• III • 100sub special!

Rockabye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After no more than 40 minutes, Jongin parked his car in the underground parking of his building complex and sighted, gracelessly landing his forehead on the steering wheel.

His heart still ached - very few wolves were lucky enough to know who their destined mate is from first sight. Most of them came to know this after they first kiss their chosen one - they say you cold feel how your souls are bound or if you're lucky even see the red string that conects you for a few seconds after the kiss.

And there he was - gifted to recognise his soulmate when he meets him, blessed by the moon Gods in his dreams, but unable to be a real alpha and take care of him like he should.

A thousand thoughts bloomed in his mind - what if their wolves were destined mates, but their human selves were not meant for each other? What if Sehun was to find the calm caring beta partner he dreamed of and Kai was to rule the pack, but never find peace and happiness for his wolf?

Suddenly he was afraid. Most of the omegas he had met were after his wallet, loving his luxurious apartment, expensive car and his future position as a leader. Now that he saw Sehun, someone different, he didn't want to spend his life with someone superficial. The blonde omega's witty, a little cold but intelligent attempt to make him back off turned out to be very alluring.

***

On Tuesday morning Sehun woke up early, somehow nervous and distressed.

After drinking his tasteless, deep black coffee, he went out of his small apartment, getting to the internet cafè nearby as fast as possible.

After one hour of strenuous work on his " Trends in Christmas red " article and another dose of cheap coffee, he started fidgeting nervously with his phone.

He had to call his brothers, he really had, but how do you call someone you haven't spoken to in years just like that? What if they start laughing at him, moke him? What if his mother got angry that he contacted him?

Eventually, after 20 minutes of anxious staring at the screen he pressed the call button. The annoying Christmas melody that announced that he was dialing only drove him closer to ending the call.

' Hello? ' a confused voice picked up and the blond omega shivered a little, making a mental note that his brother sounded more masculine now than he did 10 years ago. Of course he did, it was only natural…

' Hyunwoo-hyung… it's Sehun… ' the younger whispered, sounding weak and scared and a second of silence followed.

' Out God… I… Are you okay? Is mom okay? We send you packages, but we always had them returned, we weren't sure if you… ' his brother started and for a second Sehun really felt guilty. Just a second. Then hatred rushed back.

' We… we are both fine. I always wondered how did you find my address in Seoul, but I didn't feel like accepting the presents, I hope you understand… ' he sighted, trying to keep himself composed. ' How is Dongwoon?'

' I do and... He is… doing well. He misses you the most, you were really close after all… he insisted that father finds your address and somehow… keeps track on you… '  the older answered, trying not to make the topic sound as sensitive as it was. ' Does that mean we shouldn't send anything this year? We didn't really want to bother you but… you are my younger brother-'

' It's… it's not that. ' Sehun interrupted him and took a deep breath, continuing with a cheerful voice. ' I also wanted to send presents for you this year but… I didn't know if you're mated or if you already have children so… '

' God, we lost contact for so long… ' Hyunwoo sounded really sad, but suddenly went cheerful with his next sentence. ' I found a mate two years ago. You'll like him, and he has already seen photos of you, but you are just a child on them… and… we have a baby daughter. She already calls Dongwoon uncle, I guess it's a surprise that she has another one? ' he chucked, then went back to giving the info. ' He has a very cute boyfriend, I guess they'll mate soon. You should meet him too. '

' Hyung, I know we're living in the same city but… I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter