Meredith sigh at the sound of the nickname Alex uses for her but still, the princess continues, " - have you visited Roseline? Everyone's been talking about how Alaric was the first person to see her after the whole incident and since you're his guard..."

"Lady Roseline was in a stable condition, that's all I can say."

"You're really not any fun now, aren't you?"

"I'll take that as a compliment, Your Highness," as Alex turns to look at both the bodyguard and her dire wolf, not seeing any sense of emotion from either both of them. Though Alex was on comfortable terms with the guards to both of her cousins, Meredith was always much more on guard and alert and... emotionless. 

They come up to Roseline's room where Meredith knocks on the door before taking a step back, gesturing Alex to head inside first once the door's open for them. 

"Your Highness, Princess Alexandra and Dame Meredith," Roseline's personal maid bows at the sight of the two, the same small polite smile on her face as she greeted them. "It is a pleasure to be in the presence of both of you."

The smile on Alex's face brightens when she sees Josette, "It's good to see you as well, Josette. Roseline hasn't been working you too hard, has she?" The princess looks around the room, expecting to hear Roseline calling for Josette at any moment but instead she sees Josette's worried expression.

"No, Lady Roseline has been... kind as of lately," her tone was low, almost a whisper as if she too wasn't sure if what she was saying was true at all. "I'll get both of you some tea while you wait. Lady Roseline is still resting at the moment but please, make yourselves comfortable as you wait." Josette disappears into the small kitchen that only a few of the dorms at Aisling Academy had - mainly the ones that were inhabited by members of the royal family, which included their betrothed.

Alex snorts at the mention of both 'Roseline' and 'kind' in one sentence. "Never thought I'd hear those words in one sentence," she turns to Meredith and the dire wolf, "Hey, you said you visited Roseline. Didn't you notice anything weird? You could have warned me, y'know?"

"Apologies, Princess Alex-"

"For the last time, just Alex. A-L-E-X. Drop the 'princess'."

Still, Meredith continues on.

"Lady Roseline was resting, I had no way of knowing about any oddities during the prior visit," Meredith answers just as they heard a sudden noise coming from Roseline's room. The ears of the dire wolf perks up and moves quickly to head to the door, scratching at it as if it sensed something was wrong on the other side.

Meredith is the first one to regain her senses as sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter