Part 8

Amazing You

She was lying next to me; breathing softly; obviously she was deep in her sleep. I stayed awake instead. We were holding each other; hugging tightly before she fell asleep against my chest. I couldn’t sleep because of the sincere conversation we had earlier on.

 

She wanted to propose to me. Well, she had the intention to make me her wife, but she was seeking for my permission even before she proposes. She knew. She knew my fears; my true feelings about what happened between us. And I’m glad she understood.

 

-

 

We laid in bed; felt each other’s warmth with our legs tangled underneath the blanket. She was staring intently at me while I kept my gaze at her. She then caressed my cheek with the back of her hand; the warmth from her hand comforted me.

 

“I’m sorry, baby. I’m sorry for what happened and this scar across your face. I could never forgive myself. It’s too early and too easy for me to forgive myself like this.”

 

I just kept quiet. I couldn’t find words to say anymore. Yes, I was terrified; I was afraid. But I couldn’t lose her so I just held in and pretended that I would be fine, but I knew I wasn’t at all. Yet, I couldn’t hide it from her. She knew.

 

And I’m glad that she did.

 

“I quit my job.”

 

“What?”

 

I didn’t know that. She didn’t mention anything to me.

 

“I don’t want to work anymore.”

 

“But that’s what you’re capable of.”

 

“No, I’m just capable to love you; look after you and being the best for you and everything that concerns with you.”

 

“If you quit your job, what will you be doing when we get back from this trip?”

 

“Bank Operations Manager.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I got a job at Moonbyul’s unnie’s bank. I will start working once we’re back from this trip.”

 

“You’re doing this for me?”

 

“For us.”

 

“But you’re getting a substantial pay-cut.”

 

“I have savings in my accounts. I have investments and some cash lying around somewhere. I don’t need to have a huge pay at the expense of losing my love to my stupidity.”

 

“Are you sure you can handle this? I don’t want you to regret this.”

 

“The only regret I had was when I didn’t protect you. So, I’m not letting myself repeating the same again. I’ll make sacrifices for us. Let me do everything for us.”

 

“It takes two hands to clap.”

 

“Yes, but you have been trying hard to assume your responsibilities as my girlfriend. As my partner. As my special someone. Yet I made use of you. I took you for granted. So, this time, I’ll do it.”

 

“So, you want me to trust in you whole-heartedly and believe in you that you will make us happy for the rest of our lives and for our future together?”

 

“Yes, with this ring, in the future hopefully; seal my life with you; be my lifetime angel and I’ll be your amazing you; your forever and you, my everlasting.”

 

She looked hopeful and I, my heart was moved; swelling with love.

 

“I trust you, Jung Wheein.”

 

“So, will you marry me?”

 

“Yes, I’ll say yes in a heartbeat. You can ask me a million times; I’ll still say yes to you. Because you’re my forever amazing you.”

 

-

 

I stared at the ring on my finger. Our new lives had begun last night. She’s now my fiancée. It was a simple design with a tiny little diamond in the middle. She said she would get a better ring, but she thought I would prefer a simple ring. And indeed, I do. This was good enough. It sealed our future together.

 

She’s my amazing you. My other half. And I was amazed in our journey of love. How she caught my eye; how I took so long just to know her name and how our lives kept intertwining; having issues at the crossroads and we almost our because we were complacent at some point of time.

 

But not anymore. This time, I pledge my heart; my love and I put my life in her hands. I know she will take good care of me. I know she’s going to be around all the time.

 

I took her hand; interlaced my fingers with hers; watched her as her eyelids moving rapidly before she slowly opened her beautiful eyes. She had a gentle smile on her face before she turned to her side and looked at me; smiling gleefully.

 

“Good morning, fiancée.”

 

She wished me. My heart leapt with joy. It felt so good to hear her voice.

 

“Good morning, sweetheart.”

 

“When did you wake up?”

 

“I stayed awake.”

 

Her eyes grew larger; she quickly got on her knees and looked at me; touching my forehead and anxiously caressing my arms and legs.

 

“Why? Are you sick? Does it hurt somewhere?”

 

“Yeah, it hurts.”

 

“Where? Tell me!”

 

“Here. In here.”

 

I pointed to my heart.

 

“What? Why?”

 

“Because I miss my baby when she’s sleeping, and I couldn’t get back to sleep because I couldn’t see her eyes.”

 

She was flushing red. Her cheeks blushed and she rolled her eyes at me. My cutest, little baby fiancée – how my heart wants to love her even more.

 

“Okay, so mushy but I like it.”

 

“I miss you so much.”

 

“Me too. Although I had a dream of you before I woke up.”

 

“And that’s not enough?”

 

“Nothing’s enough. How I wish I could glue myself to you.”

 

“Maybe we should find a way to do that. I cannot stand being away from you. Come nearer, please.”

 

She laughed before she hovered above me; trapped me underneath her. God, her stares. I could get lost in her eyes all the time.

 

“Now, I’m glued to you. What’s next?”

 

She grinned seductively.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe we should keep us warm this morning.”

 

“Sure, it’s my pleasure. I’m turning cold anyway.”

 

“Strip.”

 

“Wow, that’s bold!”

 

I didn’t wait. And she, she was letting me do it my way. We had the best morning for the first time since the last incident.

 

-

 

She kept yawning. We finally went down for breakfast. She was famished and I needed a distraction. Jung Wheein’s body was too y for me to ignore. I needed to stop before she died of too much or something.

 

“I’m tired.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Baby, you’re insatiable. I’m still weak in my knees.”

 

“You’re too y. Especially now you have lost weight and your jawline can cut me into two.”

 

“You’re exaggerating.”

 

“I’m pretty sure some women fantasize about you.”

 

“Say the pretty y woman with lean muscles and taunt abdominal muscles.”

 

“Babe, you left so many love bites on my stomach.”

 

“I’m marking my territories.”

I laughed. This jealous little baby fiancée.

 

“Now, I can’t go for pole dancing for next few weeks.”

 

“Stop flaunting your y stomach.”

 

“Next time, I’ll do it on you.”

 

“You’re gonna hang yourself on me?”

 

“Imagine I’m doing pole dancing on you.”

 

She was . I could see her dark lusty eyes staring at me in disbelief. She closed her eyes and probably counted in her head; she was trying to cool off.

 

“Baby, we just had 2 hours of rendezvous .”

 

“But you had fun.”

 

“I’m totally underestimating you. You’re such a ert!”

 

“Say the woman who screams my name a million times.”

 

“Shut up, Kim Yongsun.”

 

Her face was red. And I enjoyed teasing her. I was surprised at myself too. I couldn’t get enough of her. I had always thought Wheein would be the domineering partner. It turned out to be me instead.

 

We had our breakfast in silence; Wheein was obviously trying to control her urge. I stuck my tongue out when her eyes caught with mine.

 

“Stop gloating.”

 

“Baby, are you getting wet just imagining me and hanging on you?”

 

“I swear to God. You’re deadmeat later.”

 

“Try me.”

 

“KIM YONGSUN!”

 

I had a good laugh this morning.

 

-

 

“What did I say just now?”

 

I regretted teasing her too much. Now we were back in the hotel room; totally and she; she got me on my back; trapped me underneath her; pleasuring me and I had my 5th since we got back from our breakfast.

 

“I told you. If you’re a guy now, I’m probably pregnant by now. And we will get married with my stomach showing.”

 

“But I’m not a man and I think it’s perfectly fine that you’re enjoying this too much.”

 

She kissed me gently on my lips. My heart was thumping too hard; but I was glad she finally settled down next to me. Our rendezvous time was over. She took my hand and held tightly. She caressed the ring on my finger; smiling widely.

 

“Kim Yongsun, Jung Wheein’s fiancée. Jung Wheein’s property.”

 

I laughed; she turned to her side and rest her chin on my shoulder. Her arm was resting on my stomach.

 

“Yes, Jung Wheein. Kim Yongsun is your legally your property now.”

 

“I love you. I love you so much. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you forever and ever.”

 

She remembered my words. I smiled before I kissed her on the forehead.

 

“I love you too, Jung Wheein.”

 

-

 

We bought souvenirs for our friends especially our best friends. They had just texted us individually, saying that they have some news for us; waiting for us to head back. We said the same thing to them.

 

We have been travelling for the last 2 weeks; almost the whole Europe and we had the best memories. Like two nights ago, we had spent a romantic dinner in Paris; and we had visited the museums in Rome and Italy. Wheein loves it. Her eyes showed fascination and she was happy that we had so much fun together.

 

Once again, we held hands as we strolled down the streets of London. Beautiful and perfect; we had lunch and we just sat around in the park just like the locals did. I never knew love could be this beautiful; could be this wonderful and Jung Wheein proved to the best for me.

 

I never regretted my relationship with her. I was thankful that I fell in love with her. Suddenly, we heard someone singing. There were many buskers around in the park but Wheein was particularly attracted to this song.

 

And when she spotted the busker, she got up on her feet and ran towards the person. I was slightly alarmed when she disappeared just like that but got up as well. Then I saw her whispered something before she stood in front of me.

 

The busker smiled widely and passed her mic to her. She smiled widely at me.

 

“Hello everyone, I’m Wheein. I’m from Seoul, South Korea and I’m here to spend time with my fiancée. She’s the love of my life and I wanted to do something to show to her; to tell her that she’s all I ever need.

Her name is Kim Yongsun and she’s standing right in front of me now. I just want her to know that I love you. I wanted to sing this song to you today. Because from today onwards, as you start your new life as my fiancée, I need you to know that this is how I feel right now.”

 

I was embarrassed for sure, but I was also proud of her. Jung Wheein is a shy woman. She would never stand in front of the crowd like that; doing something romantic; doing something silly like this.

 

But not today. She did something and she did it for me.

 

And with the busker playing the keyboard; she started singing.

 

 

Don't the water grow the trees
Don't the moon pull the tide
Don't the stars light the sky
Like you need to light my life
If you need me anytime
You know I'm always right by your side
See I've never felt this love
You're the only thing that's on my mind

You don't understand how much you really mean to me
I need you in my life
You're my necessity
But believe me you're everything
That just makes my world complete
And my love is clear the only thing that I'll ever see

You're all I ever need
Baby, you're amazing
You're my angel come and save me
You're all I ever need
Baby, you're amazing
You're my angel come and save me

Don't the water grow the trees
Don't the moon pull the tide
Don't the stars light the sky
Like you need to light my life
We can do anything you like
I know we both can get it right tonight
You got your walls built up high
I can tell by looking in your eyes

You don't understand how much you really mean to me
I need you in my life
You're my necessity
But believe me you're everything
That just makes my world complete
And my love is clear the only thing that I'll ever see
You're all I ever need
Baby, you're amazing
You're my angel come and save me
You're all I ever need
Baby, you're amazing
You're my angel come and save me

When it comes to you
Baby, I'm addicted
You're like a drug, no rehab can fix it
I think you're perfect, baby, even with your flaws
You ask what I like about you
Ooh, I love it all

You're all I ever need
Baby, you're amazing
You're my angel come and save me
You're all I ever need
Baby, you're amazing
You're my angel come and save me

 

Her eyes were on me as she belted out her in her sweetest voice. She was smiling so much, and I couldn’t stop imagining my future with her. I subconsciously caressed my finger with my thumb as I focused on her.  

 

And the moment she stopped singing; I jumped on her. She caught me; hugged me tightly and buried her face in my neck as I cried softly on her shoulders. People were congratulating us; celebrating this happiest moment in my life.

 

We didn’t say anything; just our smiles on our faces and our heartbeats synchronized together. We don’t need words anymore. Because we already knew.

 

Our futures; our everlasting; our forever – it will just be me and her.

 

We promise, we will be the happiest couple in this world.

 

-