[17] EPILOGUE

Love Air

            “Push, push, puuush!” Baekhyun encouraged, but I was already exhausted with all the pushing and I was starting to get frustrated.

            “I am pushing! What do you think I’m doing?”

            “Just take in a deep breath and push as you breath out,” Baekhyun suggested.

            “Maybe, if you just pull harder this wouldn’t be so difficult either.”

            “Oh, yeah? Maybe if you gain some muscle, this couch would finally be in the living room and not stuck in the front door.”

            I scoffed. “If you had more muscle too, then you could have just done it yourself.” This is the typical bickering Baekhyun and I have. It’s something that we just do to get on each other’s nerves and just adds on the fuel, but we think it’s almost healthy sometimes because our relationship is always so sweet and vanilla that the fire we have once in a while spices it up a little. We never mean the things we say and usually laugh about it later. And after dating for another 3 years now, Baekhyun knows that my real personality can be quite mean, but he loves it that I’m showing more of myself to him because he just showers me in kisses later.

            Baekhyun stepped to the side and leaned against the door frame from inside the home. His lips tilting up to smile sweetly at me before speaking up again with a tilt of his head. “You’re so cute, my sweet baby girl.”

            I disgustingly rolled my eyes and angrily pushed the rest of the couch inside the house all by myself. Baekhyun let out a hearty laugh. “I knew exactly the trick to exert the rest of your energy to push in the couch.” He gave multiple finger hearts while childishly giggling.

            “Whatever.”

            “Aw, come here, my princess,” he opened his arms and I quickly made my way into them. He peppered my forehead with light kisses. “This is magical, isn’t it?”

            “What? Being sweaty after pushing in a couch for the last 40 minutes?”

            “Not quite, but I guess,” he shrugged his shoulders. “What I mean is being able to move into a house together to finally have our own peace and quiet without someone barging in the middle of our kisses.”

            Baekhyun and I decided to move out of the Ahn’s home and out into our own just a 10-minute walk away. We went back and forth on if we wanted to stay here or move out to Seoul, but we figured it would be best to stay here and some day when it feels right then we’ll move out to the bigger city. For sure, if we were to have a family, we would settle here for the easier life on our child’s future.

            I’ve finished obtaining my bachelor’s degree and now I am working on towards a master’s. I was going to stop at the four-year mark because of my distaste for school and studying, but if I wasn’t going to work just yet then I might as well continue my education as well as I wanted to prolong Baekhyun marrying me. As much as I want to marry him and vice versa, I’m scared. We’ve made this far, but is it still early to get married? Sure, some people get married after 3 months of dating and three years is quite long, but is it just too soon?

            Baekhyun is waiting for me to finish school and yet, he keeps telling me since we’re not struggling financially, I’m not pregnant, nor is school too bad for me, the stress of the wedding shouldn’t be too hard on us. Baekhyun said that he would take care of making the calls and setting up the payments since I have phone anxiety and Baekhyun suggested that I just give my opinions of what I want and that he’ll make it happen and I liked that idea. Of course, he’ll have what he wants to, but we all know that he’ll like what I choose unless it is extremely ridiculous then he’ll rebuke it.

            I’m also waiting for the moment that Baekhyun thinks it’s the right time to do it or if he’s actually going to wait until I finish.

            I just wasn’t expecting it to be so soon.

            Finally, we were all moved in and settled down. We turned down the lights and let the room be illuminated by the glowing fireplace. We snuggled up on the couch and focused on the words coming out each other’s mouth. Nothing much went into our conversation. It was mainly random discussions this one about tomatoes being fruits.

            I laid myself comfortable with my head on Baekhyun’s chest with his arms tightening. “This feels nice. To be in the comfort of our own home and to be snuggled by my favorite girl in the world.”

            I blushed. “Yeah… me too.”

            “And with that being said,” he stretched his body out and reached behind him. He held out in front of me a small white leather box.

            I gasp, covering my mouth to keep myself from screaming. I sit up from his lap and face him, waiting for whatever sweet things he’s going to tell me. “I’m too impatient so I’m just going to do this now. We can worry about having a wedding much later. I just want to show you that I’m making a promise to you; a promise to take care of you and to love you for the rest of my life. You’re the most gorgeous woman I’ve ever laid my eyes on and you’ve changed my life for the better and I can’t just let something like that go so easily. Will you marry me, Seoul?”

            “Yes, yes, yes!” I immediately grasp his face and pressed my lips to his. “I love you so much.”

            “And I to you,” he whispered against my lips. “I love you so much to the point that it hurts and I’m happy that it hurts. Now will you let me make love to you?”

            I bit my lip. Even being together for 3 years, I still hadn’t let Baekhyun make any big moves on me ually. There were times where we had gotten close and I could tell that Baekhyun was ready to give me his all, but I’ve been too scared and too nervous to fully reveal myself in front of him. What if he doesn’t like me anymore after seeing how small my s are, or how un-curvy I am and that I’m too skinny. Of course, all these things have been debunked without having to strip down to the . He’s so patient and so self-controlling that I feel that I don’t deserve him and yet, so deserving because there are for sure some guys that couldn’t handle being in a relationship for 3 years and not being able to have .

The myths being debunked is firstly by that Baekhyun loves holding me and when he does, his fingers trail down my body or he simply holds me and familiarizes himself with my body shape. Secondly, he’s seen my A-cup sized chest through tank tops and slim-fitting shirts and although I am small and skinny, Baekhyun says I have a beautiful hourglass shape because I don’t have big s or a big that my shoulders and wide hips do make up for it. He also mentioned that he’d prefer the hourglass over the S-line since I’d fit better against his body celery shaped body and yet, I also have a decently sized (his words, not mine). Indeed, a ert comment followed.

            “Right now? Right here on the couch?” I asked, nervously as I watched his brown eyes swirl in love and adoration at my innocence.

            “No, no,” he chuckled and shook his head before placing a long, loving kiss to my lips. “I’ll carry you up to the bed and I’ll treat you like the queen you are.”

 

            “AHHHHHHH! YOU’RE GETTING MARRIED!” Joy clapped her hands wildly. I meet up with Joy now during school because Baekhyun’s busy with having classes during my breaks and vice versa. Joy figured she could just come around to have lunch with and have a chat.

            We currently were having hot drinks inside due to the cold and Joy immediately took notice of the shiny gold band on my left hand, which look too fancy for a casual accessory. “Shh! You’re so loud, Joy!”

            “I know I’m loud! There’s a reason why I yell,” she rolled her eyes and then let out a big grin.

            “People are staring, Joy. You’re disturbing the peace,” I scolded her.

            “Ay, it’s fine! They know who I am and know how loud I can get. So, tell me how romantic was it when he proposed? Was he all dressed up in a tux, getting down on one knee, professing his love to you?” She clasped her hands together and looked up to the heavens, dreamily.

            “Well…” I started out, warily. She snapped her head towards me with a serious look on her face waiting for the wrong answer to come out from mouth. “He was wearing sweatpants and we were snuggling on the couch when he pulled out the ring.”

            “Ugh, I knew he would do something like this. But I guess that is kind of cute that you were snuggling so it’s not too dressed down,” she sighed. “But he said loving words, right?”

            “Of course,” I waved her off. “It’s not Baekhyun if he isn’t saying something greasy. I think he kept it on the down low because he knows I can’t handle it.”

She sighed once more. “I’ll take it then. The ring though is a little plain isn’t it? With all that money, he could have gotten a better ring. Aren’t engagement rings supposed the big diamond ring and wedding one to be just a band to be stacked with it?”

            I looked down at my hand and stretched out my fingers to look at the ring. I liked it though. I like my rings plain and the romantic, antique look with alternating round and eye-shaped settings added to the design to give a cute frame to the tiny diamonds. “It’s simple and I like it that way. It’s only the engagement ring too and he said that he has something way better for the wedding ring that is the perfect match for the band.”

Baekhyun did mention he was going to get a something much more extravagant, but he knew I wouldn’t like it as much as I want it to because it would be so flashy and he wanted to wait for the wedding to be extra, so he settled on this for the appetizer. As well as I usually like wearing a plain gold band on my ring finger and he wanted something to distinguish it as an engagement ring.

“Miss Joy, how dare you torment my fiancé again.”

“Speak for yourself, lover boy,” Joy rolled her eyes once more.

I turned around excited to see my fiancé strolling towards us. “Hi,” I waved excitedly at him.

“Hi, my princess,” he leaned to place a kiss on my forehead. “Is this lady bothering you?”

“Piss off, Byun. You’re very lucky that Seoul is an easy-going gal because I would have dumped you really quick.”

“Or you should lower your standards,” he sat down next to me and placed and arm behind my chair as he leaned back in comfort.

Joy scoffed and shook her head in annoyance. “Anyway! When is the wedding? Can I be your bridesmaid? Or maid of honor? Oh my god, I have so many ideas for your wedding!”

“Uh…” Every time when I think I’m used to Joy’s overly excitement, I am once again shaken to the core.

“Whenever she is ready for it,” Baekhyun spoke up for me, which I was grateful for. “I kind of sprung it on her and I’m willing to wait for the time to come. Also, she is her own idea planner. Don’t pressure her in making you her bridesmaid or maid of honor. She already has the ideas and I’ve agreed to them, so you just need to be patient.”

“Don’t tell me what to do, Byun. And I’m sorry, Seoul, I didn’t mean to come off as pushy. You can choose whoever you want as your entourage. But if you need any more help with planning or need someone to make phone calls, I’m never busy and reliable.”

I smiled and placed a hand on Baekhyun’s knee, squeezing it lightly to let him know that I’m thankful that he has my back. “Don’t worry about it, Joy. I guess, I’ll just put it out there that you are on the list of bridesmaids, but I’m waiting to give everyone their bridesmaid box. It’s a surprise though, so you must keep it on the down low.”

Joy’s formed to a big pout. “I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!” She threw herself on top of me. “You’re the best and I will keep this mouth shut!”

“You sure will. I have a spy back at the Ahn’s home, so you better shut it, Joy,” Baekhyun threatened.

“Jongdae is the worst spy ever.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and stood up taking my hand in his as I stood up as well. “Now if you excuse us, I’m taking my fiancé out on a date.”

“Fine, my boyfriend should be coming by soon anyway. Bye~” Joy wiggled her fingers.

“You’re milking the fiancé thing too much,” I muttered to him with a light pink tint dusting my cheeks.

“I know,” he whispered in my ear almost too sensually for my liking.

I looked over to him, confused. “So what date were you taking me on?”

He hummed and pulled me closer to him. “Well… I was hoping you and me could have a little personal intimate time together at home really quick.”

“Like?” I pressed on.

He placed a light kiss to my cheek and gave me a shy toothy grin. “My pants feel a little tight.”

My eyes widened. Oh my god, Baekhyun is right now and I don’t know what to do. Is this what happens after having ? You go into rabbit mode and start doing it all the time? “Uh…”

“We don’t have to do it if you feel uncomfortable. I don’t mean to pressure you or anything just because my is adding pressure in my pants. I’m just kind of testing waters but also because my is pressuring me…”

I couldn’t help but burst into laughter. “I really can’t believe this happening right now.”

“Please don’t laugh, Seoul. I’ve never had this happen before either… I think because I haven’t had in a long time and seeing how pretty you look today; the little guy downstairs took actions of his own.”

“Sorry, sorry,” I caressed the side of his face. “I never expected it to happen so randomly.”

“Let’s just get home so I can take a cold shower,” Baekhyun turned to step out and quickened his pace toward our small little home.

 

“So, when do you want the wedding?” Baekhyun asked as he played with my hair and I lay on his bare chest.

Yeah… so I decided what wrong could it be if I helped out Baekhyun’s small situation? And Baekhyun is always gentle with me and promise to take care of me after, but when is he not taking care of me?

I hummed. “I don’t know… we could wait until after I get my master’s but since you’re impatient and proposed that makes me impatient to get it all over with. We got dating, kissing, engagement and ity out the way so might as well hit marriage out of the ballpark too.”

Baekhyun burst out laughing and I as well. “I guess so! How much longer do you have?”

“I think I have 3 more quarters. My advisor says I’m going to finish a lot earlier so I mean it isn’t long, and we can start planning.”

“Three more quarters? It’s winter quarter now,” Baekhyun counted the next quarters with his fingers, excluding summer quarter. “You’ll finish by next winter quarter then. That’s not too bad we can definitely wait and that’ll give time for people to travel and get time off of work if need be.

Let’s do our photoshoot when the blossoms make their full bloom so that’s after winter quarter during spring break? I’ll search it up later and look into flights or if you want to do one of those?”

“Uh… I’ll set up dates.”

“Good, good. Oh! We need to find your wedding dress as well then before we leave for Japan. Japan is still your destination for pictures, right?” I nod. I’m glad he remembered. “And I need to find a better suit that fits me. Uhm… you finish spring quarter then we’ll spend the summer researching for venues and the touches for your celestial, cherry bloom theme. Send out our bridesmaid and groomsmen surprise boxes and invitations. Wedding will be set up next spring after you receive your diploma and know for sure that you are done with school!”

It’s not too surprising, but also surprising how Baekhyun had this all planned out and was just waiting for the perfect moment to regurgitate it all back out to me. “You really had this all planned out.

“I need to be prepared that’s all.”

“Unbelievable,” I rolled my eyes playfully. “I’m on board though. Your plan sounds very steady and I can’t wait for legally attached to you.”

“Are you implying that we’re illegally together?” Baekhyun quirked an eyebrow.

“If you were any older it might be slightly more illegal to be together.”

 

“I’m nervous,” I murmured to Baekhyun as I squeezed his hand.

“Why are you nervous, baby?” I shrugged my shoulders. “Are you scared you’re not going to find the perfect dress?”

It was finally spring break and Baekhyun had researched up bridal stores and menswear stores in Seoul, which meant we were going to have to make a trip up North to try them on. It works out for us anyway in the end because Baekhyun’s brother offered up his home for us to stay in for the week we are there until our flight to Japan from Incheon Airport.

Luckily, Baekhyun had called and emailed some of the stores to make the appointment and as well as send in the pictures of the type of dress that I wanted and see if they had any of that in stock. And may I mention that Baekhyun’s parent’s is paying for my dress. They wanted this to be the first gift to the second daughter-in-law and once my parents heard about that then they persuaded (or so they thought they were persuading) to buy Baekhyun’s suit. We tried telling both sides that it’s okay and they don’t need to worry about it, but they were very insistent about it and we had to give in.

“Ms. Park, we have the dresses ready for you,” the sales attendant spoke and guided me to the dressing room. “Mr. Byun, you can wait on the couch and wait for Ms. Park to come out.”

I had my fair share of experiences of trying on dresses, but never wedding dresses. It was the same feel though and of course, there’s always hit and misses. I feel slightly bad but this first dress that I tried was for sure a damn miss. What were they thinking about adding this in the pile for me? I didn’t even want to step out to show Baekhyun and yet, he was calling me out to show him since the sales attendant had already stepped out and assumed, I would follow her after helping me put on the damn thing.

The dress I’m hoping for is an off-the-shoulder, slim, but not too body forming dress. I don’t want anything too fancy or too extravagant because the dress will honestly just be worn for 2 hours and then shoved into a closet. This dress… is none of things I listed besides the off-the-shoulder.

“I’m nervous again,” I called out from behind the curtain.

“Don’t be, baby. I’m right here,” I can hear his shoes clicking against the tile floors. “Can you give us a second?”

He swept the curtain open and took in for my form. “Baekhyun,” I pouted.

“What’s wrong? You look beautiful.”

“I hate this dress. I look like a ing cupcake,” I lifted up the tule like material and let it drop to floor forcefully.

“Woah, woah, baby,” he put a hand on his chest, shocked at my sudden profanity. “It’s not the best dress. I can agree on that. They got the off-the-shoulder correct… it’s fine, it’s fine. This is just the first dress and you have 5 more to try on.”

“I find it a bad sign if the first dress is already super unfaltering.”

And guess who was right? Yeah, ing me. The next few dresses were decent, but they all just weren’t it for me and this is unlike the movies where they find their dream dress at one store. Baekhyun felt bad and treated me to gelato before heading to the next bridal shop.

“Do you have an idea of what suit you’re going to get? I sometimes don’t understand why guys need to take the time to get a nice suit. Isn’t it the ordinary black suit?”

“Well, it mainly depends on whoever if they want a new suit because the suits we have are decades old and overly worn, or if we want a well-fitted one to get tailored, or if we plan on not having such a classic wedding suit and want maybe a white suit or red or blue,” Baekhyun explained. I nodded my head. I guess I see why, but still many men still choose the basic black suit. He then repeated that it could be getting the new suit for the special day and getting it tailored to size.

“To answer you’re first question though. I did put some thought into it and I’m not too sure and tried thinking about what would look nice against the cherry blossoms and you, of course. I’m either going for a pin-striped with a bow-tie or an all navy blue, all silk-satin suit.”

I gaped at him. “All of those sound way too perfect for you and all too y as well.”

He scrunched his nose in affection. “You’re too cute.” Baekhyun leaned down to peck nose before the sales attendant came out to announce my set of dresses are ready for me.

After the first dress, I had a feeling I might find the one here. The first dress was nice, but the one thing I didn’t like is that the neckline is too low. This second dress is too body-fitting. Baekhyun agreed although it was hard to not miss his un-subtle lip bite and that I may have to reconsider the dress I want. I needed a dress that I’m able to walk in and this was just not it.

Third dress. This was it. I even started to tear up a little because it was so perfect. The moment I stepped out from the changing room, Baekhyun also knew it was the dress of my dreams.

Baekhyun quickened his steps over to me when he saw the tears threatening to fall. He turned to the sales attendant. “Can you give us a moment?”

“I think this is it. This is the dress,” I teared up.

“I think so,” he whispered. He swept his thumb across my cheeks to wipe away the fallen water droplets. He stepped away for moment to take in my form. “God, you’re so… beautiful.”

I spun around in a circle to show off the whole thing to Baekhyun. It wasn’t too sliming nor was it too puffy. It simply fell straight down with enough flow for me to walk and for me feel like a Princess. The dress had very thin straps to the arm cuffs up and positioned nicely so that they aren’t drooping, but luckily its just a small detailed that the off-the-shoulder point was still there. I am quite the stickler for my shoulders to be out and about because I have quite broad shoulders and I like that about myself to flaunt off. Of course, Baekhyun whole-heartedly agrees.

The neckline dipped down into a v-line that was high enough to stay conservative, but deep enough to also not reveal the valley of my s. There’s a silk under dress and the whole outer dress was made from a soft organza material. Thank God it wasn’t tule or I might have killed someone. I wasn’t so sure if it was organza, but it’s definitely soft. It reminded me of a white, see-through curtain.

Baekhyun placed his hands gently on the shape of my face and pulled me in for loving kiss. Shortly after the sales attendant came back and cleared . Baekhyun leaned back but kept his hands on my face.

“What do you think of the dress?” She asked.

“It’s perfect. We’ll purchase this one, please,” Baekhyun answered for me keeping his eyes glued to mine.

“Wonderful! I’ll let you change out of that one while I pack a brand new, unworn dress and meet you at the front.”

Choosing Baekhyun’s suit might have been the easiest thing ever. Almost too easy and I was slightly upset about it. It’s okay though.

He decided on the pinstriped suit because we thought it looked better with the theme of cherry blossoms and the bowtie made him look so handsome and cute. He did try on the all silk suit and I wanted him to buy it so bad because he looked so damn good and y in it. Baekhyun teased me about it later.

 

“Hai~ please turn this way!” The photographer called out to us.

“Which way? Do you want her more facing the camera or me?” Baekhyun spoke to the photographer in Japanese. “He said to turn this way, princess,” Baekhyun was gently cradling me in his arms and had me turn more towards camera. We stood in the middle of the blossom covered train tracks. Baekhyun had hired a Japanese photographer since we were in Japan and as well as it would be too costly to get a Korean photographer to follow us to Japan. Fortunately, the photographer knew some Korean and Baekhyun knew a good amount of Japanese to communicate, which was very surprising. I didn’t know Baekhyun spoke Japanese and it blew my mind and that made him so much more attractive.

“Can I just tell you that you’re extremely attractive when you switch back and forth to Korean and Japanese? It’s kind of hot to be honest like you are speaking fluently in Korean and then the fluency change into Japanese is UGH to die for,” I dreamily looked at Baekhyun. Love filled his eyes and he darted for my lips immediately, drawing me in for the sweetest kiss of all time.

The shutter crazily sounded off in the background.

 

“Hey, hey, come look at this!” I called Baekhyun over to my desk.

Baekhyun quickly scurried over excited to see what I’m about to show him. He’d just come out from the bathroom after drying his hair. He leaned down closer to me, pressing his cheek to the side of my head. “Oppa, do you think these lights would be pretty to hang around the venue? Subin Unnie told me to just send her anything that I liked as inspiration and hopefully she can find something similar.”

Another fortunate thing for us is that Baekhyun’s brother’s wife is a wedding coordinator.

“I think they’re cute. They’re wired stars, right?” I nodded. “Just pick what you like, baby. I don’t mind. This is your special day. I want your dreams to come true.”

I smiled at him with a slight pout of my lips. “I know you’ve told me countless of times. This is your day too and you need to like it too!”

He leaned over to kiss the pout off my lips. “I like anything you like. It may seem like I don’t care about how it all looks, but I care so much and all I care about is that it’s exactly how you imagined it to be.”

“Are you really sure that you’ll like everything?” I asked once more.

“I liked it already the moment you told me about it 3 years ago.”

 

“Are you nervous?” Wendy asked me. We were still in the back room prepping me. Baekhyun should be coming in the back as well to take the family photos. Wendy was currently fixing my hair and straightening out the small stray hairs. I didn’t want to do anything extravagant either, so I chose a simple half up, half down hairdo and Baekhyun gifted me a simple tiara to wear. He really wants to live up his princess fantasy with me.

I sighed. “I don’t want to say I am, but I am quite nervous. Not because I think he might change his mind because he definitely isn’t going to. It’s more this is just a big step in my life. I’ve knocked off so much of my dreams in such a short amount of time when I thought it would take a century. Before I started university, I’ve never had a boyfriend before then at the end of my first year, I get a boyfriend and time just flew by.

It went from getting a boyfriend to being proposed to, travelling out the country for the first time, graduating with a master’s degree in health sciences, and now getting married. It’s so little, but so big to happen in just 4 years.

And I’m so ready to be ing cuffed this man and make him mine.”

“And that’s what I love to hear,” I turned around to see Baekhyun striding in looking as handsome as ever in his pinstriped suit once again. I seen him in it already, but now that it’s happening, he’s glowing. He had his hair slightly permed and down on his forehead making him look cuter. In our wedding photos, he had it up and off his forehead and as much as I like this cutesy look, I miss the forehead. I think he mentioned that if he had his hair up, he might look too y and that I might pounce on him again.

“Okay, we’re done,” Wendy patted my shoulder and readjusted the tiara one more time. “I’m going to go greet the family members and bring them in for the photos.”

After she left, Baekhyun quickly came over to me to smash his lips onto mine. I groaned and pressed into him more wanting to feel him as much as he did. “My beautiful, oh-so beautiful princess,” he cried. “You’re- you… my god…”

“Baekhyun,” I let a tear fall from my eye.

He let his forehead fall against mine with his eyes closed. He let out a shaky breath before speaking. “I’m speechless… I saw you like this before in Japan, but I can’t believe this is all happening and you’re all mine to have to myself. I… you must promise me you won’t leave me. You just can’t.”

“I won’t and I can’t leave. You’re being overly dramatic,” I brought my hands up to his supple cheeks and tapped my fingers gently against him. “Baekhyun, look at me.”

He obeyed. “I’m never leaving. You told me that I’m getting married to you no matter what and now I’m going to tell you that after this you’re never leaving me no matter what. So, when we leave the alter today, you better be by my ing side every second after that.”

Baekhyun cracked a smile and I followed suit. “I love when you curse like that. It’s so… y.” He reached in his back pocket to pull out another white leather box.

This moment that we are sharing is just for us to spend time together before we are fully married and for the family photos, and for him to gift me my final wedding ring and I to him. I easily gave him his since his was a very simple gold band with a row of diamonds that resembled mine.

My ring was the special one that he has been waiting to give me all year long. He popped the lid open to reveal a princess ring. Now when I said he really wanted to live up his princess fantasy, I really meant it, and this fully confirmed it. The band was slight curved up into a ‘V’ so that it didn’t settle right on top of the engagement ring but more of accompanied it.

“It’s gorgeous and it’s everything I dreamed of,” I pulled him into another kiss.

“I knew you were as as I was,” he faked cried. “We’re perfect for each other.”

I slapped his chest. “Oh, shut it. I’m glad you’re admitting that you’re a .”

“But you like,” he leaned back in slowly to my lips, just before we were interrupted.

“Ah!!! You’re soooo pretty!” Joy ran in, shoving Baekhyun to the side, and engulfing me in a big hug. “Okay, pictures, pictures.”

“Nice to see you too, Joy,” Baekhyun huffed out.

“Uh-huh, okay, Seoul, you look like a queen!” Joy sat down on the couch next to me and threw Baekhyun her phone. “I want personal pictures with her.”

“I’m groom though.”

“Okay, groom, take these pictures of the bride and I, will you?”

 

Not much went into the wedding ceremony. It was the very typical I walked down the aisle with my father as Baekhyun burst into tears and then I started crying, my father cried then my mother. Everyone was crying. Fun times! I mean, it was fun because I am now officially Mrs. Byun.

I do believe that Baekhyun is relishing in that way too much. Very so often, every time he calls out, “Mrs. Byun~” Of course, I don’t mind it, but he loves it so much.

It’s crazy to think that I’ve been waiting to find my one true love for those past 19 years of my life and questioned why no one ever asked me out. Was I really not attractive or was I too intimating to approach? But not too intimating to be friends because for sure I had a good amount of guy friends that came by, but it never turned into anymore than a friendship since I wasn’t interested in them and vice versa. I even questioned my relationship with my friends. Why I never felt welcomed by them or cherished like they would with our other friends. I guess out friendship was just not at that level yet. But we were friends for years? That just says it’s not really the amount of years you were friends, but the effort and connection you make with them is what makes you stick together. I for sure put too much effort in the relationship that I never got in return.

The moment I stepped out of my shell and moved away was the game changer. Usually I had to the one to make a move in trying to get to know everyone, even when I didn’t want to with my introverted personality, it was the only way to make friends. Here though, everyone kept coming to me and made the effort to befriend me and I felt so welcomed and cherished by everyone (although, we can exclude the said those said girls back in Spring quarter of my freshmen year). I finally got to experience what it felt to have someone truly care for me and was willing to listen to my problems and just not nod their head and dismiss it later. It started with Changkyun then Jongdae and finally, Baekhyun.

Baekhyun didn’t have much going on in life, or so he thought. Upon meeting me is when he started questioning his life choices and started to decide what he really wanted. It seemed that I wasn’t mentally there and didn’t know how to make up my mind and he had helped me get to the point that I know that I don’t need those other friends and that I could confide in him and Chanyeol, Jongdae, Joy, and Wendy; the closet people to me that had shown an interest and effort to be friends with me. With Baekhyun it was more of the physical decisions than the mental ones. He got the job and worth ethic that he wanted, and he was sufficiently happy with what he was doing, but he wasn’t exactly there on the rest his life. Did he want to have a wife and family? He was only caring for himself and didn’t think that he needed to care for anyone else. Luckily, he didn’t turn into a self and greedy person and not know how to take care of another person.

Truth behold, Baekhyun only wanted to befriend me because I was new around town and I was living in the same home as him so he might as well get to know me, even when he wasn’t going to be home all the time. There was just something about me that pique his interest, especially when all the guys at home were saying that I was extraordinarily cute, and I could be his ideal type.

He liked how shy I was and that there was a mysterious side to me. Probably, it was because the people in town are open and expressive that it’s hard to come by an extremely shy person. Yes, introverts do exist in town, but not my level of homebody-ness. Shy by nature, but there was something hidden within the forest that he wanted to find out as Baekhyun would say.

It was like the time on our first date when he had asked why I barely talked and realized that I had some sort of trauma or just disappointment that no one would ever listen to me. He also was intrigued by my intellect. I always would say that I’m not intellectual or I’m not very opinionated about certain things, however, once the conversation starts and the gears start working, I can say some pretty smart stuff. Baekhyun would call me a lowkey intellectual.

Baekhyun learned from me that it’s okay to take breaks due to my introvert-ness. It’s taken him years to learn that, which is quite surprising but hearing from everyone in the Ahn’s home then it has been years and the fact that I changed him from a workaholic to just an easy-going guy that fast meant something to him and he was willing to see what more things I could change about him and with that he began to realize what more he wanted instead of the static happiness he gave himself and the numerous his students presented him every quarter.

He knew that I was someone special and someone worth risking things for. He knew that I was someone that needed someone closer to me and someone that needed that cherishing since my past relationships with people where a bunch of jokes. I needed something better than that. I brought the fun out of him. I was the dynamic changer in his static routine.

Sometimes the thought is that I’m the only one in the relationship that needed the love from a significant other and yet, Baekhyun needed it as much as I did.


WOOHOOO~ I wrote this because it felt a little unfinished??? I don't know maybe becasue I always end my other stories in marriage and it didn't feel right to not end this in marriage either. I wanted to try something new so maybe the next one, I'll try to not end it in marriage and just leave it at a happy ending. I hope you enjoyed this extended ending and you got to see a little more into Baekhyun's head and his -ness