[12]

Love Air

I hate studying. That’s a definite fact. Studying was never my strongest suit in high school. I just did it to get by in my classes and hoped for the best. My study habit isn’t the greatest either since I would read- more like skim- the textbook, take notes, and then take an hour break. I would then go back to notes for 5 minutes before telling myself I worked hard enough and spend the next four hours on YouTube.

I always try my hardest, however. And of course, Baekhyun is now there to tell me that I’m not exactly doing that. Especially, when we set up a time to study together at Mr. Oh’s bookstore and I end up watching Netflix the whole time without Baekhyun knowing. In my defense though, I was writing the vocabulary words down at the same time. Yet, Baekhyun wasn’t convinced when he caught me on the verge of tears watching Kung Fu Panda.

This time around Baekhyun suggested we just study at home while mentioning that his room was the better studying environment. He didn’t give an actual answer when I asked him why, so I just shrugged it off and got to work. I did study, surprisingly. Maybe he was right. It felt nice being in the comfort of home, more of being in Baekhyun’s soft bed, but also because Baekhyun likes to listen to music and he would softly sing along. It was a very serene atmosphere.

We were now studying in Baekhyun’s room and I completely exhausted and overwhelmed with the amount of studying I’ve been doing. It’s been weeks since I had a depressive break down and Baekhyun made it very known that he wasn’t going to let me go through anything alone as I slowly stopped hanging out with Ha Won and the girls besides talking to them during class and he would meet up with more during school hours.

School was also coming closer to an end so now all the students are just preparing for exams. I just finished classes and Baekhyun casually met up with me and we walked home together. Aunty Ahn was very surprised to see Baekhyun home so early. Baekhyun had been coming home for dinner more often, but this was her first time to see him before dinner. Anyway, I was going to relax for a bit after dinner when Baekhyun forced me to come to his room to study. I complained that I didn’t want to and didn’t need to and yet, he convinced me if get my study guide finished, I wouldn’t have to worry about it. I hate it when he’s right.

Or because I’m slightly whipped for him.

Firstly, I went into my room to change into something more comfortable which would be shorts and a t-shirt paired with my soft, oversize zip up hoodie. It was the usual go-to outfit for sleep. I grabbed my backpack and headed over.

I knocked first before letting myself in. I peeked my head in to see Baekhyun already in a white tee and gray sweats sitting at his desk looking over something on his computer. He swiveled himself around upon hearing me enter.

“Hi there again,” he smiled.

“Still can’t believe you dragged me in here to study,” I pouted my lips and found home on his bed. I spread out my body on the whole entirety of the queen bed.

“And yet, you still came by! You’ll thank me later, Seoul,” he shook his head and turned back to the computer screen.

Four hours have passed, and my eyes were beginning to hurt. I was still on Baekhyun’s bed, lying on my stomach with my feet swinging up and down hitting the pillows behind me. Did I ever mention that I hate studying? I shook my head and took off my glasses and rubbed my eyes, which is a really bad thing to do but my eyes were already bad so at this point does it even matter? I’m just so tired from class. I’m glad it’s a Friday so the weekend is full of free time! The only thing that is stopping me is this damn study guide for my anatomy class. It’s so long and tedious with all the questions on here.

I whimpered and tapped my cheeks to stay awake. I put my head down on my notebook and hoped to get in a few minutes of a nap before attempting at the worksheet again. Unfortunately, I ended up falling asleep for the night.

Noticing that it got relatively quiet in the room, Baekhyun turned his chair around again to see that I had fallen asleep. He tilted his head to the side as a soft smile spread across his face and the apples of his cheeks glowed from the room light. 

“This girl really is a bad studier,” he shook his head. He stood up and walked over to me. He went down on his knees to take another grand look at me. Baekhyun gently removed the notebook out from underneath me and placed it on the floor near my backpack. Same went for the textbook right beside me. “What am I going to do with you?”

He decided that he’d call it a night as well and made the decision to let me sleep in his room for the night. He carefully rolled me over and picked me up bridal style to position me correctly on his bed and underneath the covers. As soon as I was tucked in, I snuggled the blanket up close to my face.

Baekhyun chuckled. “Cute.”

 

I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night and was freaking out for a moment trying to figure out where I was.

“Oh my god. I totally knocked out,” I muttered quietly to myself. I looked over to see Baekhyun sleeping peacefully. He was close to me (not that I minded) but found it interesting how locked of a position he was in probably to not touch me in his sleep.

I smiled to myself thinking of how much a gentleman he is to allow me to sleep with him and then lock himself in a position so that he wouldn’t do anything. I subtly scooted closer to him and closed my eyes for a good night’s sleep.


AHHHHH I was supposed to post this the other day, but I've been v busy!!! I don't know why I made myself so busy during the break T~T Also that's this chapter is sooooooo SHORT. I just kinda wrote this out of the blue and thought it was a cute one-shot type of piece.