Part 6 - HwaByul Special

Amazing You

Moonbyul is a woman-magnet; an ultimate girl crush back in college. She wasn’t like this before. In middle up to high school, the lady was a little on the heavy side. She was teased; humiliated and rejected by many – both men and women.

 

Moonbyul decided to do something about herself. She started working out; at the gym during her final year in high school. She would exercise from 7pm – 9pm before she headed home. And from there, she met Kim Yongsun.

 

Kim Yongsun loves pole-dancing. She enjoyed it too much and sometimes she would practice from morning till night on her free days and every night on a weekday. From time to time, she got to know Moonbyul. They started working out together too.

 

Most of their close friends thought both were dating each other but Moonbyul knew Yongsun wasn’t that kind of person. Yongsun was confused with her own self. And Moonbyul had dated a million women but never Yongsun.

 

“Why haven’t you asked me out for a date?”

 

Yongsun asked her one day. Moonbyul was biting into her sandwich but stopped halfway; hanging open midway.

 

“What?”

 

“How come you have never asked me out?”

 

“You? Are you even sure about yourself?”

 

“I’m so confused as .”

 

“Exactly. I don’t date confused women. They are the biggest headache.”

 

Yongsun rolled her eyes and pushed Moonbyul away. They were having lunch together. Moonbyul’s favorite past time was to tease Yongsun endlessly. But she cares about that woman the most.

 

Once Yongsun dated this guy while both were working part-time at this burger joint. Moonbyul didn’t like him at all. He was such a creeper boyfriend. And he was too clingy and possessive. He fought with Moonbyul all the time.

 

Eventually, he was caught cheating on Yongsun and Moonbyul did him good. Yongsun had no idea what she had done to him but just let say, the guy left Yongsun and never even once appeared in front of Yongsun anymore. It was like as though he had disappeared from the face of this Earth.

 

Moonbyul had a small crush on Yongsun because Yongsun is pretty. She’s the easiest to tease and she would fight with Moonbyul over the smallest things. But at the end of the day, Yongsun would look for her; even if she was there to nag at Moonbyul; the younger lady wouldn’t mind at all.

One day, some lady caught Yongsun’s eyes. Moonbyul was surprised when Yongsun confessed to her one day.

 

“I like this girl.”

 

“Wow. You have finally figured out your dumb self?”

 

“Shut up. I want to talk to her, but I just couldn’t move my feet! She’s pretty too!”

 

“So, who is this girl who caught our Unnie’s heart?”

 

“I have no idea.”

 

Moonbyul rolled her eyes. But Yongsun suddenly got excited and she grabbed Moonbyul’s arms. She was shaking them violently.

 

“Unnie! It hurt!”

 

“Byul! She’s there!”

 

Yongsun pointed to the bus stop. The girl was sitting; with her feet hanging. Wow, she must be extremely short that her feet couldn’t touch the ground. But she’s cute.

 

“Go up and say hi to her.”

 

“Are you insane?! How could I do that?!”

 

“Unnie, it’s just like open your mouth and articulate your question. HI, WHAT’S YOUR NAME?”

 

“Girls don’t pick up on girls!”

 

“You know, that girl is really cute. Should I approach her instead?”

 

“NO! DON’T YOU DARE!”

 

“So, go! Before I really do.”

 

“Oh god, this woman! HEY! STOP PUSHING!”

 

Moonbyul couldn’t handle this woman. So she started pushing Yongsun towards where the cute girl was sitting. And the girl was already staring at their direction; with a confused look on her face.

 

“Wow, she looks like a cute Shiba.”

 

“She’s probably thinking we are insane! Stop pushing me!”

 

“I give you all the time you need. Now, just go up and say hi. Then ask for her name.”

 

“That’s all?”

 

“You can ask her if she wants to sleep with you too.”

 

Moonbyul’s forehead turned red in seconds. Yongsun smacked her hard.

 

-

 

It took this dumb Unnie almost an hour to just ask for the girl’s name. Moonbyul was about to lose her ; she was so tempted to throw her shoe at Yongsun. She rolled her eyes when she saw Yongsun hesitating to go forward.

 

“KIM YONGSUN!”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“SOME PEOPLE NEED TO EAT TOO, YOU KNOW?!”

 

“I’ll treat you later.”

 

“IT’S NOT ABOUT THAT! THAT GIRL IS WAITING FOR YOU TO APPROACH HER FOR THE LAST 30 MINUTES. YOU BETTER MOVE YOUR BEFORE I MOVE YOU MYSELF!”

 

“URGH!”

 

“GO!”

 

She finally did it. She finally asked for the girl’s name. It was so simple, and she got herself a number. The girl gave her number to her. Moonbyul smiled proudly. She was glad that Yongsun managed to find love despite that scumbag who broke her into pieces when he cheated on her.

 

Moonbyul looked at them for awhile more before she decided to ditch Yongsun. She got up on her feet and abruptly turned before someone walked right into her. The person’s face was squished in between her s.

 

Awkward. The person was stunned too. She pulled away immediately.

 

“Oh my god! I didn’t mean it!”

 

“It’s okay. I didn’t see you too.”

 

“I was running late. My best friend would kill me for it.”

 

“Oh, then I shouldn’t hold you back any longer. Go ahead.”

 

“Thank you so much! Oh, I’m Hyejin.”

 

“Moonbyul. Pleased to meet you.”

 

She smiled; her eye smiles formed a line. So cute; adorable and so so small and petite. Moonbyul’s heart was thumping like crazy.

 

Then Moonbyul realized where the small petite tanned lady was heading to. She was walking straight to the other cute girl whom Yongsun unnie was trying to say hi for the last hour.

 

“Oh? She’s her best friend.”

 

Moonbyul had ideas on her head.

 

-

 

One morning, Moonbyul was buying breakfast. Yongsun found a new friend. Her name’s Jung Wheein, the college’s prodigy. Moonbyul refused to be the third wheel. So, she spent most of her mornings at the café; drinking coffee and getting sandwiches for breakfast. Her usual routine – every single boring morning until she met that tanned lady once again.

 

“Hyejin shi?”

 

The tanned lady turned; scrunched her eyebrows together before she was enlightened to find a familiar someone.

 

“Ah, Moonbyul shi! How are you?”

 

“Getting breakfast?”

 

“Yeah, best friend dumped me for someone she met at the bus stop.”

 

“Ah, that will be my best friend.”

 

“Oh? Kim Yongsun is your best friend?”

 

“Yeah, guilty. She dumped me too.”

 

“Aww, that’s shucks. Give me a minute. I’ll grab something.”

 

“Grab anything you want. It’s on me.”

 

“Ooh, that’s nice of you.”

 

“I’m good like that.”

 

“Sheesh. Lucky, you’re cute. Get me set A please?”

 

Moonbyul laughed and ordered Hyejin’s breakfast before they spent the whole morning together just like that.

 

-

 

Moonbyul got her number. They met very often since that encounter at the café. Hyejin had this certain charm that worked Moonbyul’s heart in a way she could never imagine. Hyejin’s y. Her husky voice would get Moonbyul good. She loves to hold Moonbyul and then sometimes she would come close and hug Moonbyul for no reason.

 

Not that Moonbyul was complaining but it made her heart pumped like crazy. And Hyejin’s sweet smelling scent was not doing justice to her either. She wanted to smell Hyejin every day.

 

They got closer. They hung out together – all four of them. It was perfect excuse for Moonbyul to get closer to Hyejin and Hyejin’s heart was falling for this greasy monster too.

 

So, one night, the two decided to meet up without their best friends. They went on a secret movie date and Moonbyul had a ball of her time. They watched a romantic comedy; first Moonbyul chose the couple seats where there were no restrictions in between them.

 

Hyejin cuddled into her arms instantly the moment they sat down. They laughed at the funny scenes; then Moonbyul put her arm around Hyejin’s waist; Hyejin leaned on her chest; and out of sudden, they were kissing.

 

Moonbyul took the first step. She couldn’t control her urge; not to kiss this woman in front of her would be the stupidest idea. But as she contemplated, Hyejin already had a mind of her own. She already knew she wanted this girl in front of her. She wanted her so badly.

 

Moon Byulyi or affectionately known as Moonbyul caught her eyes at the first meet. When she awkwardly smashed her face into Moonbyul’s chest. The lady was slightly taller than her so the moment she looked up; Moonbyul’s smile was captivating. Her heart dropped.

 

Dropped like it fell into another dimension. Since then, she couldn’t stop thinking of Moonbyul. And when she found out that Moonbyul is Yongsun’s best friend, she couldn’t believe her luck. They got closer; sometimes went on secret dates without their best friends and as time passed by; Hyejin found herself falling hard for Moonbyul.

 

Today was the day Hyejin knew she couldn’t control herself anymore. Being this close with Moonbyul; locking arms with the girl; being in her arms; Moonbyul embraced her tightly and being in this romantic mood because of the movie; Hyejin lost her .

 

She leaned in for the kiss; Moonbyul was taken aback at first but she eventually warmed up to the kiss and pulled Hyejin closer. They let their lips lingered for a second before pulling away; faces red and shyness kicked in.

 

“Wow, that’s the best kiss I ever had.”

 

Moonbyul was almost out of breath as she struggled to confess. Hyejin really got her good.

 

“You know what, you’re the best kisser.”

 

“Best kisser?”

 

“Yeah, I have dated girls and guys before. You’re still the best.”

 

“Are we like confessing to each other right now? Or are we comparing our exes?”

 

“Shall we take it slow and explore what we might have for each other?”

 

Moonbyul smiled widely.

 

“Of course, I’d love that.”

 

That was their first official date.

 

-

 

“Yongsun unnie doesn’t know you’re dating me?”

 

“She gave me a super long lecture last night.”

 

“Why? She doesn’t like it?”

 

“No, she’s just giving me a warning not to break your heart.”

 

Hyejin laughed; Yongsun was that kind of friend.

 

“So, did you promise her?”

 

“Hyejin ah, I’ll never break your heart. I don’t know what you’re doing to me, but I cannot live without you.”

 

“Urgh, greasy!”

 

“But you like it the most.”

 

“I hate your confidence. I wish I could crush it.”

 

“I’m your girl crush, sweetie. You cannot get rid of it.”

 

The pair have been dating for almost two weeks. They met every day. They ditched their best friends every single time.

 

“Wheein didn’t buy it when I said you’re sick.”

 

“Yongsun unnie said go and die when I told her I was sick.”

 

“And what kind of movie genre you got for them?”

 

“Horror. Both hate that.”

 

“You’ll kill Wheein.”

 

“Don’t worry, Yongsun unnie might die first.”

 

“You’re so evil. I love you so much!”

 

“We think alike, baby.”

 

“Sure, we do. Now strip. I need your warmth.”

 

“Babe, I’m sick.”

 

“I don’t care.”

 

Hyejin didn’t wait; she pushed Moonbyul down to the bed. The older girl was having the sniffles and she wasn’t lying when she said she was sick. But that didn’t deter Hyejin from getting with her. Hyejin is the actual ert among the two.

 

-

 

They were having dinner together. But Hyejin was a little unhappy about something. And Moonbyul was not buying it either. They argued for the very first time.

 

“He’s just my Oppa from my hometown. We grew up together.”

 

“The way he looks you at affectionately and the way he calls you with so much devotion – I don’t buy that.”

 

“Fine, I had a huge crush on him but that was it!”

 

“I hate the way he looks at you and how he glares at me.”

 

“He glared at you?”

 

“Yes, Hyejin. He did. He wasn’t happy with me.”

 

“He’s just protecting me.”

 

“But why?”

 

“Because he’s like my Oppa?”

 

“Sunghooon-shi hates me. Period.”

 

“Oh god! Can we just drop this?”

 

“Fine.”

 

“He’s not the only Oppas who are protective of me.”

 

“What?”

 

“His friends are protective of me too.”

 

“FML.”

 

Moonbyul put her chopsticks down and shifted away from Hyejin. She had no mood to eat anymore. And Hyejin felt guilty. She recalled her encounter with her Oppa from her hometown. She admitted he was a little affectionate towards her.

 

She stared at her sulky girlfriend in front of her. Moonbyul wasn’t even looking at her. She was staring at her food; twiddling with the tip of her straw. Obviously, Moonbyul wasn’t happy at all.

 

And Hyejin hated it. She hated to see Moonbyul brooding over this issue all the time. She had some trust issues in men after what happened to Yongsun unnie few years back. She thought all men were just jerks. But Sunghoon oppa is not like that. Hyejin knows it well.

 

Yet she didn’t want to hurt her girlfriend anymore. She reached out and put her hand over Moonbyul’s arm. The girl didn’t have any reaction.

 

“Baby.”

 

Hyejin sighed as she slipped her hand and interlaced her fingers with Moonbyul’s. She then gripped Moonbyul’s palm tightly; hoping her girlfriend could feel a little comfort from that.

 

“Listen. Sunghoon oppa is the nicest guy I have ever met.”

 

Moonbyul rolled her eyes.

 

“Don’t roll your eyes. Please listen to me.”

 

Hyejin urged Moonbyul to look at her. The girlfriend gave in and looked at her.

 

“Can you? Just listen to me for a second?”

 

Moonbyul nodded like an obedient child.

 

“I know you’re protective of the people around you. Yongsun unnie, Wheein and myself – you want to protect us because you love us. But not all men are jerks. Yongsun unnie’s ex was probably one of them but you can’t generalize all of them.”

 

“I dated 2 jerks before.”

 

“You dated men?!”

 

“Of course, I did. They could just say they don’t love me instead of making use of me and letting me hate myself even more. I used to hate to see myself in the mirror. I still do.”

 

Hyejin gasped. She didn’t know about this. In fact, Moonbyul had never shared about her past that much with her. She quickly moved over and sat next to Moonbyul. She pulled Moonbyul towards her and hugged her tightly.

 

“You know, you’re more than what you think you could be. You’re my everything, my universe, my world and my ultimate sweetheart. You know I love you so much and not letting anything to come between us.”

 

“I know. I trust you. But I cannot trust guys.”

 

“Why don’t we hang out with Sunghoon Oppa and his gang? I want you to get to know them. Sunghoon Oppa always has that look but he’s the sweetest guy. And of course, he’s my food fighter too!”

 

“Oh, so he’s the guy who can eat without stopping. The one who ate 4 servings of meat all by himself?”

 

“Yeah, that’s the one. Trust me, darling. I’ll not fall for anyone because my heart has fallen into yours.”

 

Moonbyul grinned; her smile went from ear to ear. She turned around to give her girlfriend a big hug.

 

“I love you, Anh Hyejin.”

 

“I love you too, Moon Byulyi.”

 

-

 

“YA! STOP IT!”

 

Hyejin was annoyed. It was a big mistake to let Moonbyul meet up with Sunghoon and the rest of the guys. They took turns to bully her.

 

“That’s what happened when you let us get close to your boyfriend!”

 

“Moonbyul’s a girl!”

 

“To us, she’s a guy like us!”

 

“Baby, aren’t you spending too much time with them?!”

 

“Sunghoon hyung is the nicest guy on Earth!”

 

“What happened to those times when you got so jealous of him?!”

 

“You told me to trust him.”

 

“URGH!!!”

 

Hyejin rolled her eyes when Moonbyul gave some high-fives to Sunghoon. But deep down in her heart, she was glad that Moonbyul was opening herself to her beloved Oppas from her hometown.

 

And Sunghoon had promised to look out for Moonbyul.

 

“Oppa, she’s my girlfriend.”

 

Hyejin confessed to him one day. He met up with her for coffee and Hyejin had the intention to introduce Moonbyul to him. But she had to confess to him about who Moonbyul is to her.

 

“I already knew.”

 

“You do?”

 

“From the way she’s protective of you, the way she was defensive against me, I could sense that she’s not just a friend to you.”

 

“But she’s jealous of you.”

 

“Huh? Why?”

 

“You’re really close with me.”

 

“I watched you grew up.”

 

“I know and I’m really grateful that I have an Oppa like you. I only have sisters at home so having you as my big brother, it was something new for me.”

 

“Bring her to me. Maybe we should make friends. Then probably she will open up to me.”

 

And boy, Moonbyul really did. They clicked well. Soon, the two of them became extremely close buddies; like hyungs. And Moonbyul literally called him Hyung instead of Oppa. But Hyejin didn’t care.

 

Just as long as her girlfriend is happy.

 

-

 

Moonbyul had finally graduated. Yongsun and Wheein graduated with her too. They decided to meet up for clubbing to celebrate it. And she was excited about it. She took her whole closet to Yongsun’s place.

 

“Why are there only suits in your luggage?! You’re getting married or something?”

 

“We’re going clubbing. We must look presentable.”

 

“Geez. It’s a club not a wedding!”

 

“Shut up, Unnie. Hyejin loves it when I’m in suit. And I’m certain Jung Wheein will like it too.”

 

“Oh? Really? Let me see what you have.”

 

Moonbyul rolled her eyes. The mention of Jung Wheein would make this woman do anything. But she had to admit. Kim Yongsun looks good with anything.

 

“Holy ! How can you look so pretty and handsome at the same time?!”

 

“Stop spouting rubbish. Suits make anyone look good.”

 

“No, Unnie! You look really good in that! I’m falling in love.”

 

“Really? You will sleep with me?”

 

“You’re freaking me out.”

 

Yongsun giggled before she stared herself at the mirror. She was loving it. She was turning into a Cheshire cat.

 

“Wow, you’re right. I think I’ll look better if I chop off my long hair.”

 

Moonbyul’s eyes grew larger. She studied Yongsun’s facial features and agreed to it.

 

“You’re right but you love your hair. You sure you wanna cut it?”

 

“Wheein’s hair is longer now and she looks so good in it. I think I should cut it short to complement her looks.”

 

“Okay, then you should go now. I’ll prepare the suits for you.”

 

An hour later, Yongsun re-appeared. God dammit.

 

“WAH!”

 

Kim Yongsun was an attractive androgynous woman that night. Jung Wheein was the green-eyed monster who never let Yongsun go at all.

 

“Wow, did Yongsun unnie snap?”

 

“Why?”

 

“What’s with that yummy look?”

 

Moonbyul stared at her girlfriend.

 

“Baby, I’m wearing a suit too.”

 

“Geez, darling. I’ve seen you in suits so many times. This is my first-time seeing Kim Yongsun looking so good; like a delicious candy.”

 

“I HEARD THAT!”

 

Jung Wheein, the green-eyed monster screamed at her best friend. Hyejin rolled her eyes and Moonbyul was hugging her girlfriend tightly. In case, Jung Wheein wanted to attack.

 

“Wheein has gone crazy.”

 

Moonbyul whispered softly.

 

“She was planning to let Yongsun unnie rip my dress apart so that they can have rendezvous .”

 

“Tonight? Wheein is going to jump on her tonight?!”

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“I just talked Unnie into losing her ity tonight too!”

“God bless them!”

 

Then Moonbyul gave that sly smile; before she buried deep into Hyejin’s neck. She gave lingering kisses; Hyejin was whining but didn’t attempt to pull her away.

 

“Stop it before I really strip u here.”

 

Hyejin tried her best to hold back. But her annoying girlfriend was not buying it.  She had to edge her girlfriend further.

 

“Come and get me, Anh Hyejin.”

 

Hyejin growled and dragged her girlfriend to the washroom. Moonbyul was deadmeat.

 

-

 

Moonbyul works in a bank. She hates her job but that was the only thing she can do, and the pay was good. So, she got stuck in the job for the last 2 years. Hyejin is a free-lancer. She works as a part time model but most of the time, she spends her time writing songs and singing in the pub.

 

Majority of their home expenses were taken care by Moonbyul. Hyejin oversaw the households such as cooking, cleaning and taking care of her baby Moonbyul.

 

And they lived just two floors down from their best friends. They had a blissful relationship and Hyejin was happy with her life. Moonbyul completed her life.

 

“Honey, are you hungry?”

 

Hyejin was in the kitchen, making some snacks. Moonbyul had just returned from work and had taken a shower. She was resting on the sofa while watching television.

 

“Yes, please!”

 

Moonbyul jumped on her feet and dashed into the kitchen. She gave Hyejin a back hug; the girlfriend leaned against her.

 

“Hmm, smells good!”

 

“Why didn’t you eat lunch earlier on?”

 

“Oh, I was too busy!”

 

“Do you want me to feed you in the office one day?”

 

“I don’t mind.”

 

“Really? You’re a manager.”

 

“I’m willing to look like a fool as long as my wife is happy.”

 

Hyejin smiled before she gave a soft peck on Moonbyul’s lips. They gathered around the coffee table and Hyejin sat on Moonbyul’s lap. They were watching some drama as Hyejin kept feeding Moonbyul some snacks she made.

 

“Oh, did you call Yongsun unnie today? When is she going to pick up the cake?”

 

Yongsun made a cake for her upcoming 3rd year anniversary with Wheein. She had asked for their permission to hide it in their house. Hyejin was more welcomed to do so.

 

“Yeah, that’s odd. She didn’t call me for the whole day.”

 

“Did she manage to talk to Wheein?”

 

“I have no idea. Do you think I should call her? What if they are like, you know celebrating with so much love and ?”

 

“But they still need the cake. I had almost given in to my temptations to take a bite of the cake the whole morning!”

 

“Baby, I can get you a cake.”

 

“It’s a home-made cake.”


“Fine, I will force Yongsun unnie to make u one.”

 

“How about you bake me one?”

 

“Okay, let me register for baking classes!”

 

Hyejin laughed; Moonbyul was such a mood maker. Their relationship is a little bit longer than the other couple and it keeps growing stronger. But the other couple’s relationship was having some cracks lately.

 

“Baby, do you think they will be okay?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean, Yongsun unnie told you that Wheein never updates her about her schedules or flight details. But Wheein sent me her itinerary every time.”

 

Moonbyul frowned. That was something new.

 

“Really? Today was not an isolated case? I thought you asked her?”

 

“No, Wheein always updates me.”

 

“That’s weird. Why is she updating you but not her girlfriend?”

 

“Are they having problems?”

 

“Yongsun unnie complained to me. She said she has not seen Wheein or having dinner properly for the last one month. Wheein has been spending too much time in office or she flies around.”

 

“Babe, do you think you should call Unnie?”

 

“You think I should?”

 

“You call Unnie, I’ll call Jung Wheein.”

 

-

 

Hyejin couldn’t get through Wheein but Moonbyul did. And Yongsun didn’t sound fine. She was brawling.

 

“Unnie? What happened? Why are you crying like that?!”

 

Hyejin looked over her shoulder; she noticed the creases on Moonbyul’s forehead. Her girlfriend was worried.

 

“Stay where you are! I’ll go over.”

 

Moonbyul hung up and grabbed the spare key. Yongsun gave her one. She has given hers to Yongsun too. In case for any kind of emergencies, they can help each other out.

 

“What happened?”

 

“Unnie’s crying. And she’s like gasping for air. I have never heard crying so pitifully like this before.”

 

“Let’s go.”

 

The couple ran up the stairs and they were stunned beyond words. The moment the door was opened, Yongsun was on the floor; bleeding from the face and crying like a mad woman. And Jung Wheein was nowhere in sight.

 

“UNNIE!”

 

Hyejin’s heart dropped. Jung Wheein, where the hell are you?!

 

-

 

Moonbyul was pissed with Jung Wheein but Hyejin had to remain her cool. She had to play the peacemaker between them. She pulled Moonbyul away and urged Wheein to follow Yongsun to the hospital.

 

“Where is she going?!”

 

“Baby, she’s Yongsun unnie’s girlfriend.”

 

“A girlfriend will not hurt her love like that!”

 

“Baby, please calm down.”

 

“Did you see the injury on Unnie’s face?!”

 

“I know you’re mad.”

 

“I’m beyond mad. I’m pissed off! How dare Jung Wheein treats my best friend like that!!”

 

“Wheein’s my best friend. I’ll talk to her later. But you need to calm down.”

 

Moonbyul was breathing hard; tears pooled in her eyes. And Hyejin knows how much Moonbyul loves Yongsun unnie. She might be her girlfriend but Yongsun unnie is her soulmate. Yongsun unnie means so much to her. That’s something Hyejin couldn’t fight with. And she understood Moonbyul’s love for her just like how she loves Jung Wheein unconditionally.

 

She was stuck in between now.

 

“I’m sorry, baby. The anger got the better of me.”

 

“I know you’re upset. I’m equally upset. I cannot believe Wheein would do that to Yongsun unnie but trust me, Wheein loves her. She will regret this so badly.”

 

“Yongsun unnie is a strong woman. She’s straightforward and is never afraid to speak her mind. But for Wheein, she holds back; she keeps it inside; she endures all the Wheein put her through for the last one month. And I even urged her to trust in Wheein.”

 

“I know, sweetie. Yongsun unnie is the nicest person I ever met.”

 

“It hurts to see her cry just now.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Talk to your best friend, baby. I’ll stay with Yongsun unnie tonight. I don’t want to see Wheein yet.”

 

Hyejin nodded.

 

-

 

“What happened?”

 

Wheein kept quiet. She relented when Hyejin implored her to follow her. Moonbyul would be with Yongsun unnie instead.

 

“Jung Wheein, what happened to you?”

 

“I don’t know. I’m mad at myself now.”

 

“Have you fallen out of love with Yongsun unnie?”

 

“No, never. I’ll never do that. I love her so much, Hyejin ah.”

 

“Then why did you do what you did tonight?”

 

“I must have gone crazy. I must have gone bonkers. This is not a nightmare, right?”

 

“No, it’s happening. Yongsun unnie is hurt because of you, Jung Wheein.”

 

Finally, that button was triggered. Wheein broke down; buried her face in her hands and sobbed uncontrollably. Hyejin closed her eyes tightly before pulling her best friend towards her.

 

“You have a lot to do. You need to do something. Before you lose Yongsun unnie.”

 

“I can’t let that happen. I can’t lose Yongsun.”

 

“Take good care of Yongsun unnie from now onwards.”

 

“I will. I promise with my life.”

 

-

 

Things got better. Yongsun unnie and Wheein managed to get over that difficult moment. Yongsun unnie has forgiven Wheein and they decided to give their relationship a new start. Jung Wheein even quit her job. She wanted to spend time with Yongsun.

 

“So, where will you all be going now?”

 

“We’ll go for a short break in Europe.”

 

“Okay, that’s great. And you’re going to propose her there?”

 

Wheein nodded with a huge smile on her face.  Moonbyul was elated to know that Wheein has the intention to settle down with Yongsun after all.

 

“Good luck, Wheein ah!”

 

“Thanks, Unnie!”

 

They sent off the couple at the airport; Yongsun was smiling all the time. She had a month’s medical leave and Wheein quit her job so that she could spend time with Yongsun. Moonbyul managed to get an interview for Wheein at her bank. She would start work once she returns from her trip.

 

Moonbyul and Hyejin returned home after that. Wheein’s cat and Yongsun’s dog were left at their place. Hyejin had a hard time handling these little furry animals running around the house.

 

“CHILDREN! STOP IT! SLEEP!”

 

Ggomo and Jing stopped literally. They went straight to their beds and turned in for the night. Moonbyul was amazed.

 

“Wow.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“You’re one fierce Mommy. I can imagine our kids like that.”

 

“Kids?”

 

“Human kids.”

 

Hyejin’s eyes grew larger.

 

“What? I’m going to marry you one day. And I’m going to have children with you too. Have a family I mean.”

 

“You’re going to have a family with me?”

 

“Yes, why not?”

 

Hyejin smiled softly before she leaned in for a kiss.

 

“I’d love that.”

 

“I love you, Hyejin.”

 

“Love you to the moon, baby.”

 

-