TRUTH

Be A Normal Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

D-day has come and Minjoo came early to school as per requested by the director itself. Chaewon was already informed by the girl which gladly, gone smooth.

 She needed to turn over her school related things. Even her precious uniform was handed over to the director which was kind of a bummer for the girl.

As she was placing everything in a box, she noticed that the director had her head down and apologized to the girl.

 

“I’m sorry if it led to this. I tried my best stopping them from them.”

Minjoo shook her head. “It’s okay sir. It’s my fault anyway that this happened.”

 

After she was done turning everything over, she went and head outside. The director also came with her because he wants to give the girl a drive towards their neighboring school.

ENOZI HIGH was not that near but also not that far from her previous school. Minjoo insisted that she go alone but the director was not having it. He was really eager to drive Minjoo towards ENOZI HIGH.

After arriving, he dropped Minjoo by the enormous white gate towering in front of them. Minjoo was not bothered by it anymore. Even her previous school had a gate like this but it was painted with pink.

 

“This is as far as I can go. Goodluck, Miss Kim.”

“Thank you for the ride, sir.” And she gave the director a bow and off the director went off with her car. That was her signal to enter the school.

 

As she entered the enormous gate, she was given a different kind of ambivalence.

If IZONE HIGH was giving her a feeling that everything inside the school is filled with wealthy and abundant students, and the school’s value itself is bigger than Minjoo’s ego, ENOZI HIGH gives of the vibe of a normal and peaceful life. It was like the school was speaking for itself that it was not colonized by rich and wealthy people.

And it was good thing.

While walking inside the school, Minjoo noticed two students – a tall girl with her short bob hair hugging a simple folder over her chest, and a boy who has the same height as the girl – coming to her.

 

“Good morning. You must be the transferee?” She looked over her folder. “Miss Kim Minjoo, I presume?”

“That’s me.” She looked over the girl and asked. “And you are..?”

The girl gave Minjoo an “oh” and introduced herself. “Lee Kaeun. Student Council president.” She pointed at her companion. “And this is my secretary, Son Dongpyo. A second year just like you.”

Dongpyo grabbed her hand and shakes it giddily. “Hi! You’re so pretty! What skin care do you use? Do you do dieting? What make-up do you use? Or are you not wearing any at all? You really have long beautiful hair!”

 

Minjoo was barraged by a lot of questions and it was getting overwhelming as she was being pushed. Before it could go even further, Donpyo received a smack to his head.

 

“You’re scaring the girl!” Kaeun reprimanded him. “Do that later when you’re close enough!”

“No need noona!” He circled her arms around Minjoo’s. “I will be her tour guide for this school!”

 

Kaeun was having second thoughts on letting the boy do it. But in the end she just let him do what she wants. It would save them the hassle of finding another student who is willing to tour the girl.

Before she lets them go, she informed them to proceed first at the Principal’s office and receive her uniform that Minjoo will be using for the rest of the school year. Since Donpyo will be her guide, he also took the liberty to lead her towards the office with an obvious big name plate above the door.

The boy knocked three times and opened the door. They were greeted by a man sitting in the chair, having both the back of his hands supporting his chin. From his face, Minjoo could blindly say that the man is in her 50’s. The wrinkles in her eyes are almost visible and his hair was showing highlights of grey. Or is it natural?

 

“Good morning, Miss Kim.” The principal greeted her with his low stern voice. “Let’s skip the introductions and go over everything.”

 

He asked Dongpyo to grab the box at the back door which leads to some sort of storage room.

While he was at it, the principal briefed her on the rules for the school, her room, and her own personal id, which surprised her.

How the hell did they manage to obtain her picture without her consent?

 

“Please don’t be alarmed. The director of your school was kind enough to provide us your own photo.” The principal assured her.

 

Minjoo sighed in relief. She thought for a second that someone was giving out her photos.

Not long after, Dongpyo came out of the room, carrying a box filled with Minjoo’s uniform.

 

“This will be your uniform for the rest of your stay here in this school.” The principal informed her.

 

She took out the uniform and checked it. The color of the uniform was white, it has a pocket with the seal of the school, and it also comes with a ribbon shaded with blue. She was happy to see that she will not be wearing any blazers. She checked the skirt and measured it on her waist. It has a plain color of navy blue and the length was five inches above the knee.

It was cool.

She let her eyes look towards her guide and checked his uniform. He was also wearing a white uniform, a colored pin intact in their collar, a pocket sealed with the school’s logo, and a khaki pants.

Minjoo could only think of how cute Dongpyo looks with it. He was too cute to be a guy.

 

“The color of your ribbon corresponds on what year level you are in. Since you have color blue, you are a second year student. I placed you to be in the same class as Mr. Son. I hope you don’t mind.” – Principal.

Minjoo shook her head. In fact she liked the idea of being in the same room as him. He was fun to be with and he’s a bit of a crackhead.

The principal stood from her sit and gave Minjoo a slight bow.

 

“Once more, welcome to ENOZI HIGH.”

“Thank you, Mr. Principal.” Minjoo said.

 

After that, they went out of the room and went straight for their room. Dongpyo said he will be touring the girl later after class because it was almost time. Good thing their room is also located at the second floor of the building.

As they stride the hallway, the room setup was the same back to her previous school. The room was in her left and right and each of them was really spacious.

It was a good call that Dongpyo asked the girl to wear her uniform to not catch unwanted attention from other students.

It was effective. 

When they reached their room – room 2B – the boy asked him to wait for a while as she informs the teacher of the predicament that they are in. After a while, Dongpyo opened the door and asked the girl to come inside and be introduced to the class.

 

“Sorry to interrupt but we have a transferee to introduce.” The teacher informed them. “This is Kim Minjoo. A student from IZONE HIGH. Please treat her with care.”

“Please take care of me.” And Minjoo bowed to everyone.

 

After that mini-introduction of the girl, Dongpyo took the liberty to bring her at the back sit, where he is also seated.

Since the teacher was in a good mood, she decided to give us the free time for the rest of the period which made everyone in the room yelp in delight. Since they have all the time, Minjoo asked Dongpyo to tour her around school.

The building of the school was not that big compared to her previous school. It wasn’t giving of the “Only-rich-famous-allowed” kind of vibe inside it. More like she was getting of a friendly vibe from inside of it. The gym was big enough to house practices for those who are in a sports club. They even have a big field at the back of the school.

While they were walking, Minjoo slid her hand to her pocket and texted her girl from the other school.

 

 

MIN: Hey Chae, I just got to school btw! We got free time for the rest of the period. : )

CHAE: That’s nice : ( It’s boring here without u. :’(

MIN: Heyy I miss you too you know : (

CHAE: then come back already : (

MIN: I would love to. But I can’t : (

MIN: How about an ice cream later? :D

CHAE: Pick me up at 4 “Babe” :*

MIN: Okay! love ya :*

 

 

“Who’s that?” He asked. “Your boyfriend?”                                                                                                

“It’s girlfriend by the way.” Minjoo corrected her confidently.

“Ooh~ gay~” Dongpyo and poked her side and got himself a smack to the shoulder.

“All the way~” Minjoo added.

 

Lunch time came by and Dongpyo was still with Minjoo. She didn’t tell the girls from this school that she was transferring this day. So instead, she will be surprising them.

As they enter the cafeteria, stares and confusion was painted all over the student’s face as they saw the new girl who came from a rich school. They were bewildered by her appearance as she was b with beauty, enticing the boys in the cafeteria.

But that was not the only thing that caught their attention. It was also because of the boy with her. Son Dongpyo was also famous in his own ways. He was so pretty for a boy that even his own kind was crushing on her.

Not minding the numerous stares, Minjoo finally saw the two of her friends sitting at the far corner of the cafeteria. She pulled the boy with her and went to their table.

 

“Unnie~ Minjoo is here~” Minjoo said with her cute voice and hug the duck. It took seconds for them to realize that it was the one and only Kim Minjoo in the flesh.

“Minjoo!” Both of them jumped at the girl and gave her a tight hug. “I thought you were transferring next week??”

“Yeah! That’s what your girlfriend told us!” – Hyewon pitched in the question.

“It was today Unnie~” Minjoo said. “I wanted to surprise you. And it worked!”

 

They offered her to sit with them but noticed that she was not alone. When Yena saw who she was with, she can’t help but gasp in surprise. She dragged the frog away from the boy and whispered something to her.

 

“Why are you with the pretty boy?” Yena with a low voice asked the girl. Minjoo was definitely confused.

“He’s my classmate and my tour guide.” Minjoo answered truthfully. “Why?”

“He’s hella famous by the way! So be careful!” Hyewon who was also with them warned the new girl in school. “Not that we mind it either.” Yena added.

She scoffed and said, “Like I care.”

 

She turned around and went to the famous boy and dragged her towards their table. Hyewon and Yena didn’t really mind it at all and just let the girl do what she wanted to do.

As they sat on the table, Dongpyo didn’t take long to fit in with the three of them as he was warmly welcomed by the group. Yena was so good at making friends and closing up the awkwardness, while Hyewon was just focusing on her food.

 

“Are you always alone?” Minjoo asked the boy.

“I usually hang out in the council room. This is the first time that I have went out.” Dongpyo answered.

Minjoo was aghast. “Really??”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter