• II •

Rockabye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday night came faster than expected.

Baekhyun had cooked the most delicious smelling steak he could, Chanyeol had rearranged the furniture, so the dining table would be closer to the fireplace, which, in spite of living in an apartment he insisted on having in his living room. Even Jongin, whose time - table rarely spared him the discomfort of doing extra work at home had found a way to arrive on time. The excited omega had served a salad as a starter and his future mate had poured them sweetish red wine.

Only Sehun's place was empty, he was more than one hour late. - Chanyeol, being the polite person he is, insisted that they waited for him before they served the dinner, but his boyfriend was pessimistic.

' You don't know him, Chanyeol, but I do. ' Baekhyun sighted, holding back a few sour tears. ' Sehun is not coming. Let's just… eat… '

Meanwhile, a minute or two after, while the omega was preparing the plates in the kitchen, the doorbell rang. Not wanting to interrupt his work, Chanyeol left their guest alone for a second and opened the door hesitantly.

In front of him a young, blonde man, slightly shorter than him was snuggling in an aged, shabby coat, too thin to protect him from anything more than some autumn wind, let alone from the frosty fog outside. He continued shivering, never letting out a word and after a minute of uncomfortable silence, Chanyeol decided to start a conversation.

' Excuse me, mister, but isn't it quite late for you to be outside, on a stranger's door… ' he said, unable to decide if the will of his inner alpha to protect his home and shut the door was stronger than human part, that wanted to help the blonde.

' I… I'm sorry for disturbing you, I'm searching for the apartment of Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol, it should be on this floor… ' the stranger mumbled, voice weak, full of shame and regret, as if he wanted to run away, but he couldn' tmove.

And then it hit Chanyeol - the sorry sight in front of him was Sehun, Baekhyun's best friend, the one who loathed alphas and was to become a fashion designer.

' Ouh, than you are… please, please enter, it's really cold outside… Baekhyun! Can you please come… ' the alpha said, trying to contain any sign of pity or surprise, urging the newcomer in.

Soon enough, Baekhyun appeared in the hall and eyed his best friend with a certain amount of worry, while Chanyeol closed the door and exchanged a few confused looks with Jongin, who was now curiously watching the scene, leaning on the frame of the door to the living room.

The next second the two omegas were hugging each other, Baekhyun somehow relieved to be in Sehun's cold embrace.

' I'm sorry, I couldn't call to tell you that I'll be late, I… closed the cafe and went to the bus stop, but then I found out that I have no money to... ' the blonde started explaining himself but the other omega gasped and interrupted him.

' You walked? All the way here? God, are you crazy… you are so cold I can't sense your scent glands even when I'm hugging you… or are you taking suppressants again? '

' No… I don't hide my scent while I'm at work, it makes clients suspicious and the manager of the cafe forbid me. ' the blonde sighted, than Baekhyun gave him one short hug before leading him into the apartment.

' I… I thought you won't come… Chanyeol, can you please give him a blanket, he should wrap himself in something better than the coat, I'll make him a cup of tea… excuse me for delaying the dinner… ' Baekhyun said, directing a forced smile to Jongin, who just nodded.

The blonde omega had, probably unintentionally, moved closer to the fireplace, blushing, face filling up with colour thanks to the sudden pleasant heat. When Chanyeol brought a soft, velvety blanket for him, Sehun took off his coat, which turned out to be slightly damp because of the already melting snowflakes trapped in the shabby fabric.

Why don't I hug him, Jongin thought, it will make him feel better faster.

Seconds after that it slowly hit him - the smell of cherries and almond blossoms. And suddenly his mind was blank - the waves of it became more prominent as the blood rushed back to every cell of the omega's body, bringing his frozen flesh back to life.

He could've died outside. Jongin realised with a sight. But he is here now. 

The alpha was gazing a the blonde, who had sat down in front of the fireplace, legs crossed and also hidden under the blanket. Soon after Baekhyun gave him a cup of strawberry tea and served four plates of steak and steamed vegetables, but the younger omega turned out not to be interested in eating.

After overcoming the hypodermic state he was in, Sehun stood up from the floor and joined the others on the dining table. That moment Jongin was able to register his attire - high waisted jeans, a little vast on his thin legs, some regions of the dark blue denim more worn out than others, which the fashion student managed to combine with a plain white t-shirt and a narrow artificial leather belt that outlined his thin figure, but also told Jongin a lot about his poor diet.

' I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused but now that I'm here… I should formally introduce myself. I'm Oh Sehun- '

'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter