• VIII •

Rockabye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soon enough, Sehun was awkwardly walking next to Jongin through the Christmas village. It was not very crowded, the alpha even succeeded in parking the car nearby.

 

 

The two were an awkward sight - the blonde was looking down, never sparing Jongin a glance, while the latter was occasionally brushing his hand to Sehun's, as if wanting to hold it.

 

 

' In the car… I couldn't sense your scent. Did you… start taking blockers again? ' the dark haired asked at some point.

 

 

Sehun nodded - he was not proud of his ways of dealing with his second gender, but not radiating such a sweet scent made him more confident and relaxed in his own skin.

 

 

But he didn't want to explain himself. He knew his behaviour was unnatural and didn't want it to be the subject of their conversation.

 

 

Meanwhile Jongin asked himself - why would a beautiful creature like Sehun deprive himself from his scent like that.

 

 

A few minutes of walking later, the younger stopped - a man was playing the violin on the street, the beautiful melody thou was not catching the attention of many people so no money were left to the street musician.

 

 

Sehun listened, and Jongin did too - the two of them silently enjoying the tune as the violin player was happy to have some audience.

 

After a few minutes, the omega pulled his wallet out of his back pocket and opened it, gathering a few coins and leaving them in the instrument case in front of the musician.

 

 

Jongin noticed that Sehun had almost no other money - the bills section of his walled only contained a few food coupons.

 

 

' You… why did you do that you… ' he started, but Sehun gave him a sign to shut up and went back to listening to the sweet tune.

 

 

Jongin's heart ached - Sehun was too kind-hearted for his own good. The alpha could not process why such an angel had to have a sad fate, but then remembered that only people that suffer are blessed to have a soulmate.

 

 

And Jongin had carelessly accepted to break the bond and with it - Sehun's chance of being happy for once. Sehun, who was an angel and whose place was up in the sky next to all the ethereal shiny stars, Jongin was ready to leave him.

 

 

The two had unconsciously gotten closer while listening to the music, Jongin almost hugging the omega from the back. The musician started playing something softer, the cold around the two boys making them dizzy enough to act according to the pull between them.

 

 

Until Sehun realised the shift of atmosphere, bowed to the violin player and continued walking.

 

 

' You have no money, let alone enough to give it away to other people… ' Jongin finished his remark from earlier, but the omega just chuckled.

 

 

' It's really hard to play the violin like that when your fingers are freezing. And this person probably has a family waiting for him at home. I can take care of myself somehow. '

 

 

' If you were this considerate when it comes to my feelings, I would have given you the world already. '

 

 

' Didn't we close the topic? ' Sehun said, containing some of his annoyance.

 

 

' We did, we did. ' Jongin said, lifting his hands up in defence, laughing softly. ' Just saying thou. '

 

 

***

 

 

Later that week, the day of the bond breaking came.

 

 

Sehun didn't want to procrastinate, so when Jongin came to pick him up he insisted they go straight to the pack lands.

 

 

During the car ride Sehun was leaning in his palm, elbow on the car window and watching the word outside, body pressed to the door of the passenger seat, as far as he could from Jongin, while the alpha made sure to turn on the air conditioning in the car in a high setting, so the other is warm for once this winter.

 

 

Parking the car near a forest, they took a small walk to Wonsik's hut, not uttering a word the whole time - Jongin felt shame because of his spinelessness when it came to Sehun's decision and the omega some guilt - if someone else was the alpha's soulmate, they would've be living happily together by now.

 

 

The red haired didn't smile when he opened the door, he didn't feel it's appropriate, but he eyed Sehun and when they entered trew Jongin a compassionate look - the omega was undeniably gorgeous and he would've been happy for his friend if he got himself such a partner.

 

 

The pack magician gave them two small cups of something that looked a tea, thou the liquid was not that clear, it was almost impossible to see the outline of the bottom of the cups.

 

 

' When you drink it you'll have a few minutes before you fall asleep. Your souls will leave your bodies for a limited time and transfer to a very special dimension. There you'll have to wonder around for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter