002

(BxB) My ghost
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The cause[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Seungcheol was secretly investigating about Jihoon after the ghost told him a little of himself from what he still remembered in which only about how he died. Jihoon didn’t remember anything else about himself. Luckily Seungcheol’s team didn’t receive any big case so he could have some time to spend finding out about Lee Jihoon but it’s hard without much clues. He let Jihoon stayed at his place. Some more discovery about ghost he realized when he first brought Jihoon home. The said ghost could really touch things unlike the other ghosts he have encountered. Jihoon also felt tired the same way a living human did because at one point the said ghost was energetic but later on he lost his will to move, unlike the normal ghost didn’t have fatigue feeling. Seungcheol also took those differences as a clue in his secret findings.

“Seungcheol.” Seungcheol startled and looked up. His team leader was standing across him staring at him. “What are you doing? We’re going out now, our team has been called.” Seungcheol blinked. Jihoon who was standing beside him also nudged him slightly for not answering the leader. The ghost would sometimes follow Seungcheol to work as he wanted to help plus Seungcheol didn’t really mind the company. Somehow Jihoon being around him made him a lot more at ease rather than leaving the ghost alone at his place.

“Oh, okay. Sorry.” Seungcheol quickly kept away the file he was looking through and took his stuff to follow his team to the field. It was his leader, him and another guy.

“Are you okay, Seungcheol? You’re distracted.” The other guy, Seungcheol’s partner asked.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry.” The partner nodded and they followed after their leader who decided to drive this time. Jihoon also tagged along and sat beside Seungcheol’s partner as Seungcheol sat at the front seat.

Not long of the drive, they reached the crime scene. It was a suicide case given the situation at the surface, they were called just for casualty and confirmed it further. The leader told Seungcheol to interrogate the person found the body while he took the partner with him to inspect the dead.

“I’m Officer Choi, I have been told you’re the one who found the body. May I ask few questions?” The mid-20 guy just nodded his head slightly. He looked shaken and Seungcheol understood it of course. “Do you know the lady?”

“Not personally, but we have talked few times as we’re neighbour.” The guy said pointing to the room beside the one Seungcheol’s team went into.

“How did you find her?”

“I wasn’t home last night because I’m on night shift. When I came back this morning, I smell smoke from her room. At first, I thought it’s me who isn’t in right mind from lack of sleep but I just had the feelings to knock her door. No one answered it making me worried. So, I decided to call the guard to open her door.”

“Why you’re worried? You have seen any abnormality of her?”

“The wall is thin here, so I kind of know her morning routine. On working days, usually she’s up early to clean house and cook for herself before going to work that started on noon. I thought she might burn something so I’m worried.” The guy answered. Seungcheol nodded and wrote down his statement. He also asked few more questions and the guy answered it the best he could. It’s very sure that it’s a suicide as it’s happened in the locked room with burning charcoal.

“Thanks a lot for answering.” Seungcheol finished the questioning. The guy nodded and pulled out his hand. Seungcheol blinked and stared at the hand.

“I understand. Please investigate further, if it’s a murder than the culprit shouldn’t get away. I don’t know but there’s no sign of her will kill herself...” The guy said. Seungcheol nodded and shook the hand.

“We will do our best.” Seungcheol said. He winced when Jihoon shrieked beside him. At instance he turned forgetting they had company. Luckily Seungcheol just glared at him.

“Sorry but I somehow recognized that tattoo on his hand.” Jihoon said. Seungcheol promptly turned back to the guy who looked at him confusedly. Seungcheol ignored the stare and looked at the star tattoo on the inner wrist. “I have seen this... I think before I died.”

Seungcheol looked up to the guy as he let go the hand. “Sorry, it’s just I find your tattoo is cool and unique.” The guy blinked and looked at his hand.

“Oh, this.” He showed the tattoo. “It’s a famous one, to whoever like tattoo arts. It’s symbolized the brightest star Sirius.”

“I guess many have the same tattoo?”

“It could be the case, but there’s slightly different in design depends on the shop you go is specialized in western or eastern design.” The guy smiled. “You want to do it, sir?”

“I will think about it.” The guy nodded lightly.

“You can just search ‘Sirius tattoo’ on Google, surely the suggestion will come out.” Seungcheol nodded and thanked him.

“Why you didn’t ask him if he was at that place during my death?” Jihoon asked when they walked away from the guy. Seungcheol shook his head.

“It’s not the right time. We will investigate about the tattoo first, I have his information, and we could find him another time.” Seungcheol whispered softly on for Jihoon to hear. Seungcheol re-joined his team.

 

 

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Jihoon asked as he was seated in front of a box of fried noodle. Seungcheol glanced once to see Jihoon was using the spoon to feed himself. In front of the guy, there’s an electrical joss stick. Even Jihoon could touch things, but for him to really eat the food there’s still a need to burn the joss stick. Seungcheol discovered it few days ago. There were many things that Jihoon could do unlike the other ghost Seungcheol had encountered. Yet, he also didn’t know the answer why Jihoon was different.

“I will eat later.”

“What are you doing?”

“Looking through the data of the customers who had the tattoo we discovered two days ago.” Seungcheol said. He’s off duty today and decided to dedicate his whole day to crack any information he could get from the tattoo. Jihoon didn’t say anything but finishing his food. Seungcheol was silently focusing on his task.

Some moments later, a rustle of plastic came near to him. Seungcheol startled and turned. He saw the hanging plastic bag containing his lunch. He looked up to Jihoon who the one was holding it. “Eat first.”

“I can eat later, Jihoon.”

“No, don’t get sick because you want to help me. I don’t like it...” Jihoon pursed his lips. Seungcheol looked at him before chuckling. “Why are you laughing?”

“Because you look cute.” Jihoon blinked and blushed away. He put down the plastic onto Seungcheol’s lap.

“Shut up and eat that.”

Seungcheol smiled, he set aside his laptop. “Okay I will eat.” Jihoon didn’t say anything but just walked away. Seungcheol took out the lunch box and began eating. Jihoon didn’t return but Seungcheol could hear the guy at the kitchen doing somethin

Please log in to read the full chapter