7 - Recruitment

Mabel Manor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello :) (I didn't really have anything to say)

 It walks the dark streets, eyes sweeping. It felt the pull of the night, hunger increasing as it scenes it’s next meal within the limits of the town it was created. The creators are long gone but it knew its purpose, protect the lands. And to do that it needed to get stronger, it needed to feed, and soon. Sounds rang out, bouncing off of the walls around it. It stalked toward the sound. A group of beings stood in a circle laughing loudly, it hurt its ears. A snarl ripped through it, eyes locked on the loudest. When the group parted it followed the loudest being, eager to rid it of this life. It didn’t notice it was being followed, down a darker part of the town. Silently it crept up behind the being, waiting for the perfect moment. The being turned, its eyes growing wide and mouth opening in a scream as the darkness consumed it. The hunger subsided and it was quiet in the dark once again. 

YongSun bolted up in bed, sweat sticking to her body. She shivered even though it was not cold. There was no way that was real, no way that could be real. She looked over at her dresser, Obsidian sat there, ears back and fur on end. YongSun glanced at her wrist to the puffy pink scratch mark. The words of the curse echoed through her head. “With a drop of blood it wakes, hunger fueling each step it takes. As it takes you, you cannot yell. Behold the beast of Mabel.” Lame poem passed down through the generations. YongSun never once believed in it, it was a way for the past witches to keep their land untouched and for young witches to scare each other with. No there was no way it was real, it couldn’t be. It was a dream, simply a dream that she had because she spilled blood at the house. A house she old stayed to explore because of that girl, Obsidian would have found his own way home, he always did. 

YongSun pulled her comforter off and kneeled on her bed to look out the window behind her headboard. The sun was rising, she could see the edge of it on the horizon. She checked her phone, it was just past six in the morning, she still had time to go check out the house before she had to be at school. She should be getting in all the spell practice she could but there was no way she could go through the day without knowing, not after that dream. YongSun grabbed her sweater and went to check on Mabel Manor. 

 

The manor looked different in the morning light, almost beautiful. It was the kind of cool creepy place she would go to escape her town, except she never stepped foot on this property, she may not believe in the curse but her family did, her coven did. If any witch was caught on these grounds it was a big punishment from the elders, and another disappointment for YongSun’s mother. 

YongSun pulled out her phone again, it might be light out but the house was still very dark. The second YongSun stepped through the door she knew something was different from last night. When she was here last night the air felt dead and old, today it felt fresh. That could easily be explained by the fact they were here last night, so she kept looking. She retraced her steps through the house, it was odd because she was kind of hoping she had Byul here with her, a thought she shook off fast, she didn’t need her. 

YongSun sighed a breath of relief when she retraced her steps and nothing was out of the ordinary, everything was as it was when she left last night. So then it really must have been a dream, just a stupid nightmare. She pocketed her phone, she could still make it to class before the first bell, not that she really cared much about being on time. She stepped out the back door, her eye catching something. The basement window was shattered, it wasn’t last night. No big deal, so some other kids came here on Devil’s night to break . Still she walked over to it, she had to be one hundred percent sure. She looked through the window, the back wall was smashed in, cement laying on the dusty floor. That could have been there for awhile. Except her eyes caught the clear line through the dust that the cement made, maybe some kids broke the wall? But there were no shoe prints, there was however some very large paw prints on the ground leading up to the window she was currently standing at. Oh , she had really done it now. YongSun pushed off her feet and ran as fast as she could away from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter