3 - Bubble Bubble

Mabel Manor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So... I lied about POV apparently, I had the idea for this, this morning and decided to roll with it. 

Four paws thudded on top of her chest causing her to awake from her sleep. She refused to open her eyes, knowing what the creature wanted, and knowing she probably had another ten minutes before her alarm went off. She managed a few more minutes of sleep before a paw slapped her in the face. She whipped her pillow off of her head and glared at the waiting yellow eyes. Her cat sat on the side of her bed, his deep yellow eyes leveling with her, telling her to move. The small black mass trotted over to the end of her bed and sat once again, still watching her. She rolled her eyes and resisted the urge to throw her pillow at him. “Obsidian, I still have ten minutes before I have to get up.” He responded with a deep meow, basically meaning he did not care. “Ugh fine.” She said sitting up in her bed. He look very pleased with himself. 

There wasn’t a lot of space in YongSun’s room. Her queen sized bed took up a good majority of it, it’s headboard rested against the largest window, and the one that faced the front yard. She had about three feet to the right of her bed, enough to fit a bedside table, and about seven feet to her right. Her black dresser pushed into the far corner, align with the wall that lead up to her bathroom door. Directly at the foot of the right side of her bed was the base of a set of stairs that curved above her and led to her study area, a small cube on the third story of the house that held her desk and a lot of books. Besides her bedroom door, that was basically her room, she didn’t own many things, but most of everything she owned was in a shade of black and red but nothing else. Her mother disapproved of YongSun’s style, and attitude, as well as a bunch of other things. 

Speaking of the witch, Obsidian’s ears went back and the cat ran for the second floor of her room, which only meant one thing. YongSun’s door burst open only moments after the cat fled. Her mother stood there, dressed in a suit, hair in a tight bun, one that YongSun joked many times, must be so tight that is made her grumpy. Which was roughly the look she was wearing right now, hand clutched tight around a piece of paper. “What is this?” Her mother growled quite impressively. 

YongSun leaned back down so she was resting on her arms. “I don’t know mother, I can’t see it from here.” YongSun did not know how to speak to her mother anymore without a very thick layer of sarcasm or sass. 

Her mother crossed her arms. “It is a letter from your school, you have missed too many classes yet again.” Oh here we go again. “You know I am sick of you making this family look bad. First my daughter, mine, the daughter of the coven leader, can barely perform level one spells when she should be mastering the top levels by now. And now you can’t even be bothered to show up for your mundane classes?” 

YongSun shrugged. “It is boring.” YongSun got straight A’s, she didn’t have to go to class to be bored by teachers when she could be out having fun, besides it is not like she has any friends, and the less time she spends with those kids the better.

“I don’t care what you find boring. You will not make a joke of my name any longer.” She threw the paper at her. “You will go to class, every single one for the rest of the year. You will pass your next magic test with flying colours.”

“Or what.” There was nothing but steel in her voice. Her mother knew how hard it was to be in classes with mortals. 

“If you fail to do either, I will bind your powers.” A chill went down her spine. “You are just the next generation to deal with this town, adapt or I will turn you into one of them.”

There is no worse punishment to a witch than to bind her powers, you feel a connection to the earth and the universe but you can no longer touch it, it is like someone not only taking a limb but your soul with it. Even if the punishment is reversible it is not one that any witch wishes to endure. “Fine.” YongSun barked at her. “I will go.” 

Her mother looked pleased with made YongSun angry. “And don’t think I won’t find you if you skip again, I don’t care how high your grades are, you will attend class.” 

“Yes ma’am.” She saluted her mother as she closed the door behind her. “ing .” She said as soon as the door closed. YongSun flattened herself to the mattress and looked at her ceiling, the last thing she wanted to do was face those kids again. She had no doubt she could, at l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter