MYSTERIOUS CHAEWON

Be A Normal Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

T.N: Just a heads up for those who are reading this. please don't be shocked if some pairs or couples are not what you have expected. and that goes with all the upcoming chapters. There are times that I would pair a boy-girl, boy-boy, or girl-girl. OKAY? GOOD. 

 

 

 

It has been a month already and Minjoo was finally getting used to the school’s environment and the students. It has also been a month since she met Yujin and became buddies with each other. Both of them would go at Chaewon’s room and invite her for lunch since Minjoo expected that she has no one to go with.

And it has been a month since then that the glares of the students worsen. The whispers which were supposed to be silent, it was as if it was meant for them to be heard.

 

“Look at them” – Student 1.

“Pfft! What a group.” – Student 2.

“A radish and a beanpole hovering the princess.” – Student 3.

“Their her bodyguards.” Student 2

 

Yujin was getting frustrated hearing the same thing over and over again. She was clenching her fist to prevent herself from running over to them but it seems like she can’t hold it on that much longer.

“Calm down, Yujin,” Minjoo holds her fist. “You know that won’t solve it.”

“She’s right, Yujin.” Chaewon added and gave her some gummies she bought earlier.

Yujin just smiled and ate the gummies. That lifted her mood from being mad to being jolly again.

 

 

While walking along the corridor, the sound of the phone ringing stopped them in their tracks. It was Chaewon’s. her eyes were calm as if she was expecting the call.

“You guys go on ahead, I’ll catch up later!”

“wa-!”

Chaewon couldn’t hear her anymore as she sprinted away from them.

She didn’t have the luxury to stay at their anymore.

She didn’t want to drag them down.

“Where could she be heading again this time?” Yujin’s question was answered by Minjoo’s shurug.

“I don’t know,” she said. “But one thing’s for sure, she’s hiding something from us.”

Yujin didn’t know why but the last sentence that was coming out of Minjoo’s mouth send chills to her spine. What she saw gave the last blow to her bones.

Yujin just saw her eyes.

What she saw as of this moment was set in stone. She couldn’t help but get intimidated by it.

“Are you okay?”

Yujin got startled when Minjoo suddenly spoke up. “Y-yeah, I’m okay. Let’s go home?”

Minjoo smiled as a response to it.

 

Supposedly, Minjoo should be going home with her neighbor, Chaewon. Yet here she is going with her buddy, Yujin but it seems like the situation is not allowing them to go home together.

‘I wanted to go home with her’ Minjoo was slightly disappointed at the thought of not going home with her. She heaved a heavy sigh.

And that didn’t go unnoticed.

“Is something bothering you?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh? That’s a first. What is it?”

“A certain fairy is bothering me. And it’s getting worse.”

And Yujin knows what she meant by that as she was also bothered by her actions these past few days.

Yujin just laughed it off.

But what Yujin doesn’t know is that there is more to what she meant by what Minjoo said. Not that she needed to know it.

 

 

 

It was already 7 when Minjoo just arrived at Floracion Casa and her stomach was asking for food. So she went straight for the kitchen.

She was expecting a certain person to be waiting for her at the kitchen but what waited for her was the deafening silence surrounding the room. ‘She must be in her room.’

“That must be it. She must be busy in her room.” Minjoo convinced herself.

With that out of the way, she started doing what she came for. She patched herself some hot water and grabbed some instant ramen at the drawer. It was the easiest to cook and she wants to rest already.

While preparing the ramen, the door suddenly opened and the person she was expecting has arrived at the kitchen. Unknowingly, she smiled and felt happy seeing the girl.

 She stared at what Minjoo was eating.

“That’s unhealthy you know?” she said, pointing her index finger at Minjoo’s ramen.

Minjoo was still eating her ramen without even batting an eye at her, “Who cares?”

“Well I do.” And Chaewon swooped her ramen from her table and threw the contents of it in the sink.

“Hey! I worked hard for that!”

“I’ll cook you proper food.” And Chaewon raised her hands showing her what she brought with her.

Minjoo’s eyes were glowing with happiness when she knew what she was cooking for her! It was enough for Chaewon if she sees her being happy, she was happy too.

 

As usual, Chaewon would do the cooking while Minjoo would arrange the table and would be the one washing the plates later. That has been there arrangement since they started eating together in this room. Sometimes Minjoo would cook but for most of the time, Chaewon was the one doing the cooking.

“We should invite Yujin with us sometimes.” Chaewon said.

The latter flinched at the sudden suggestion. Minjoo was having second thoughts on having Yujin over because if Yujin were to come here, their time together would be no longer theirs. But if she were to disapprove it, Chaewon would definitely look sad.

“Or do you not like it?”

There it is! –Minjoo

“Yes and No.” Minjoo honestly answered.

Chaewon was still facing the stove  “Huh?”

Minjoo faced her with confidence. “Yes because I want her and you to get along more. We could spend a lot of time with each other,” She paused for a while, “And no because...”

Chaewon was waiting for an answer from her but she was hesitating to provide her one.

Should she say it? Or maybe not? She was battling with her thoughts. It could damage their friendship with each other.

“Because?”

Here goes nothing.

“Because I don’t want to.” She finally answered. “We don’t talk that much at school. This is the only time we can talk to each other with no disturbance of a certain friend we all assume who looks like a dog.”

“How about you, Chaewon?”

Minjoo was waiting for her to speak up. She wasn’t uttering a single word and to make it worse, she can’t see her face as she still haven’t finished cooking. Minjoo was beginning to get nervous.

Does she hate it?

She doesn’t know. She doesn’t want to know. She’s scared. This was a new experience for her yet again. The only time she got scared was when she was about to die from getting killed and the first time she killed someone. For her to get scared for such a reason that a certain girl is not responding, it was a new feeling.

 

Not knowing anything, what Minjoo doesn’t see is that the girl who was cooking the food was stupidly smiling and was blushing hard. She was making herself busy. She can’t look back now in the situation she was in.

She was already done cooking though.

She was busy putting the cooked food in a plate that she didn’t even notice Minjoo approaching her.

“Chae? Are you okay?”

''TOO CLOSE! HER FACE IS TOO CLOSE!'

Chaewon loosen her hold on the plate and dropped the food in which Minjoo was able to save it.

‘A-and Ch-Chae?!’

 

“That was close.” And Minjoo placed the food at the table. She took a seat at the other side while Chaewon would take the seat in front of her.

 

“Ch-Chae..?” Chaewon was flabbergasted of what she heard.

“Yeah. You don’t like it?”

‘I LOVE IT’

”I’m fine with it.” Chaewon smiled sheepishly.

And of course, Minjoo flashed her happy smile.

 

Chaewon likes it when she smiles like that. It makes her forget of everything that was troubling her. This was the only place that gives her a peaceful mind. She was having too much in her plate already, and she doesn’t know when this will end.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter