001

(BxB) My ghost
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The first meet[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]The eight years old boy blinked as he looked at the guy who suddenly stood in front of him. He frowned as he saw a blue glow around the guy. “Who are you, hyung? Why you’re blue? Are you a superhero?” The boy asked innocently. The guy blinked as he focused his eyes on the boy.

“Wow, you actually can see me.”

“Is it strange? Ah, you’re a superhero who isn’t supposed to be seen! I’m sorry!” The boy said with lowered head, scared a little. The guy laughed hard, it’s quite some time since he laughed this hard the last time he remembered.

“I’m not a superhero, kid. I’m a ghost.”

“Ghost?” The boy tilted his head as he cowered a bit. “Dead people?” The guy nodded. “But hyung doesn’t look scary like how the ghost in the movie.” The boy blabbered, getting his confidence again. The boy was actually scared of ghosts and horror movie. The guy smiled and reached out his hand trying to pat the boy’s head who was so cute in his eyes. But his hand was just going thru the boy’s head. The boy also startled when he saw that. “Woah.”

“Well, that’s a proof that I’m a ghost.”

“I can see you, hyung?”

“Well, you are.” The boy pursed his lips thinking hard. The guy looked at him.

“If all ghosts are like you unlike the movie, I have nothing to worry about.” The boy was about to say something more when someone called his name. It was his mother calling him to go home as it’s already late.

“Seungcheol ah! Come on, we’re done. It’s going to get dark.” The boy turned back to the guy.

“Hyung, will I see you again?”

“I will be here, so just come any time, boy.”

“My name is Seungcheol. Tell me your name once we meet again, hyung. See you.” The boy, Seungcheol ran to his mother who was waiting for him to leave the graveyard. His mother wanted to visit her late father’s grave and brought him together for the first time.

It’s Seungcheol’s first time seeing a ghost and he learned along the time that the older ghost he met wasn’t the only one he could see. It was a secret he kept to himself as he realized no one believed him when he told someone about this, even his parents.

 

 

Few years later

Seungcheol walked out from his door and locked it. He made his way to the elevator, ignoring a certain massless entity that had been following him since three days ago.

“You, please help me.” Seungcheol ignored the voice that only he could hear. A snort heard and the light in front of elevator began to blink eerily. Seungcheol sighed and pulled out his earpiece, placing it on.

“I told you yesterday, I can’t.” Seungcheol said, pretending he was on the phone. At that the light stopped blinking.

“No, you should at least try.” Seungcheol glared at the ghost beside him, annoyed.

“You’re saying I didn’t ing try? I do and I get scolded by my superior.”

“You’re a detective cop, it should be easy.”

“You, when you’re alive, watching too much dramas it seems. Real life is different.” Seungcheol got into the elevator to the basement once the door opened. The ghost followed along.

“Please, I could feel the injustice inside of me. And you also said I have purple aura. That means I don’t know how I die.” Seungcheol sighed again. He felt stupid that he recklessly answered that question when he first met this lost ghost. Well, on his defence, he was just back from a 36-hour duty so he was lack of sleep and not thinking well.

Years along he accepted the fact that he could see ghost, he learned few things about the moments after a human’s death. Every dead will wake up from its sleep, in ghost/soul form after an hour from the death’s time. Unlike the scary picture of ghost in the movie in which Seungcheol hated so much, they looked the same as humans except that they’re paler and had a coloured glow or aura around them. The colours Seungcheol ever encountered were blue, purple, red and white. He discovered the colour has its meaning. Red is for the ghost that have unfinished business before they died, blue is for the ghost that has some lifespan left when they died (usually the one who was killed by someone else or die from illness), purple is for the ghost that don’t know how they died, and lastly white is for the ghost that is ready to go ‘above’. Seungcheol wasn’t sure if there’s any more colour than these four. He also found out the ghost couldn’t touch something or someone physically but they’re powerful enough to use their mind to control things, like the blinking light earlier. Just it depended on their own control for how not to make them weak to do such things because a ghost naturally couldn’t do harm to the alive.

Seungcheol got into his car and the ghost followed along, it was powerful enough to have himself seated on the passenger seat. Seungcheol drove out from his apartment basement. “Look, sir. I really can’t help you. I need someone else more powerful to look into your file. Seriously, can’t you think of any enemy who might killed you?”

The ghost sighed. “If I remember I would tell you but I can’t!” The ghost said frustratingly. A day after the first time met this ghost, he checked up on it and found out the ghost was a rich guy that died recently in a fire. The case was closed as accident when there’re lacks of evidence to convince the law that it was a murder like the first report. And when Seungcheol tried to access the case, he didn’t have enough authority for it. It was fishy and Seungcheol tried to use other option but he was watched by his superior so he couldn’t do much.

“Look, I need time. So, could you please be patient a little? Stop following me around.” Seungcheol said softly. The ghost sighed and nodded. It wasn’t the first time he met an impatient ghost like this but it’s tiring for Seungcheol too. Sometimes, he cursed himself for having this ability to see ghost but he realized, sometimes after seeing the ghost moved on to the next step, it’s satisfying for him.

Seungcheol arrived at his station. The ghost got out from the car but he didn’t follow Seungcheol inside. The detective was glad the ghost listened to him. Few of his co-workers greeted him while he was getting inside to his desk. “Morning, sir.” Seungcheol greeted his superior. The older man nodded a little as an acknowledgement. Seungcheol sat at his desk and started to work.

 

 

Seungcheol exhaled as he felt the pain the purple ghost was feeling at the moment. It took him few weeks to crack the case and he managed to

Please log in to read the full chapter