family

in this handmade heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it was starting to get dark outside. maybe too dark. what day was it? wheein didn’t think she could tell anymore. of course she was exaggerating. or so would yong tell her every single second she’d knock on the hospital’s door to ask if the baby was already here. in this world. not in the baby world.

 

it had turned into a repetitive routine of theirs. wheein would wake up from a short nap, she’d get a chocolate bar from the vending machine, knock on the door insistently - even if byulyi yelled at her to go away! in the middle of a contraction - and ask for the baby only to have yong repeat the same words over and over. 

 

not. yet. 

 

“you know it’s only been a few hours, right?” hyejin calmly asked her as she uninterestedly inspected an old magazine. 

 

the pout only made the maknae laugh at her. 

 

“it’s not funny. do you know how much i’m suffering here?” 

 

a scream was heard coming from the private room. then some cursing. most definitely byul. as if to make a point. 

 

one that wheein pretended not to understand. “even more than that.” 

 

“oh, if only she could hear you right now.” hyejin teased but didn’t go further. the abandoned chocolate on her right was far more interesting than poking fun at her best friend. 

 

with a huff, wheein finally sat back down. “don’t get mad when i end up being the favorite aunt.” 

 

“i won’t get mad over that anymore. i don't care.” she said, mouth-full. 

 

“well, i am impatiently waiting for them to be born.”

 

“i am, too. impatience makes me hungry.” the chocolate disappeared to prove her statement. wheein knew, though, that even if hyejin looked calm on the outside she could be terribly shaking in nervousness on the inside. 

 

her theory was confirmed when a very flippy yongsun emerged from the room again and hyejin almost threw the magazine away in fright.

 

the triumph made her feel proud of herself. 

 

“you guys do know we can hear you, right?” 

 

“with so much yelling going on i honestly didn’t think it would be possible.” it wasn’t the best time for hyejin to try to piss byulyi off, but honestly, would she ever get another chance? 

 

as if on queue, the miserable rapper screamed from the inside. 

 

“you’re dead to me!” 

 

a nurse appeared and wheein was thankful that she wasn’t going to have to witness the murder of her closest friend that day. the door was immediately shut, leaving the pair in a wrecking anxious silence again. 

 

“if this takes more than a day i’m going to charge yongsun.” wheein grumbled, getting up to buy yet another candy bar. 

 

───── ⋆⋅🌙☀️⋅⋆ ─────


 

three hours and a nap later, wheein woke up to find herself surrounded by balloons, confetti, giant teddy bears and at least 10 hilfiger and gucci bags. the suspect was back to the chair next to hers with the addition of a stuffed animal - a lion - pressed to her front in a tight hug. 

 

when reproachful eyes reached hers, hyejin shrugged with a smirk. “i am going to be the favorite aunt.” 

 

───── ⋆⋅🌙☀️⋅⋆ ─────

 

an hour and three managers to help later, wheein's side of the hallway was as full of gifts as hyejin’s was. the doctor almost tripped when he stepped on a balloon with his feet tangling in streamers. 

 

with just a little bit more of bad luck, the two youngest would’ve had to either deliver the baby themselves or face yongsun’s rage. the former sounded like the best option. 

 

only seconds had to pass after the doctor snitched on them for the leader to finally open the door again. the screams had somewhat gone down, but they could st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter