[15]

Love Air

         

After that initial kiss a week ago, it’s like Baekhyun can never get enough of having his lips on mine. We had our first make-out session a couple days ago, but I’d rather not get into too much details about that. All I can say is that I was scared. I don’t know. The idea of kissing someone for like 10 minutes sounded so weird and scary and I’ve never kissed any one before for more than a second, so I feel like I had the right to be scared and have no clue of what I’m doing. It was so embarrassing since Baekhyun had to teach me how and yet, being the sweetest guy ever told me it’s okay that I’ve never experienced it and to not be scared. Other than that, in this household we all do this thing where we knock and then just open the door so the chances of getting caught were high stakes.

Anyway, Baekhyun wants to kiss me anywhere and everywhere. We’re still trying out the whole secret relationship thing, but that might stop because Baekhyun is so touchy and kissy when he sees me in the morning to when I’m coming down for dinner. Luckily, since we’re always together in each other’s room, we can easily sneak in a peck before leaving to one another’s rooms.

In all honesty, I don’t mind not telling everyone is my relationship with Baekhyun because I’m not the type to go around town with a tattoo of Baekhyun on my forehead while announcing it to the world, but at the same time I don’t want to be so secretive and for at least, Baekhyun sakes because I know he just wants cling to my side like a koala and just make our relationship known to the house.

“Baekhyun, when are we going to tell everyone?” I questioned him as I gently pushed him back. I was lying down on my bed with Baekhyun leaning over me from the side. We were is the midst of kissing when I was running out of breath. Another thing I must mention about Baekhyun is that he is one hell of a kisser. Like I mentioned before I never kissed anyone so I wouldn’t know what good kissing is anyway.

He moved a piece of my hair away from my face and gently caressed my cheek. I shyly made eye contact with him to see his pupils slightly blown making me shyer. “We could just tell everyone. We really have no reason to keep it away from them. I just wanted to experiment and have some fun with it, but I can’t get enough of you,” he leaned back down to mold our lips together.

Suddenly the door opened, no knock, no nothing. It took Baekhyun and I a second too late to back away from each other before the person walking in could see us in such an intimate position.

“Hey, can you-” Jongdae stopped in the middle of our room with a dumbfounded look. He then started to smile creepily. “He-he, I finally caught you two.”

I looked to Baekhyun. “He knew?”

“Oh yeah,” Baekhyun bit his lip and sat up. “I mean he knows both of our situations and he convinced me to finally confess to you. So, essentially he pretty much already knew we were together.”

“It was just a matter of getting that confirmation that everything turned as planned,” he smiled proudly.

“Alright, well my only concern is why didn’t you knock before coming in?” I questioned him. I usually don’t mind when Baekhyun or Jongdae come busting in through the door sometimes, but it would be nice if they maybe knocked in case if I was changing outside of my closet or doing something private, like kissing Baekhyun.

“I just needed help with this app. I can never figure out technology,” he waved his phone toward me.

I gaped at him. “Jongdae, are you an old man or something?” I snagged his phone out of his hand to figure what simple problem he was dealing with.

“So, what were you guys doing?” Jongdae smirked.

“Don’t be an , Kim,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

“I thought I’d let you know that Baekhyun and I are dating.”

“God, finally!” He exclaimed.

“Finally? You already knew something was up? How?” I questioned Chanyeol this time.

“Too obvious, at least on Baekhyun’s side of things. You’re too good at hiding your feelings sometimes. There was a moment that I thought you liked me,” he nodded his head in agreement to his own words.

I burst out laughing. “Ha! Sorry, sorry that’s just hilarious!” I found it quite interesting that there might have been a chance in Chanyeol’s head that I liked him. I mean Chanyeol’s a cool guy in all, but when you got eyes on another man then Chanyeol just goes right over my head.

Chanyeol pouted his lips. “Hey, what if I had actual feelings for you?”

“Well, did you?” I raised my brows at the older male, and I can feel Baekhyun beside me tense up a little. How about that? Best friends liking the same girl? Now that’s some drama.

“I kind of did, but I later then thought about it and was like, maybe, she’s grown close to feel comfortable with me like a brother as well as when I learned Baekhyun’s little crush on you, I backed away real fast. I prayed every night that Baekhyun wouldn’t remain single and that I wouldn’t have to marry him,” he shook his head fervently with fear, almost in disgust.

I giggled. “Jongdae though?”

“Eh,” he Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders. “That guy is tad bit better.”

“Hey, now I find that offensive,” Baekhyun finally pitched in.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “The only time he pitches in a serious conversation is when he’s offended. Does anyone else know?”

“Honestly, probably, everyone at home. Like Jongdae said, it was just a matter of confirming that their suspicions are true. Kyungsoo, maybe, we go eat pasta at his restaurant all the time. Mrs. Han too,” Baekhyun peeked over at Mrs. Han, who was smiling at him and gave him a thumbs up too.

“She’s such a mom,” I laughed. “Well, she is one but a mom to everyone.”

 

We arrived back home in time for dinner after Baekhyun and I’s mini date. After meeting with Chanyeol, Baekhyun wanted to take me out exploring some more. I think I’m finally getting used to all the alleyways, but I still wouldn’t trust myself to go through them by myself.

“We’re home!” I called out as I held onto Baekhyun’s arm to steady myself as I took off my shoes.

“The couple has finally arrived,” Jongdae clapped his hand as he passed by us and entered the dining room. I rolled my eyes at him and followed him with Baekhyun closely trailing behind me.

Baekhyun grabbed my hand before we entered the room with everyone else seated in. I looked back at him, curious at why he stopped me. He bit his lip to keep himself from smiling to wide before lifting my hand to his lips and giving it a quick peck. “Let’s go.”

“Woah, woah, WOAH!” Jisoo hung his mouth open. “What is this? Holding hands?” Everyone else stopped talking and turned their heads toward Baekhyun and I. There were some audible gasps.

“Your suspicions are correct,” Baekhyun announced. “But if you need it in words, yes, Seoul and I are dating.”

Everyone erupted in cheers. “Ugh, our Baekhyunnie isn’t going to die alone!”

“We’re really happy for you Seoul and you must know that, but knowing this guy for years, we are truly excited that he’s not going to marry his job,” Changkyun told me.

We all laughed when suddenly, Baekhyun leaned over to peck my cheek and the whole room was in an uproar of whistles and yells rooting for us.

“Alright, let’s get dinner started,” Mr. Ahn waved his arms to get our attention. “Yes, we are all excited, but we’re not waiting on dinner for royalty here.”

“You guys better not break up because if you do, I’ll be sad to see one of you move out and I’ll forever dislike you Baekhyun,” Joy pouted cutely. It was hard to understand sometimes that Joy is older than me and she embraces the cute side of her way too much and yet, that’s why I like her.

“Why me?” Baekhyun questioned.

“You probably did something wrong to not keep the relationship going strong. Baekhyun Oppa, I don’t think you’re ever going to get another opportunity like this,” she stabbed her spoon into her bowl of rice. “Seoul is really pretty and you don’t want to know how many guys in the theater fawn over her.”

“I agree with Joy,” Jieun started. “You’re really close to your 30s and honestly, you could be a dad right now.”

“But we’re also not pressuring you, Seoul,” Wendy immediately said after Jieun. “You are way too young and need to finish school first and set up your life and your future before setting it up for someone else.”

I nodded my head. I get that they’re all worried and now relieved that their close friend and brother is has finally found someone, but it was getting me quite anxious that they’re talking about marriage and children. I’m only 19 with my first boyfriend! It seems a bit much to be bringing up these topics. Luckily, Wendy put me at ease with her words.

“It will just take some time and I assure you that you two will last a long while,” Mrs. Ahn smiled warmly at us as she took a hold of Mr. Ahn’s hand.

It made me feel warm inside seeing how lovingly Mr. Ahn looks at Mrs. Ahn and makes me think about Baekhyun and I and if we will last that long. Sure, we just started out and yet, I can’t help but think that he might just be the one.

 

“So how does it feel to date the Mr. Byun Baekhyun?” Joy asked me. I was sitting at the dining room table, deciding that I was in my room for too long watching Netflix and that I needed to go out for some ‘fresh air’ as if the sitting down in another room was going to make any difference.

“Oh, I don’t know,” I blushed at the mention of my boyfriend. It’s been two months now. Summer is almost over and fall quarter is going to start soon in a few weeks. Baekhyun had left a while ago to attend a meeting with his colleagues to plan out the year.

“Aw, look at you,” she leaned down and squeezed my cheeks with both her hands. “Ah, young love.” She sat down next to me. “Alright talk.”

“About?” I paused my show.

“Dating Baekhyun!” She rolled her eyes. “Must I repeat myself?”

“I don’t know,” I repeated myself again. “We’re just dating. What else do you want to know?”

She hummed. “What made you fall in love with him?”

“I guess I fell for just him in general.”

“Bleh!” She stuck out her tongue in distaste. “Such a boring answer. Add some more feeling, emotion. Give me something to cry about!”

I sighed and shook my head at her dramatic-ness. “I fell in love with his personality; the way how he’s so calm and sweet, and so charismatic, but also when he’s just so boyish and hyper. The way that he’s so shy to hold my hand and yet, the confidence he holds when kisses me and is not afraid to protect me from oncoming guys that flirt with me. A prince to sweep me off my feet.”

Joy faked a couple sniffles. “That’s it.” She nodded her head and wiped away the tears. “I can write a whole new song now for my musical.”

“You’re welcome?” I patted her shoulder.

“Thank you, thank you!”

“Joy, are you bothering my girlfriend?” Baekhyun stood against the opening frame with his arms crossed. A small smile etched onto his face when we made eye contact.

Joy scoffed, being offended that she, herself was being a burden. “Of course not! I’m merely keeping her company while you, a workaholic, is busy doing work.”

Baekhyun put a hand on his chest, also offended by Joy’s words. “Excuse me but when was the last time that I didn’t come home for dinner because of work?”

She looked away because she knew she can’t win this one. “Fine, I’m leaving!”

I burst into laughter after whatever just happened and a soon after, Baekhyun joined in with his honey laugh. He walked over to me, leaning down to capture my lips in one swoop.

“Hey,” he leaned back and gave me a warm smile.

“Hey, how was the meeting?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Eh, wasn’t anything too unusual. I’m just going to do my usual thing as I do every quarter. Let’s not worry too much about that. How is my princess?”

I blushed. “Doing absolutely nothing productive.”

“Sounds like something you would do,” he giggled. He stuck his hand out toward me and I happily took his hand in mine as I stood up next to him. “Date?”

“I would love to go out and out of this house,” I replied, and he led us towards the stair.

“I need to just grab my keys, but I want you to dress real comfortable,” he curled a piece of hair behind my ear. “And pack something real pretty for later.”

I hummed. “How pretty? Like night out pretty or café pretty?”

“Both and pack a little extra in case if we don’t make it back in time.”

Now that got me real blushing but what does he mean pack extra if we don’t make it back? It was still quite early in the day… Where is this man taking me? Also, he said keys. Like car keys?? I pushed my anxiety back before nodding and hiding behind my closed door to stop my racing heart. So how pretty should I look?

I finally settled wearing running shorts and an oversized black t-shirt and for the night time look, I picked a black spaghetti strap mini dress that I easily paired with an oversized pink, knitted cardigan. The mini dress was pretty for a night out for it’s cute and yet, y look. The cardigan made it cozy for a cup of hot chocolate at a café and this outfit is perfect for either heels or sneakers. I chose sneakers because I wanted to be comfortable for whatever adventure Baekhyun wanted to take me on. I shoved those in my duffle as well as a random pair of shorts and a light top and other things I may need if we were to book a room somewhere to crash.

In the middle of my application of makeup, I received a text from the said man mentioning that he’s almost done and when I’m done to meet him outside as he grabs the car.

I was nearly finished, but him texting me made me feel rushed and I quickly slapped on my eyeliner, mascara, and blush and quickly grabbed my packed bag before sending him a quick text to him that I’m coming outside.

As I reached the bottom of the steps, I heard the slight rumble of a car outside, but it wasn’t the same rumble as the SUV. It was more racecar like? Stepping outside, I am faced with my boyfriend dressed in an oversized, dark crewneck and blue jeans. His hair looked so fluffy that I need to run my hand through it and yet, the other thing that caught my eye was the black Audi behind him.

I gaped at him. “You actually have one?” I recalled the time of our camping trip when I mentioned he didn’t look like an SUV driver but like a more sleeker fancy car.

“I told you that I only bring it out when I fancy someone comes around,” he winked. Charming is the exact word to describe Baekhyun right at this moment.

“So, Mr. Byun, where are you taking me?” I asked as he took my bag from me and turned to place in the backseat.

“It’s a secret,” he put his index finger against his lips. “All I can say that it’s going to be a long trip.” He opened the passenger door for me, and I gladly climbed inside.

He ran around the front to get inside himself to start our journey. “I just want to take you out somewhere nice before school starts up again. You and I are going to get busy and I’m scared I won’t see you as much.”

“Baek… we live in the same house. How are you possibly not going to see me?” I laughed as I reached over to place a hand on his thigh and rubbed it comfortably in order to reassure him that I wasn’t going anywhere.

“I know… it’s just that I can’t work at home most of time and you’ll be doing a group project somewhere or studying away and locked in your room.”

“Oh, please, Baekhyun, you know that I’m incapable of studying,” I rolled my eyes. “But I’ll follow you wherever you go. I study better in your presence anyway.”

“That’s my girl,” he smiled, brightly.

 


I apologize for how crappy this chapter is... I just came back from a short weekend trip and now I am back stuck inside my house because it snowed so much that the roads are DANGErOUS.

This story is coming close to an end? Maybe in one or two chapters??? If you can't tell by thsi chapter, bubt I am running out of ideas and inspo as I've already written out what my whole dream was about and now I'm trying to close it nicely... Which I can NEVER do with any of my stories so, we'll see what happens :)