IN TROUBLE 2

Be A Normal Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KIM MINJOO’s POV

Earlier that day at the Kim’s Residence..

Night time falls and dinner has already passed, I just woke up from my deep slumber. I tried sitting up but only it resulted to severe headache. I just remembered what a scandalous thing I have done earlier as the memories comes rushing in my head. I could feel my puffy eyes which the result of me crying hard for so long thus is making my vision a bit blurry.

I was about to stand up when I heard a knock on my door. When the door opened, the head maid peeked inside and asked, “Are you awake Ojou?”

I could only mum as I could feel that my throat has been dried up. Good thing they prepared me drinkable water. All I could say is that I really outdid my crying earlier. And it felt good.

 

“I will bring you some porridge, Ojou.” She was about to leave but suddenly, she peeked again and added something. “And your uncle is waiting outside. Should I call him in?”

I just gave her an okay sign.

 

As soon as he entered, he sat at the edge of the bed creating a distance between us.

It was really awkward seeing him all silent and that. I think he wants to say something to me but I beat him to it first. It was better this way anyway.

 

“Min–”

“I’m leaving tomorrow.”

 

He was definitely caught off-guard with my decision. Shocked but expected kind of look, that was what I was seeing in front of me right now. I could totally see that he wants to ask more but in the end, he didn’t.

 

 “Dad’s right. I shouldn’t be here yet. This is the least I can do for him.”

 

This is it. No backing out now.

 

“I trust you, Uncle. Please don’t break it. Please don’t betray my Dad and his hardworks.”

 

Uncle just nodded diligently and stood up from the bed and started walking for the door. I didn’t let him give him a chance to speak because I know where it will end anyway. And I’m glad that my uncle is not like other people.

Well, I hope not.

As he walked his way out, I could feel another presence coming inside the room. It was Nana, the head maid. That’s what I call her because I just find it pretty. She was all smile when she slowly approached my bed and placed the tray in my lap.

After that, what surprised me is that I thought that after placing it on my lap, she would leave immediately.

But I was wrong.

She sat at the bed and gave me an awkward look. What’s gotten into her?

 

 “So you’re leaving for tomorrow, little Ojou?”

Oh. Right. How could I not think of that.

“Yeah. Sorry for leaving again, Nana..”

I just looked down and felt guilty for doing it again. Despite the frequent interactions I have done with her in this house, she still calls me “little ojou”. That has been her pet name for me since I was a kid. It was a little annoying at first but in the end, I found it too cute. Strange isn’t it? No.

I felt a hand placed at the top of mine. I eyed Nana as she gave me the most loving and most caring eyes that anyone would want to have. Nana adopted the role of my mother and treated me as her own. She did all the things what normally a mother would do. She took care of me, she fed me, she bathe me, and all.

And is she even growing old? She looked like she haven’t aged at all!

 “Little Ojou, you have nothing to be sorry about.” She cupped my face. “Even I would want you to feel being normal again.”

I could only afford to smile at her. I felt the warm in it.

“Although, I can’t be so sure if you can avoid fighting,”

Pfft. I can’t help but just laugh at it.

It was true though. I can’t promise that I will be avoiding all the fighting but will try not to get involved in it. Anyway, let’s be a Good Samaritan for father.

 

There was a bit of a silence before one of us started talking when I suddenly felt a tight grip in my hands. Nana pursed her lips as she could only look what’s below her, “Promise me you’ll be safe out there, okay?”

“I will. I promise.”

I had to assure Nana that I will be okay. Even if I had to say it countless times, I would do so. I could only look at her side as she was trying so hard not to let a single tear fall from her eye. She was trying to hide it from me.

And I understand that.

I was startled when she suddenly stood from her place and said, “I will be preparing all the necessary things for you to bring tomorrow. Finish that food and leave it outside if you are done.”

After that, she left the room. I was left all alone again. Sigh..

I just ate the food that was prepared for me. It was porridge.

Thought it was not just some normal porridge. Nana did something in it to make it more delicious. Nana was always like this. When I’m feeling down, she would just knock on my door and bring me a special porridge that she herself patched up.

 Then it hit me.. I just realized that I will be going back. Back at the old apartment where I am staying at. I suddenly missed everything. My friends, my room, the manager, the kitchen, the ceiling with my painting on it, my bed, and everything!

 

But I miss Chae too. I miss her so much..

 

Even when I’m working, there are times when she would suddenly pop out of my mind. Ever since my phone got broken after that mini-brawl happened at my dad’s office, I never even thought of buying another one.

 How is she right now anyway? She would be really surprised if she were to see me come back at the apartment. Or maybe she will hate me for leaving like that suddenly..

Ugh.. Just the thought of it makes my intestine curl..

Maybe I just like her too much. Or maybe it’s more than like? I don’t know.. I’ve been having this feelings and I don’t know what to make of it.

ARGH! I DON’T KNOW! I’ll just sleep this and decide what it is tomorrow!

 

~*~

 

Great. Its morning and I couldn’t even sleep a wink. Does liking someone too much gets you to have sleepless nights? Is it like that?

Then it’s okay. HEHEHEH.

 

I heard a knock on my door and opened. It was Hangyul oppa.

“Ojou, everything has been prepared downstairs. Let us know if you will leave already.”

That’s nice, having someone to prepare for you. Can’t help it but think that I’m a lucky girl.

 “I’ll just take a shower and head off,” I said. “I have to go somewhere too.”

 

 

When I was finished taking a shower, I noticed that there was something on my bed. It seems like Nana even prepared everything on what I am about to wear. Jeans and a cropped top shirt with a frog printed on it, and a black jacket.

Typical Nana. Still treating me like a kid with this frog printed shirts.

Before going down, I took a one last turn at my room and took a last stroll in the house.

I never knew that this house I’m living in feels so empty. Ever since he was gone, it has been like this. I can only see the maids and the workers here at this house. Of course Hangyul-oppa is also here, and Nana, and my Uncle.

 

I’m gonna miss everything.

 

 

 

 

 

“Be careful on your way back kid.” – Hangyul

“Visit us sometimes too! And bring your friends!”-Nana

 

I turned back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter