[7]

Love Air

            “Hey, do you want to catch a movie later?

            I looked up to see Baekhyun smiling at me. I sat in my usual spot by the coffee stand studying my notes for my test in my next class. Winter break ended nearly a week or two ago and I was already getting tests.

            “Like tonight later?” I questioned him. Was he asking me on like a date? I would totally be down for a date, especially with Baekhyun.

            “Yeah, there’s this new American horror movie that came out and I kind of want to see it,” he shrugged his shoulders and sat down next to me.

            “Well, I do like my fair share of horror movies,” I nodded my head. “But I get too scared watching it though.”

            “Don’t worry, you’ll have your friend with you,” he said. Well, it’s not a date.

            “I guess I’ll come along… but if I get no sleep tonight then it’s your entire fault,” I threatened and put my fist up.

            “I promise to take all responsibility,” he put his hands up in defense and laughed.

            Later that night, after dinner, we- okay, I wouldn’t necessarily say we snuck out the house, but we left the house without anyone knowing we left together. We walked to the cinema and Baekhyun had kindly paid for my ticket, but, of course, because he felt that he was dragging me to the theatre with him so he might as well pay for me. He also bought drinks and popcorn.

            “I could have paid for something, Baekhyun,” I pouted my lips.

            “Do you have a job, Miss Park?” I shook my head. “That’s what I thought.”

            “Drinks were only 5,000 won. I can cover that. How do you think I pay for all my lemonades at the coffee stand?”

            “Seoul, you’re ruining the moment that maybe I would like to pay for you because I like you,” he gave me the side eye. “I like Chanyeol and Jongdae because they’re my best friends for a reason, but they can pay for their own crap even if it’s a dollar. For you, however, you’re special.” He winked.

            I blushed and lightly punched him on the shoulder. “Aw, I’m special to you.” I pursed my lips and continued to coo at him for being so sweet.

            “Ah, now I regret telling you that,” he rolled his eyes.

 

            “What did you think of the movie?” Baekhyun asked as we stepped out of the theatre.

            “That was so scary! I can’t believe that it’s based off a true story too,” I shook my head. I very much believe in spirits myself so knowing that this is all true, I’m going to paranoid when we get home and definitely not getting any sleep tonight.

            “Yeah, I can’t believe it either.”

            “Are you not scared?” He had such a calm façade on that it was hard to tell if he was quaking or not.

            “I was during the movie, but I feel pretty refreshed now. My body was all tense from the scare and now I can relax my body and it feels pretty nice,” he explained. I gaped at him.

 

            It’s been hours since we’ve seen the movie. Baekhyun and I have split off to our rooms and he’s probably fast asleep while I’m having a terrible time trying to fall asleep myself. Every time I close my eyes, I just keep seeing that demonic nun from the movie appearing right before my eyes.

            ‘Maybe I should just pull an all-nighter,’ I thought as I let out a frustrated sigh. I may have school tomorrow, but maybe I can survive with a couple of energy drinks. Oh gosh darn, I have an exam tomorrow though.

            I really wonder if Baekhyun is actually sleeping. I pressed my lips together and pulled out my phone. I sent him a couple of texts to ensure that it rings a couple of times to wake him up.

Seoul:

            Hey…

            Are you awake??

Baekhyun:

And you’re not asleep? LOL

Are you okay?

Seoul:

            No

            I can’t sleep because I’m scared

Baekhyun:

Do you want to come over and sleep with me?

            I blushed at the thought of sleeping next to a man that’s not my man, but I hope that man will be my man.

Seoul:

            Are you sure? Will you be uncomfortable?

Baekhyun:

No, not one bit. I told you I will take full responsibility

I’ll come over and get you

            And with that, I waited patiently for Baekhyun to waddle across the hall to my room. He didn’t really bother to knock when he did arrive, but it didn’t matter since I knew he was coming and he probably wanted to speed up the process.

            I held onto the back of his shirt as he guided us through the dark back into his warm room.

            “Luckily, I have a queen size bed so we won’t be squished next to each other,” Baekhyun said, settling down onto his side of the bed.

            I relaxed down onto the other side of the bed and immediately settled down into the softness of his sheets.

            “I feel bad for dragging you to the movies,” Baekhyun’s voice pierced the silent night. “I didn’t realize you’d be this scared. I’m sorry.” I can hear the pout forming on his lips.

            “Don’t be. I usually can handle horror movies, but since I stay in a room by myself, I try to avoid watching them,” I responded.

            He hummed and then it fell silent. I had my back facing Baekhyun and decided to turn my body to look at him. He also has his back facing me. I started to get sleepier; knowing that I have someone right next to me and giving me great comfort.

 

            “Do you wait for me to come home?” I asked Jongdae as he was passing by once again as I stepped inside after school.

            “Do you want it to be like I wait I for you because I totally would wait to greet you,” he smiled. Jongdae’s smiles always remind me of a cat as his lips curl up and his eyes turn into crescent moons.

            I shook my head at his silliness. “I’ll take it as how I see it. On the real though?”

            “I come home from work and 30 minutes before you and it’s my normal routine to dress down and then make something to drink then head back up. You just happen to be part of that end portion. You’re part of my routine now.”

            “Yeah, yeah, yeah,” I waved him off. I enjoy that Jongdae and I are comfortable with each other to joke around and I’m not too affected by his flirtatious words, but still never fails to make me blush. Words of affection don’t float my boat too well.

            “The routine now consists of us having a talk too. I’m kind of tired though so let’s head up into my room so I can relax in my comfy chair. The gazebo is a pain on the bum when you sit on it for too long.”

            “Ha-ha, yeah I totally get that.”

            And so, here we were in Jongdae’s room catching up. Jongdae was leaned all the back in his office chair that, honestly, look so comfortable with all that padding, while I was sat crisscrossed on his bed.

            “So, I want to know,” Jongdae started up a new topic. “You’ve been hanging out with Mr. Byun fairly a lot. Want to let in what that’s all about?”

            “Oh…oh,” I bit my lip. “That’s…uhm…well…” I was really lost for words. I didn’t want to admit that I liked my neighbor, but I needed someone to talk to. Everyone is so busy and never home until much later and I do feel comfortable with Jongdae to talk to him about this but at the same time, I wasn’t too sure about talking about my feelings for his best friend.

            “Do you like him?”

            “Is it bad that I do?” I scrunched my face in worry mixed with some fear that he’d find me weird for liking a man 8 years older than me.

            “No, no! It’s wonderful! Oh, my lord, thank you!” He jumped out his chair and immediately engulfed me in a hug. “My best friend isn’t going to die alone. Someone actually likes this big dummy.”

            “Wait,” I pushed him off me. “What if he doesn’t like me? Sure, we hang out and I can say that he likes me to hang out with me a lot but don’t close friends hang out with each other too?”

            Jongdae chuckled. “Honey, I’ve been friends with him since childhood, we live in the same house now, and he’s never made time to hang out with me ever since he started his workaholic lifestyle. Barely and rarely makes it out to eat dinner with us at home and yet, ever since you arrived, he’s been coming home for dinner. Shoot, he’s been coming home before dinner. You guys come home together sometimes from hanging out at the café or something?

            Seoul, he’s not working overtime anymore because he’s been hanging out with you. Don’t you think he may have something for you?”

            I nod my head. I did come to realize that from what everyone in this household would talk about. Baekhyun only made his room a place to sleep and nothing else. He was gone before anyone was awake and back when everyone was already asleep. Baekhyun was a ghost just slipping past everyone before anyone would notice and now, he’s awake and alive in the presence of everyone. He even celebrated Christmas for the first time in years! Was I really the reason for his change in routine?

            “You really think so?”

            “I definitely know so,” he smiled. “He may say something different but that’s because he doesn’t know it yet. He hasn’t had a girlfriend in years, so he is clueless to noticing his own feelings.”

            I sighed and fell back onto the bed. “I hate feelings.”

            “Don’t we all?” He laughed. “Do you have homework to do?”

            I immediately sat up with a groan. “Yes. I don’t want to though. Homework can go die in a hole if it’s wants, but its recommended.”

            “If you want…” he started. “You can stay in here and hang out, I’m not up to much and I like your company. Homework is a drag. I didn’t do much of it and focused on singing and here I am working with a degree in music. Anything is possible my dear without the need of homework.”

            “Uh… I’m not too sure if that’s real good advice.”

            “Do you want to do homework or not.”

            “Fine, fine,” I shook my head and leaned back down on his bed.


EEEEEK! I haven't updated in a bit~~ COLLEGE IS NOT A FUN TIME! But I'm getting through it. Hope everyone is doing well with your exams, lectures, homework, and whatever school related just know I'm cheering you on!