• VII • & 200+ subs!

Rockabye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

please, look at the author's note at the bottom ♡ + happy 200+ subscribers to Rockabye!

 

' You may be right that we need to know if it's true, but I have one condition. ' Sehun stated, lifting his gaze to meet Jongin's. ' If you are right and we are soulmates, we will break the bond. '

 

 

All of Jongin's emotions disappeared in this moment. It was all emptiness now.

 

 

Sehun noticed his puzzled, shocked expression and sighted.

 

 

' If I am your soulmate and I find somebody else, you'll be cursed. Although I won't, it still sounds scary. So, to eliminate the risk, I'm gonna set you free so you can choice a mate and we'll forget about all of this. If it is even true. ' the omega explained, adjusting the blanket that was wrapped around his shoulders.

 

 

' No I… why break the bond Sehun? Imagine what it will be if… ' Jongin started, but was soon interrupted.

 

 

' That's my condition. Either test your theory under it, or leave me alone once and for all. '

 

 

There came the question - how bad did Jongin really need to know? And, if Sehun was his soulmate, will breaking the bound stop the pull he was feeling to the omega?

 

 

There was only one path to those answers.

 

 

The alpha nodded, not entirely convinced that he really wanted to accept Sehun's condition, but anyway put a shy hand around the omega's waist to hold him at place and leaned in, gently connecting their lips.

 

 

Everything became different that moment - every object, every sound, the dust in the air, everything disappeared to turn into white, glistening light, one that was cold enough to make two people long for each other's warm embrace, but also burn hot in the pit of their stomachs.

 

 

But Sehun didn't react.

 

 

He only pushed Jongin's hand down from his waist and never moved an inch while the older was gently moving his lips in the kiss, never responding, never closing his eyes to see this magical white light which only shone for the two of them.

 

 

When Jongin eventually got enough of the feeling and backed away, the air around them smelled like vanilla and tonka. Satisfaction, that's what Jongin felt, sense of accomplishment, love and after that - a wave of regret.

 

 

After gaining enough consciousness to process the situation, he saw the omega staring down at a thin,red thread that was connecting their chests. It was real.

 

 

It was the reason of every dream, every pull, every longing.

 

 

' I really, really hope you're having second thoughts now.. '

 

 

***

 

 

Sehun may or may not have had second thoughts, but he never told Jongin.

 

 

Even if he considered keeping the bond for a moment, he pushed this idea away the moment it bloomed in his mind. That was not an option.

 

 

And how could he when he remembers it all so vividly as if it was yesterday?

 

 

His brothers told him it started when he was born, but the omega could not be sure.

 

 

Their father, who carried the genes of a white wolf, desperately wanted a white alpha son, a heir of this genes.

 

 

And when his white child was finally born, he couldn't be more disappointed - Sehun was an omega, a waste of this priceless heritage. The man blamed his mate - he said that if she was an alpha female that wouldn't have happened.

 

 

His anger first manifested as a loss of love. The man's instincts wouldn't allow him not to take care of baby Sehun, but he became ignorant to his mother.

 

 

As the omega boy grew up, he became a witness of a lot more than just cold attitude. Sehun's mother was frequently hit by his father, later slaps and kicks turned into real, full force beating, verbal humiliation and even at loss of actually feelings the alpha would use his mate to pleasure himself, not always consensually.

 

 

Dongwoon and Shownu would try to protect their omega brother, to prevent him from growing up like this, but they were both too young to really come up with an efficient way to do that.

 

 

Eventually, the members of the family parted ways. Mr. Son took his alpha sons and moved to the city, leaving Sehun and his mother alone in the tribal lands, the two omegas even adopting the family name Oh, breaking every connection the family had.

 

 

Soon their house started crumbling, their food supply was really limited, they were living unprotected and when Sehun's first heat came his mother considered marrying him off to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter