•X•

Rockabye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: I CAN'T BELIEVE that 3 years after I started this fic and almost 2 years after I stopped updating at all people are still reading it and now it has (almost) 500 subscribers! Thank you everyone! I was actually || this close to deleting it, because my own writing makes me cringe, but seeing that there are people who are actually reading this, I decided not to.

 

In loving memory of the times when I was actually excited about this story, I decided to recycle some old drafts and post a 500 subs special! Just in case you're interested in a character Q&A or even an author Q&A, you can drop your questions into the comments. 

 

Also, I have 2 or 3 one shots (read: shameless sekai ) and some Chanhun drafts in progress so in case you're interested in beta reading, please leave me a message.

 

Now, please enjoy this chapter. Happy (almost) 500 subs, Rockabye!

 

***

Sehun was already done changing, the glittery makeup from his photoshoot still on when Tao sneaked into his changing room, wrapping his arms around the omega from behind. 

 

'Great job today, sweetheart. I can't wait to see you catwalking. You'll look magnificent. '

 

The younger smiled shyly, then fished his phone from his back pocket and snapped a photo of them in one of the mirrors.

 

After that, the blonde reached for a pad soaked with micellar water, but Tao stopped his hand, kissing his cheek.

 

'Keep it on. I like how it makes your eyes stand out.'

 

'You know what else will make my eyes stand out?' Sehun asks, turning in the bear's hands to face him. 'The pretty outfit I've chosen for that New Year's Eve party Baekhyun managed to get us a table for.'

 

'I don't know, Sehunnie... I feel like your friends dislike me, although they have never seen me and they invited you, not me...' Tao says, sighing softly.

 

'Jongin is anything but my friend and Chanyeol classifies as my best friend's fiance, so both of them are not someone you should be worried about.' Sehun whispered, giving the older's lips a short peck. 'Also, it's so hard to get entry for one of these cool parties it's basically a once in a lifetime thing. Please...'

 

'You are now a model. Soon you'll be swamped by invitations... but if you really want to, who am I to say no?'

 

Sehun smiles from ear to ear at that and wraps his arms tightly around the beta, kissing his jaw.

 

'You are the best!'

 

***

 

'I'm going to be sick.' Jongin mumbled before swallowing his fourth glass of martini for the night. Sitting on a lavish table on the second floor of the luxurious bar, he was looking down at the dance floor at Tao and Sehun swinging together in the rhythm of whatever song was playing. 

 

'Your other option was a corporate party with some middle aged idiots.' Baekhyun tilted his head and Chanyeol laughed. 

 

'Investors, baby, they are called investors.'

 

'At least I wouldn't have had to watch my soulbound dry-hump some other guy all night.'

 

'Then look at the bottom of your glass, you might as well drown in your despair or something. Man up, go flirt, I can smell at least 80 unmated omegas in the room.' Ravi hummed.

 

'What's your problem with that anyway?'

 

'Well, if we were into the tribal lands, you would have ripped that beta to ribbons by now, but here the best you could do was to growl like a puppy as Sehun introduced him. As I said, that civilised life you're living is lame. You are missing on the most beautiful omega I've ever seen on New year's eve and honestly? You're killing the mood.'

 

'If we were in the tribal lands, with my status as future pack leader, Sehun wouldn't have had the right to reject me.' Jongin relaxed his head back, swallowing softly. 'But I don't want him shackled to me like a slave, so calm down.'

 

'You alphas are no fun...' Baekhyun sighed, lifting his shoulders. 'He is happy now. Knowing Sehun, they might stay together, but they'll never officially mate. Jongin, you can just... find somebody. Anybody, basically. No omega would reject you, except for that blonde one over there.'

 

'If Chanyeol ever left you and I told you to go find someone else, would you?' Jongin asked, one hand gripping his glass so hard it looked as if it might shatter. 

 

'Not happening. Ever.' Chanyeol chimed in and soon enough Baekhyun was on his lap, holding the sides of his face and leaning in for a passionate kiss. Their bodies made small rolls and careful movements, as if to adjust perfectly to each other at any given moment. One of Chanyeol's large arms was wrapped around the omega's narrow waist, the other resting on his hip. The bar was too dark for Jongin to register the movement of their lips and too noisy to hear any sounds they could have been making, but he was positively entranced. The image shifted in his mind, morphed into something else and then it was him and Sehun kissing. Slow, tender, not rushed and full of regret like their last and only kiss.

 

Then, the bar lounge shifted as the real Sehun plopped on it, legs wobbling after all the dancing and the alcohol in his system. 

 

'Can you watch him for me for a second? I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be back in a sec.' Tao asked, giving the omega a forehead kiss. Jongin had to physically restrain himself from growling again at the shared touch. 

 

'How's the party?' Ravi asked, smiling smugly. 

 

'I've never had more fun. They had these cocktails with edible glitter and... ' Sehun giggled. 'I might have had a bit too much. I'll be fine in a minute.'

 

Jongin sighed at that stood up, only to pull Sehun by the wrist flush to his chest, making the omega sit right next to him. To his credit, Sehun did try to pull away, but his body lacked strength... and leverage.

 

'You alright, feisty one?' Ravi chuckled, looking at Jongin instead of Sehun whom he was talking to.

 

'Yeah, just a bit tipsy... I think it's because I lost some weight that the cocktails hit me a bit harder than expected...'

 

Jongin gave Ravi a light nod, his expression twisted in displease, and the redhead stood up.

 

'I'll be right back. Make sure Chanyeol and Baekhyun don't eat each other while I'm gone.'

 

***

 

Tao was washing his hands when the bathroom door opened. Ravi - the tall alpha friend of Jongin's he had just met tonight came in, scratching his neck and leaning on the closed door.

 

'I get you don't like me, you needn't come wait for me in public bathrooms and attack me or whatever.' The beta huffed, lifting his shoulders.

 

'Me? No. I have no reason to. Jongin on the other hand? If he finally lets go of his control and beats you into a pulp, I'd be more than happy to watch.'

 

'Why are you here then?'

 

'It's Sehun, obviously.' The alpha rolled his eyes. Tao thought that if not for his apparent dislike towards him, he might have found the alpha amusing,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter