FESTIVAL DAY 3

Be A Normal Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 18: FESTIVAL DAY 3

 

It’s the last day of the Christmas festival in ENOZI HIGH and the most anticipated event is already being carefully prepared.

The Christmas Pageant.

Although the event itself will be held in the evening, everyone was busy preparing for everything for it to be perfect later on in the event.

And right now, this afternoon, Hyewon is currently doing the final rehearsal with the other competitors. Since Minjoo isn’t doing anything, She volunteered to be her unnie’s personal attendant.

 

“Wooh..” Minjoo breathes, “They’re really pretty.”

 

As Minjoo’s attention is in the stage right in front of her, eyeing every contestants who walks in the long stage walk.

 

“I have to agree with that.”

Minjoo turns around to see who it was. It was Sakura. “You’re here. Where are the others?”

“They were busy. They’ll catch up later.” But it seems like Minjoo wasn’t satisfied by it. “Don’t worry. Yujin is with them.”

“I hope so..”

 

YESTERDAY AT SAKURA’S HOUSE

 

Minjoo can’t stop walking back and forth in Sakura’s house. She’s too distracted and she could feel her blood rising.

Sakura is getting dizzy just by looking at her acting like a paranoid person all of a sudden.

 

“Would you calm down and sit?” Sakura ordered. “We both knew that this would happen sooner or later.”

“And I didn’t expect it to happen this fast either!”

 

Every step she makes felt like she was carrying a heavy burden in her shoulder.

Which is actually true.

 

“Well,” Sakura started. “What now?”

“Let’s just be on guard.” Minjoo said. “We don’t know what those people will be doing.”

“Roger that.” Sakura was about to grab some drinks in the fridge when she suddenly stopped in her tracks and turned towards the girl. “By the way, Did you find out who sent you the black rose?”

Minjoo shook her head, “No luck. But I might know who it is.” Sakura gives her full attention towards the girl, “But it’s just a hunch. Nothing more than that.”

 

Sakura sighs in disappointment as she took a sip of her drink.

 

“So,

 

Who is it?”

 

It took seconds before Minjoo could form the words in

 

“It might be..”

 

 

 

“Minjoo!”

 

The girl mentioned snapped out of it when her name was suddenly called. She realized that she was all alone. Where the hell did Sakura go?

Just then, she received a message from the girl who just disappeared from her side, telling her that she will go with the girls later.

 

“Are you okay, Minjoo?”

She turned to see Hyewon’s face filled with worry. She smiled at her unnie and said, “I’m fine. Are you done already?”

“Yep. Just finished the final rehearsal and now we’re applying makeup and everything for later.” Hyewon offered the girl a hand. “Let’s go?”

“Eung!”

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

It was almost night time and the most anticipated event that everyone was waiting for has finally coming to light!

Chaewon and the other girls (except the two transferees) have finally arrived at ENOZI HIGH and head straight for the venue.

The music was escaping the venue and it could be heard from a distance.

When the girls entered the venue, they were greeted by the colorful lights, lots of them; flashing everywhere with different colors, the venue itself was really big and they couldn’t be more amazed by it.

 

“Oh? You’re here!” Yena greeted them and went to her hamster. “Sorry, I’ve been busy.”

Yuri smiled. “It’s okay. At least you did help.”

“Yah!”

 

Everyone laughed at them and only stopped when Yena showed them their seats.

Yena did a little bit of tweaking in order for them to take the front seats for a better view of the participants.

 

“Don’t tell anyone okay?” –Yena.

“Of course.” – Yujin.

“Good.” Then she faced the hamster once more. “Sorry I won’t be here watching with you.. I’m kinda needed back there.”

Yuri shook her head and held Yena’s hand. “Don’t worry, there are lots of girls who will be walking in front of us anyway.”

“You–!” 

She got cut off when Yuri suddenly swooped over to her and landed a kiss on her cheeks. “I was just kidding, love. Now go before you get scolded for being late.”

Yena who was looking gloomy, glowed brightly all of a sudden. She had the most satisfying look with a wide grin planted on her face. “I expect more of that later, Yuri-ah!” and went running off.

 

After their conversation ended, Yuri turned her attention towards the others who had the look of dissatisfaction.

 

“What?” Yuri’s oblivious asked.

 

Everyone just shrugged and minded their own business.

And minutes later, the venue was bustling with students and other people were occupying the back seats, emptying out everything.

And just in time, the event has already started.

 

The runway just started and Sakura’s attention turned towards Chaewon who stood up from her seat.

 

“Where are you going, Chaewon-ah?”

“Just going to the bathroom.”

“I’ll go with you.”

Chaewon shook her head. “It’s okay. I’ll manage.”

The girl was about to leave from her seat when her wrist was grabbed by Sakura and placed something in her hand. “Take this. Just in case.”

 

 

Chaewon’s brows creased. She looks so lost with what she was holding with her. Nevertheless, she just took it and putted it in her bag, and went outside the venue.

When she got outside, the comfort room was visible from a far and she went straight for it. But before she could get inside, she felt like she saw a familiar figure walking in the crowd, carrying a bag with her.

 

‘Nako?’

 

She rubbed her eyes and scanned the area once more. The familiar figure was gone.

 

“I thought I saw her..”

 

Chaewon shrugged it off and went inside the comfort room.

Chaewon entered one empty cubicle from the farthest corner and released what she was holding in for a long time.

As she finished relieving herself, she heard the door opened. Someone entered the room. Chaewon didn’t mind it because she thought that the person who just entered the room was minding her own business.

But suddenly, she saw a shadow behind the door of her cubicle.

 

“Excuse me but someone is here. Please use the other rooms.”

 

But the shadow was not moving away anytime sooner.

Just in time, she was already finished and opened the door to her cubicle.

The shadow was gone. So was the person.

Chaewon felt a sudden chill rushing in her spine. What the hell was that?

She hurriedly fix herself properly and was about to reach for door, when suddenly she felt a pang of pain in her neck.

 

She dropped on the floor and lost consciousness.

 

~*~

 

 

“Wah~ Unnie you’re beauty leveled up when you’re on stage!” – Minjoo.

 

As of now, Minjoo assisting Hyewon for the next segment of the show, which is the casual segment, wherein they would wear casual attires which relates to their hobbies.

And Hyewon’s chosen attire is to wear a sports bra topped with the school’s varsity track jacket (She borrowed it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter