•IX• 400 subscribers special

Rockabye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Although Jongin's dream after the bond breaking fiasco had been a small mercy and allowed him to hope that his relationship with Sehun will improve, nothing of the sort happened.

The blonde drifted away further, if that was even possible. They didn't talk anymore, never exchanged any messages and as much as the alpha wanted to go to the cafe Sehun worked at and see him, he did his best to resist the urge and held back every single day. He had promised Sehun that he won't make another scene in public and he was planning to stand by his words. If he was going to prove himself as a worthy alpha, making sure his word held some value was a good first.

From time to time they met with Chanyeol and Baekhyun and were now halfway done with the wedding planning. Jongin didn't want to use those moments to approach Sehun either. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were where the omega had tried to put his limitations months ago. Jongin would have spared himself the heartbreak if he had only listened to him back then, took him seriously.

He had spend the last 15 minutes trying to explain this to Baekhyun. They had decided to go look for a wedding gown for him today (Jongin more of a driver than a companion). Being the superstitious pup he is, Chanyeol insisted that he shouldn't see his omega's attire before the wedding because it would bring bad fortune, so Jongin picked Baekhyun up from their apartment, then drove off to Sehun's so they can all go to the wedding salon together. The brunette used the chance to basically interrogate Jongin, trying to get any information about the latter's current relationship with Sehun. The younger omega refused to tell Baekhyun anything, which only fueled his best friend's curiosity.

" There is nothing to know, nothing happening. And nothing is going to happen, most probably. I believe Sehun told you the same about a thousand times... " the alpha sighted, his left hand resting on the steering wheel in a poor imitation of a calm manner, because his fingers were most certainly scratching the leather, the topic too sensitive for his liking.

" I appreciate the fact that you don't want to use our meetings to talk to him but... I still believe you two can be happy and neither I nor Chanyeol will mind even if you have an outright argument in front of us. " Baek answered, a small chuckle leaving his lips, a forced one, meant to lighten the atmosphere.

" It's not about you tolerating us, it's common sense that we should not act like we just got divorced around other people. "

" Breaking a soulbinding is worse than a divorce. Just saying. " the brunette tilted his head and observed, but Jongin just shook his head and pulled off on the driveway of Sehun's apartment complex. 

" Just call him and tell him that we are waiting. I need to drop you back around 6, then I have to attend a dinner party. "

" You and your businessman fun... " the omega chuckled and dailed Sehun's number.

***

About half an hour later they were ascending the wide marble stairway of the wedding salon. Chanyeol had far less money than Jongin in his bank account but the last few months he had spend more than the businessman's yearly expenses. He had no second thoughts about blowing all his money for this wedding as long as it was perfect and insisted that Baekhyun should be dressed in finery for the occasion. 

As a fashion major Sehun had visited a lot of boutiques before and was by no means stranger to luxurious clothing, but he was usually there to observe, not shop and was genuinely excited.

Jongin watched in awe and with curiosity as the two omegas discussed every single piece of clothing available. Eventually, they settled for a few they particularly liked and an assistant from the salon followed Baekhyun into the changing rooms to help him put on the luxurious attire. It was more of a process than an act, Jongin realized, and every 5 to 10 minutes Baekhyun would show up in a different piece of finery. Sehun, always gazing at him with love and adoration would make a ton of comments - about how the texture of the fabric matched ( or contrasted against ) the older omega's skin, about what type of shoes might look good with it or how the cut could be altered to outline Baekhyun's beautiful body better. 

Jongin relished in that - seeing his omega so passionate about something. Around him Sehun was usually grim and on-edge, but as much as it hurt, today he wouldn't even spare him a glance. The alpha hoped it had to do with shopping and not Sehun finally turning the page in his life, deciding that he was done with their little drama.

During one of Baekhyun's longer stays in the changing room ( as Sehun instructed him, " Be very careful with this one, that lace fabric is very gentle, we don't want you ripping a hole through it, do we? " ) the younger omega decided to look at the veils displayed in a different section of the salon. The variety was great - from short, simple ones to cathedrals of silk chiffon that required a set of bridesmaids trailing behind, carrying the fabric, from sheer net to intricate lace, everything one might think of.

A member of the staff, a lady in her fifties most probably, with short blonde hair and the straight posture of a retired ballerina tiptoed to him the moment he entered the sector.

" What a beauty we have here.... " she whispered, close enough for him to hear, as she was most likely just trying to get his attention. " I know just what will suit you well, come come... " 

" I... I am not-- " he started, but she interrupted him with a tug on his arm and half-dragged him to a dresser table, pushing him down to sit on the small chair.

He again had no time to object when she came back with one of the veils from the display then started combing his hair - he yelped in pain every now and then as she, with skilled fingers, pulled on his hair with a comb and secured a headpiece to his blinde locks, attaching the veil. It was, without any doubt, mesmerising. The sheer fabric was decorated with embroidered white flowers and here and there- with a golden threat, which made Sehun's otherwise pale skin and blonde hair glow.

The omega himself was staring at his reflection in the mirror of the dresser table before something snapped in him and, clumsily tugging at the headpiece, took the veil off, yet again yelling comically at the way he pulled on his own hair.

" I am not getting married... I'm here with a friend... " he mumbled and put the luxurious accessory down, standing up in a haste.

" Oh... I'm sorry then. But I believe that fine man there would have pulled you straight in front of the altar if you had kept this on for a second longer. " she said and nodded to the left. Sehun looked in that direction instinctively and saw Jongin leaning on a wall, eyes glued on the dresser table where the veil now laid. Eventually the lady noticed Sehun's unconcealed discomfort at the implication and gave both of them a knowing look, then bowed and approached another client. How enthusiastic about her job, really.

***

Three more hours. That's how long it took after the awkward exchange for Sehun and Baekhyun to buy everything they needed. The gown they choose was somewhat classical and gentle, and as hesitant as the older was in the beginning about the feminine style, he was now sure that the beautiful silk that outlined his narrow waist and complimented his bright brown eyes would make Chanyeol's head spin. They also bought a pair of crystal glasses, rimmed with gold, ordered a bouquet, specifying where they want each flower and spending 20 minutes on looking at wrap samples but Jongin was too out of it to get angry or even annoyed.

After dropping Sehun off and helping Baekhyun bring their purchases up to his front door, he drove off and rushed to his apartment, quickly calculating that he could get 20 minutes rest before freshening up for the dinner he had to attend.

Flopping on one of his leather couches, he put the flat white box he had been carrying all along in his lap and pulled at the bow, untying it gently. A beautiful veil laid folded in it, the headpiece and the golden threads glistening like the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter