1- New Beginnings

Mabel Manor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SO, if anyone reading this follows my other stories, you know I have no right writting another one when I have two others sitting around waiting to be finished. However it is Halloween (month) and I keep wanting to watch cute Halloween movies (I am a chicken) and they are a rare breed, and I rewatched the Good Witch movies which reminded me of this concept story I came up with last year, I am sure if you seen those movies you will see some similar things. Plus I have this great need for a teen rom/com with a f/f romance. Also, like in the forward I meantion the character of YongSun is influenced by the character Carmilla, the character herself is a fan of the show and mimics her... Anyways on to the story and props to anyone who actually reads these intro paragraphs.

The ride was a bumpy one. Head pressed against the cool glass, it continuously hit off the window each time the train moved. The landscape zoomed past her, her eyes trying to catch as much of it as she could. Dark clouds hung over the passing city, rain splattered all over the earth. Rain always gave an air of melancholy, but to her it was a cleansing. Not that she needed to be cleansed, as far as she knew she had done nothing wrong. This however, was a new beginning, and it was as if the rain was washing away her old self. 

She tried very hard to be happy for her new beginning. What seventeen year old got to start over in a new town, well if you go by television show standards… a lot. This was her hundredth new start, okay maybe that was an exaggeration. Her parents are traveling professors, all of her childhood was spent on the road being home schooled. She was taught an entire school curriculum before she was ten, but she lacked skills in the social department, having only adults and college students to talk to, her parents finally decided it was time for her to go to school, highschool. 

One thing you think smart people would understand is that sending a thirteen year old to school for the first time at the age of thirteen is not a good idea, especially when she could teach the entire class, and especially when her guardian was her eighty year old grandmother. She loves her grandmother, she is sweet and kind, and gave her all the love her parents didn’t have time for. However, dementia eventually took her, and now this is where she is. On a train driving her halfway across the country to a small town, to live with her aunt and cousins. Her parents only stayed in town long enough to but her grandmother in a home and buy her a train ticket. Whatever, she was used to it, what else could she be.

 

The train came to a screeching halt at the station. She collected her long blonde hair up into a pony and pulled her hood up over her head to prepare her for the rain. It is amazing that she could fit all of her belongings into one suitcase, the one she dragged behind her as she made her way into the train station. 

She wasn’t in a hurry to get to the pick up area. It is not like she was overly excited to go stay in a small town, her big city highschool was bad enough, but at least she was one face of thousands, rather than barely a hundred. The train station was even an hour outside of the town. 

The wheels of her suitcase rolled over the marble floors. Her eyes shifted through the crowd of people, looking for the exit signs. She finally spotted the passenger pick up location, it is not like she couldn’t just call her aunt to see where they were, but she was wasting time. She walked over to the waiting people, many of which were already embracing their loved ones. She didn’t need to search for her aunt very hard because a voice called out, “There she is!” She looked toward the voice, her twin cousins were jumping with joy as if they had way too much sugar, each holding an end of a sign that said: Welcome Byul. She made her way over to them. Both Jia and JiHo raced over to give her a hug. Jia was wearing a sundress despite the chill of the fall, and her brother was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. She gave them a quick squeeze back and they all walked over to her aunt, the less uptight version of the Song sisters. Song MinSun, her mother’s younger sister embraced Byul when she got close enough. “Moon Byul-Yi, you’ve gotten so big.” She said into her ear. 

Byul gave a small smile. “It is nice to see you Imo.” 

Byul’s aunt went to collect her children, who were now running around the train station asking strangers questions about their trip. Byul remembered they were quite hyperactive. Byul watched and waited until her aunt ushered them into the car. Now in the front seat, Byul pressed her head against the window as her cousins chattered about all the fun things they were going to do, all the way back to town. 

 

The town of Bellbourne was indeed small, blink and you miss it. Byu’s aunt thought it best if they went home and let Byul unpack, and they’d go out tomorrow to get her things she might need for Monday. 

Their house was nice, a two story white house with yellow trim and a wrap around porch. It looked beautiful under the blanket of the already colouring fall leaves. She barely got her luggage out of the car before each cousin took one of her hands and started pulling her toward the house. “Wait until you see what we did to your room!” Jia squealed excitedly. Byul allowed herself to be pulled along, her aunt calling after her that she would bring in Byul’s luggage, and told her kids to calm down. 

Byul had not seen the twins in a few years, the last time she was them, they were eight, they had just turned eleven last month. It was going to be interesting living with them for the next few months. From what she remembered, they were smart, very smart, they could have been moved up a few grades but her aunt wanted them to learn to socialize with kids their own age. She was also being reminded how hyperactive they were, they never knew how to sit still, even when they were babies. They pulled her through the house, she was getting only glimpses of it as they did. From what she could tell, it was homely but large. It was one of those old estate looking houses that you know have been in a town like this for hundreds of years. Byul’s uncle was the chief of police and the house had been in his house for like four generations. 

Byul’s room was larger than her last. She shared a tiny apartment with her grandmother, it was small but she loved it. She could fit that whole apartment on just half of the main floor. Byul had a queen sized bed with a canopy, everything was in a light purple hue or white. She had one large window across from her bed that came with it’s own window seat, decorated in cute little pillows. She had a dresser that looked hand crafted from oak wood, in fact so did the frame of her bed. There were stacks of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter