Part 1

Amazing You

 

 

A morning where we open our eyes together

The house I comeback seeing you

You are mine, you are mine Amazing you

 

Sleeping, drunk from your amazing kiss

Amazing, amazing you, you are amazing

 

I still cannot believe that you are mine. Lying next to you on this huge bed; having you lying on my chest with one arm around my waist; you breathing softly against my neck and I, I’m staring into space; still in disbelief that the woman lying next to me is you. The one woman I love from the moment I laid eyes on you till this very day.

 

It seems just like yesterday; the very first second that I saw you; the very first heartbeat that skipped when you smiled at me – all memories are still vivid on my mind. Do you still remember that moment, baby? That moment when I came closer to you; you smiled shyly; your cheeks tinted red blush and your eyes sparkled when I said hello. Honestly, I was sweating bullets; I wanted to act cool; pretend that it was not my first time picking a girl up but , it was obvious that I was such a rookie on that.

 

The truth was, darling – that was my first time; my moment when I was extremely attracted to someone of the same species; same gender and same uality. It didn’t come across my mind that I would fall in love with a woman just like myself.

 

How did it all happen? I still couldn’t remember. I couldn’t understand it either. You were just standing there; minding your own business; holding onto your laptop bag with a 3-quarter khaki pants and white long-sleeves with a pair of white sneakers. You had your duffel bag hanging on the side of your left shoulder. You were waiting for somebody.

 

And I, I was annoyed with my best friend. She couldn’t keep still; kept poking my nose; pinching my cheeks and hugging me like I was hers. That moment when I set my eyes on you; she was kissing my cheeks and you saw it. And I was mortified. Remember? I pushed her really hard and she fell on her . And then you had to witness our argument; our stupid fight.  And at that point of time, I was cursing and swearing at myself.

 

Great. She had to see my ugly side. Damn you, Moonfart.

 

I don’t even know why your first impression meant so much to me then. I really wanted to just show the good sides of me, but I failed terribly. I just wanted to tell you so desperately that I wasn’t like that all.

 

Well, things turned out better than expected. Moonbyul threw me a challenge to ask for your contact number few days later. (I found out that you were studying in the same course as us!). It was insane; Moonbyul literally threw me into the battlefield without letting me have ammunition for myself. I swear that best friend of mine was out to kill me every single opportunity.

 

You know, it was so difficult for me to open my mouth; let alone standing in front of you – just the two of us. Your head tilted slightly; your eyes sparkled, and your gaze was boring into my eyes. I never felt so nervous before; my whole blouse on my back was drenched with my sweat. And all I had to do was to ask for your name. That’s crazy, right?

 

And I never regretted it. My hands were sweaty; I was stuttering but I managed to ask for your name. It was the most difficult task for me. Trust me, I almost wanted to vomit due to nervousness.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Hi.”

 

“Um, I – I…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I swear to God; my hands are shaking so badly and I’m sweating like a pig now.”

 

You chuckled softly. But you still waited for me; and whatever I wanted to ask from you. And I took a deep breath; wiped my sweat on my forehead and then cleared my throat.

 

“I – I just wanted to know your name.”

 

You burst out laughing. Gosh, your hearty laughter got me in my heart. And I think I was smiling like an idiot just watching you laugh. You probably realized it because you somehow stopped and then looked away. Your face was so red; like tomato. And it was the cutest thing I ever seen on you yet.

 

“Gosh. It took you half an hour just to ask for my name?”

 

“It’s difficult.”

 

“What is? Are you that shy?”

 

“I want to dig a hole and hide my face now.”

 

“Did anyone ever tell you how adorable you can get?”

 

“I got some things like you’re loud; you’re a dolphin screamer and sometimes unnie, you’re insane. I rarely get compliments.”

 

“Then I’ll be the first one to compliment you.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“My name is Jung Wheein. And I find you adorable.”

 

I wanted to faint, literally.

 

-

 

Jung Wheein. Her name is beautiful. It sounds perfect on my lips.

 

Jung.Whee.In.

 

Geez, and I never get tired repeating her name until Moonbyul wanted to shut my mouth with a masking tape. She’s shorter than me. But she’s smarter than anyone else. She’s a prodigy in the class. She’s younger than me by 4 years yet she was enrolled in the same course as me in college.

 

The professor mentioned before. Jung Wheein is the nation’s prodigy. She skipped high school and went straight to college. She didn’t even have to sit for the college entrance exams. Everyone was wowed by her; needless to say; I was one of her admirers.

 

But things got weird after that. One month after the first acquaintance, I got her phone number and I got to sit with her during lunch. She hung out with me more often than anyone else. Of course, with Moonbyul – that woman was physically attracted to Wheein’s best friend. She introduced Hwasa to us after a while.

 

I had this nagging feeling that Moonbyul was dating Hwasa shortly after their first meeting. Moonbyul moved fast; she’s a woman magnet. Every female in the college wanted her so badly.

 

“Where is Hwasa?”

 

Wheein joined me after her last tutorial. I was waiting for her at the cafeteria.

 

“She disappeared with Moonbyul unnie. I think they are going somewhere on their own.”

 

“Are they dating?”

 

“I’m inclined to say yes.”

 

“Geez. I’m so sorry. Moonbyul gets what she wants.”

 

“Don’t worry, her target wants her too. Let them decide what they want to do with their lives.”

 

So, we ended having lunch together – just the two of us. I discovered something about Wheein. She eats very little – she would take her time to finish her meal. I was the bloody opposite. I swallowed my food; literally. I bypassed the chewing part. I thought it was a waste of time.

 

“Oh, are you waiting for me?”

 

She realized my plate was empty.

 

“Wow, you ate really fast.”

 

“I inhaled my food without chewing.”

 

“That’s interesting. If that’s the case, we can go now.”

 

“Wait, wait. Aren’t you going to finish yours?”

 

“I hardly finish my food on daily basis.”

 

She smiled, cutely. And I, I was sunk in by her beautiful eyes. But food is important. So, I grabbed her plate and her spoon. She could probably finish it in another 2-3 bites. I decided to feed her.

 

“Come here.”

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“I’m feeding you.”

 

“I’m not a child!”

 

“You can do it!”

 

“Are you trying to motivate me or something?”

 

“Come on, just two bites! I promise!”

 

“You lie! You people always lie! 2 bites would end up with 5 bites!”

 

“No, you can trust me. Just 2 bites and I’ll put the spoon down.”

 

She eyed me suspiciously but nevertheless, she leaned closer and opened eventually. I fed her once, twice and I really put my spoon down.

 

“See! I kept my promise!”

 

She rolled her eyes at me but somehow managed a smile. That shy kind of smile and I found myself falling head over heels with Wheein’s smile.

 

-

 

Moonbyul literally pulled her hair. And if she could, she would throw those pile of notes down the drain.

 

“Let me die, Unnie! Let me die!”

 

“Go ahead. I’m not stopping you.”

 

“Evil woman.”

 

We were studying for our final year exams. Moonbyul was not really a studious type. She scrapped through middle school, high school and she was surprised she even passed her college entrance exams. I hated her for that.

 

“Shut up and study.”

 

“I refuse to.”

 

“Then do something else. Don’t distract me.”

 

She obediently listened and took out her phone from her back pocket. Her pouty lips turned into a cheeky grin. I could guess who had texted her.

 

“Unnie, do you want to hang out with Hwasa and Wheein later?”

 

“Why? Hwasa texted you?”

 

“Yeah, she said Wheein needed to let her hair down.”

 

“Wheein? The smart prodigy needs to let her hair down?”

 

“She’s a human just like us. A prodigy doesn’t mean she’s a robot. And please, this is your chance to confess your undying love for her.”

 

I rolled my eyes at Moonbyul.

 

“How long are you going to carry the torch for her?”

 

“She’s seeing a boy.”

 

“She can have a boyfriend and a girlfriend.”

 

“Are you on drugs?”

 

“It’s the millennium! Everyone is cheating on each other.”

 

“Are you saying you’re cheating on Hwasa?”

 

“Hwasa’s my wife. That’s different.”

 

“I don’t know even know why I’m having this conversation with you. What did I say about distracting me?”

 

“Just do it?”

 

“Go away. Far far away before this stapler reaches you.”

 

“I’ll tell Hwasa, the grouchy woman is coming too.”

 

“Shut up!”

 

Moonbyul ran off; knowing my foul mood was coming quickly. Wheein was attached. She wasn’t single and she was seeing a guy. Our relationship was moving well; we were inseparable. I really adore her, and I really enjoy my moments with her.

 

But then, one day, we were touching the topics on relationships. That was the day my heart crushed into million pieces.

 

“Unnie, are you seeing someone?”

 

“No, I’m single.”

 

“Oh, that’s too bad.”

 

“Why? What do you mean?”

 

“I thought we can double date. You and your boyfriend with me and my boyfriend.”

 

“Oh, you’re attached?”

 

“Yeah, I’ve been seeing this guy for the last 6 months.”

 

Geez, my world collapsed within seconds. My dream girl belonged to someone else.

 

-

 

“Are you avoiding me?”

 

Wheein appeared in front of me. Moonbyul dragged me to meet Hwasa and Wheein after our revision. I decided to back out at the last minute but Moonbyul was stronger than I was. She literally lifted me on her shoulder and ran out of the school gate with me screaming like a dolphin; demanding her to let go.

 

But I failed miserably. Wheein and Hwasa were waiting at the bus stop and I made a fool out of myself. It was awkward standing in front of Wheein. Okay, yes. I was avoiding her after her last confession.

 

Honestly, what did you expect me to do? I couldn’t control my emotions. I might lose my mind and do stupid things in front of her. And these two goons decided to walk ahead of us; leaving me behind; alone; full of awkwardness with Jung Wheein.

 

I know she was staring at me for the whole time I stood there. Her eyes were on me; I peeked and was taken aback when I saw her gaze. Her eyes were downcast. Like she was upset about something.

 

“Why are you avoiding me?”

 

She asked me again. Please, stop asking me. I couldn’t tell you anything.

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Yes, you are. I don’t see you at the cafeteria. After lectures and tutorials, you just disappeared. And you sat far away from me. You’re literally avoiding me and treating me like as though I’m invisible. Did I hurt you or anything?”

 

I didn’t reply. I was tongue-tied. My voice was lost. And I was holding back my stupid tears that were threatening to fall. Hearing her quivering voice didn’t help me much.

 

“You have been avoiding me for a month, Unnie.”

 

 She paused.

 

“And it hurts me so badly.”

 

I looked up instantly. She was tearing up; her eyes were red and watery. I was stumped; not knowing what to say. I was rooted to the ground and my heart was breaking to see her tears finally fell from the corner of her eyes.

 

“Why are you crying? Please don’t cry.”

 

“Tell me how.”

 

“What?”

 

“Tell me what I should do to stop these tears from falling.”

 

I was confused. What was she trying to tell me?

 

“I’m sorry, Wheein. I don’t understand.”

 

She then stepped forward; moved closer to me. She stood in front of me; the tip of our shoes was touching, and we were dangerously close. She looked up; her eyes once again boring into mine. Her lips were just inches away from me.

 

“I need something from you.”

 

She whispered. My lips were slightly apart; I was mesmerised by her gaze. I just nodded.

 

“Can you help me?”

 

“What is it that you need me to do?”

 

“Just tell me that you love me and I’m not stupid for letting him go just because I want to be with you instead.”

 

Her confession made me cry.

 

-

 

The night she confessed; got me reduced to tears and I struggled to breathe properly. She was terrified when I gasped for air; she held me tighter in her arms.

 

“What’s happening to you, Unnie?”

 

“I’m choking.”

 

“Why? You don’t like my confession?”

 

“I love it! I’m just like struggling to believe it’s happening to me.”

 

Wheein stared at her for few seconds before she burst out laughing. Her loving stare sent my heartstrings tugging before she sat down in front of me. Her arms were still around me; her warmth embrace was inviting.

“I broke up with my boyfriend. Every day is a struggle for me because you keep invading my mind. I don’t know what you did to me. And it’s crazy enough for me wanting to be with you and not him. I probably broke his heart, but I just couldn’t break my own when my heart clearly knows who it wants to be with.”

 

“Does he know why you broke up with him?”

 

“I’m always being honest with him. The truth hurts but I think it’s better to reveal it than to hide it from him.”

 

“Is he mad at you?”

 

“I guess he is still. But let’s not care much about him. I’m more concerned with us. Are you ready to take this ride? It’s going to be rough knowing that we are both girls and people might say things about us.”

 

I adjusted my seat and made her sit in front of me; between my legs. Her gaze was on me; I gently poked my finger into her dimple.

 

“I have never been with a girl before. This is my first time. And I have never really dated anyone before. Well, Moonbyul used to drag me out and called our outings “dates” but that was it. You know how annoying she could get so I didn’t see it as a date. I mean, I have never wanted to hold someone’s hand before but now, all I want to do is to fit my hand into yours and intertwined our fingers because I know these spaces between; fits yours perfectly.”

 

I took her hand and intertwined our fingers together. Her hand was warm; and my skin was tingling because I could feel her pulse on her wrist. I was holding her hand; tightly and it fit so well that I never want to let her hand go anymore.

 

“Now, I don’t want to let go of your hand anymore.”

 

She smiled; a tint of blush on her cheeks were evident. She then leaned closer; pressing her forehead against mine. She was eyeing my lips and I was staring into her face; so beautiful; so ethereal and the radiance from her face; the glow – I couldn’t stop staring. I swear.

 

“Then don’t ever let go. Don’t you ever let me go, Kim Yongsun. I’m not going to let you leave because I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Jung Wheein. Trust me. I’m not letting go of your grip so easily now.”

 

-

 

“YA!”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“And they say we are the worst couple ever!”

 

Hwasa and Moonbyul couldn’t handle us. We were greasier than them. We were so lovey dopey and at times, we were so cringey that Moonbyul wanted to punch me in the face.

 

“Stop it. You’re embarrassing!”

 

I literally ignored Moonbyul and pouted my lips when I realized Wheein was standing too far away from me. She was chatting with her best friend, Hwasa; leaving me behind with this annoying hamster.

 

“Unnie, you’re getting from bad to worse.”

 

“I learn from the best.”

 

“Who are you learning all these greasy from?!”

 

“Moon Byulyi.”

 

“I’M NOT THAT BAD!”

 

“You wanna bet? You can ask your girlfriend if she thinks you’re worse than me.”

 

She rolled her eyes but nevertheless went up to her girlfriend. True enough, Hwasa was rolling her eyes at her.

 

“How old are you? Why are you fighting with Yongsun unnie?”

 

“She started it first!”

 

“Most of your arguments started because you annoy her.”

 

Moonbyul turned childish after that; she started arguing with her girlfriend. Wheein had no choice but to return to my side. And I started acting like a child. I was so desperate for her attention.

 

“Wheein ah, hold me.”

 

“Okay, baby.”

 

Wheein reeled me into her arms before engulfing me deep in her embrace.

 

“Come here, baby. Let me kiss you.”

 

She then pulled me in; grabbed me by my collar and then bit her lower lip as her seductive gaze caught me in her web. I swallowed hard; then ran my thumb over her lower lip. Gosh, beautiful and y. She’s all mine.

 

One thing I like about Wheein is her kisses. She takes her time to build up the kiss; she lets her lips linger on mine; before she presses them fully on mine. And when the kiss starts to build up; I love the way her arms sneak around my neck and I pull her closer. Then we pull away slightly before she smiles.

 

Her dimple. It kills me all the time. You cannot resist her; she’s like an addictive candy and every time she whispers, “I love you”, my heart melts all over again.

 

“I love you, Kim Yongsun.”

 

I tightened my hold around her; pulled her closer and smiled widely.

 

“I love you more.”

 

-

 

We had our first fight of the century. We have been dating for almost five months. Our honeymoon period was over, and it was those moments where we had to learn to manage our relationships.

 

Before Wheein came along, I had never thought I could get jealous easily. I thought I was more level-headed. But boy, I was so wrong. The reason for our fight – my overbearing jealousy.

 

Her ex-boyfriend had a problem with his assignment. He needed Wheein’s assistance. Well, Wheein’s smart and everyone wants her to coach them. Well, some had hidden agenda. And I usually didn’t care much until I found out the reason why the ex-boyfriend kept bugging her.

 

Wheein felt sorry for him because she broke his heart. So, she still had some affection left for him. Of course, I was peeved. But I was the reason for his broken heart. So Wheein told me that she had to stay back in college to help him with his assignments, I relented.

 

She would stay for an hour on alternate weekdays but then gradually, she stayed behind every day and it would last for a couple of hours. Sometimes I had to eat lunch on my own. I was slowly getting annoyed at times.

 

“Again? But you had stayed with him for 4 hours!”

 

“This is his final year. So, it is a crucial year for him.”

 

“Isn’t he taking advantage of your affection too much?”

 

“I broke his heart.”

 

“And I’m getting punished because his heart was broken?”

 

Wheein sighed. I was too pissed off to say anything more. We were staring at each other for the longest time before Wheein pulled me into her arms.

 

“I’m sorry, baby.”

 

“Do you realize that I have been eating lunch on my own? And I hardly see you anymore. It has been 3 weeks since you started this coaching thing with him.”

 

“3 weeks? Really?”

 

“See, you didn’t even realize how long this had went.”

 

“Okay, today is the last time I’ll help him with his assignment.”

 

“You’re still going to meet him?!”

 

“Baby, I have promised him that I’ll help him today.”

 

“Fine.”

 

“I promise I’ll spend the whole week with you. I’ll stay over at your place, okay? Then you can have me for the whole night.”

 

“Whatever. Just leave.”

 

I took my bag and left. I hated the thought of her seeing him today but there was nothing I could do. She was determined to help him. Maybe she still loves him or something.

 

My mind went to a dark place. A scary, full of jealousy and dark corner of my mind. And I could feel anger seeping through my blood vessels; I didn’t like that guy at all.

 

And worst thing of all, Wheein didn’t even attempt to stop me when I stormed off. She just watched me; helplessly. I decided to walk home that day. I had too much anger; jealousy and annoyance in me that I was afraid I might snap at anyone who is within proximity with me.

 

I think I spent 3 hours walking from college back to my rented apartment. I finally cooled down; walking alone did work wonders. All the anger I felt inside faded and I started to have hunger pangs. Ramen would be good after a long walk.

 

But I was surprised to find Wheein in my apartment. She was sitting in the living room; with her feet up on the sofa; she looked anxious. And the moment she noticed me; she ran up and lunged herself at me. I had to hold on her tightly.

 

“I’m sorry, darling.”

 

I was frowning away. What was going on?

 

“I was in the wrong. I didn’t listen to you.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I confronted him after he gave me a ring just now.”

 

“A ring?”

 

“It turned out that he was trying to take me away from you. He knew we were having a lot of fights lately and I have been spending too much time with him. He thought he still had chance to win me over just because I was willing to spend time with him. You were right. He was taking advantage of my affection for him.”

 

Wheein looked at me; her gaze was soft. And she was feeling guilty. She continued.

 

“I told him off. I told him that I fought with you because of him. Then he had the cheek to say that you didn’t love me enough. You fought with me over the smallest thing. And that you didn’t trust me at all. He said so much load of rubbish that by the time he finished, I was extremely furious with him.”

 

“So, what did you say to him after that?”

 

“I don’t care if he fails or pass his exams. I don’t care if he can earn his degree. I don’t care if I break his heart and he must learn to get over it now. Because all I care right now is you and your heart. You must have been hurting so much that I never realize how stupid I was.”

 

I blinked my eyes a couple of times.

 

“And when I got here, I didn’t see you at home; I got worried. I tried calling you, but your phone was off.”

 

“It was?”

 

I took out my phone from my pocket. True enough, it was dead. The battery was dead, and I never realized it.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t realize it. I forgot to charge my phone today.”

 

“That’s not important anymore. What is important now that you’re here. You’re home now and I’m really sorry for hurting you.”

 

“I’m fine. I mean I got mad earlier on because I was just jealous. But after a long walk home earlier on, I just realized I was just getting mad over something silly.”

 

“It’s not silly. It’s fine that you’re mad because you’re jealous. It just goes to show how much you love me. You love me too much that you’re jealous of everything that gets my attention instead of you.”

 

“I got really silly though. I thought you might still love him. But that was just the jealousy.”

 

Wheein shook her head. She then cupped her hands on my cheeks.

 

“If you did the same thing to me, I’d get mad and jealous too. Because I love you. I love you so much. And you probably love me too much not to blow up at me just now. You just took off because you wanted to avoid any confrontation. You didn’t want to hurt me but instead you kept the anger to yourself.”

 

“It’s not my style.”

 

“I know. But you endured it because of me. Because you love me.”

 

“I can endure anything, Wheein. I could even die for you. That’s how much I love you.”

 

“And I’m not going to hurt you anymore. I promise you. From today onwards, all my time and attention will only be on you. You will have all of me and nobody can ever take that away from you.”

 

I smiled. That’s good enough.

-

 

Our first-year anniversary was such a special day for us. We have been together for a year and our relationship kept growing stronger. I had planned a perfect day for us; just the two of us. I packed lunch for our trip. And Moonbyul rented a car from her cousin for me.

 

“You’re going for a long drive to the countryside?”

 

“Yeah, and I have a surprise for her too.”

 

“YOU’RE GOING TO PROPOSE?!”

 

“We haven’t even graduate from college yet. How am I supposed to support her if I propose now?!”

 

“But you said there’s a surprise for her?”

 

“Wheein had always wanted a trip to the countryside. But she didn’t get the time to do it. She said she wanted to paint near the mountains.”

 

“Oh, so this is a surprise trip for her?”

 

“And besides that, I’ll be taking her to visit her family. She has not been able to go home to visit them.”

 

“Ah, Wheein will love this.”

 

I drove over to Wheein’s apartment which she shared with Hwasa. She was already waiting at the lobby; wearing her favourite bucket hat; a long sleeves shirt that looks like a tablecloth and a white tee underneath it. And of course, her forever baggy pants.  Honestly, Wheein could be wearing hideous clothes; I would love her the same.

 

But this girl just couldn’t care less about her own appearance. At least she wore the bucket hat I bought for her. She was waiting patiently and the moment she noticed me; her face perked up. Her smile was wide; from ear to ear and I felt lucky because she’s my girlfriend.

 

“You rented a car?”

 

“Yeah, I just wanted to spend time with you alone.”

 

“Ah, cheesy.”

 

I helped her with the luggage and dumped it on the back seat. Then she gave me a quick hug and planted a kiss on my forehead.

 

“You packed lunch too?”

 

“Just simple kimbap. We can get more at the rest stop.”

 

“So, are we ready to go now?”

 

“Let’s go.”

 

Wheein played some songs and soon enough, we started singing together. Wheein’s an excellent singer; her voice is so melodious. Lucky me. I have a smart girlfriend who can sing so well. I just wanted to hear her voice all day; all night long.

 

“Where are we heading to?”

 

“I have a friend who stays up in the mountains. We will be heading there.”

 

Wheein’s eyes grew larger.

 

“REALLY?!”

 

“Yeah, we will be surrounded by greenery and fresh air. We can even cultivate the vegetables from the farm and cook them for our own consumption. Oh, and I have brought all those painting stuffs. I thought you might want to paint once we are there.”

 

“That’s what I have ever wanted to do since I graduated from high school!”

 

“I know. You told me before. That’s why I planned for this trip since we are on a break from college.”

 

Wheein looked at me; her eyes showed gratitude and I could see she was touched and moved by today’s trip. I got her well this time.

 

“I’m going to paint you when we reach there.”

 

“Oh okay.”

 

“No, I mean it. I’m going to paint you when we are there.”

 

“HUH?”

 

She her lips and I might die tonight.

 

-

 

We finally graduated. Of course, Jung Wheein graduated with honours. I just had a Bachelor of Business in Accountancy. I didn’t care more. I was just glad that I graduated. I hated school but it was bearable because of Wheein. We had separated celebrations – she was with her family and my family threw a big party. All were there including distant relatives whom I have never met in my life.

 

Then during the night, we met up for our own kind of celebration. Moonbyul was there with Hwasa too. We had the biggest party of our lifetime – we went clubbing. But Wheein almost killed me. That was the very first time Wheein dressed up to kill.

 

And she killed me with that short red dress and black heels. I was pretty sure she was wearing one of Hwasa’s dresses but damn it, my heart was thumping too hard. Moonbyul helped me with outfit today. Oh, Moonbyul wore a suit. A black suit with white blouse and brown shoes. She came over to my place; she brought her whole cupboard over.

 

“UNNIE! I brought my clothes!”

 

“Are you running away from home or something?!”

 

“No? I just couldn’t decide what to wear and I thought you should wear the same like me.”

 

I looked through her mountain of clothes. She had two full loads of luggage with her. But all were suits.

 

“Are you going to get married? What’s with the suits?”

 

“I’m wearing suit tonight!”

 

“You’re kidding, right?”

 

“No, I’m not. You should wear the same too! Unless you want to wear a dress tonight.”

 

“Wheein texted. She said she’s wearing a dress. I thought I should wear a little more androgynous tonight.”

 

“Okay, great!”

 

Moonbyul picked a blue blazer for me. Surprisingly, I love the way I looked; I couldn’t stop staring at myself in the mirror. Moonbyul rolled her eyes.

 

“You like how you look huh?”


“You think I should cut my hair to shoulder length?”

 

“Unnie, are you serious?! You love your long hair!”

 

“Wheein’s hair is longer now. And she looks damn pretty with it. I think I should cut my hair to match with her.”

 

“Okay, then we should head to the hairdresser now. I’ll prepare your clothes for you.”

 

We got my hair done within half an hour; got home and I took a quick bath. I still love my new hair. Moonbyul even complimented my look.

 

“Wheein would go nuts with your new look tonight.”

 

“My point exactly.”

 

“Get ready. We need to pick the girls up in an hour’s time.”

 

We left my house exactly an hour later. The girls were already waiting for us. I decided to drive my new car tonight; Dad bought for me for my hard work and graduated with a degree. Moonbyul was excited about tonight. She had something planned tonight with Hwasa. And I didn’t want to know what it was.

 

“You don’t have anything special tonight?”

 

“No, I’m not a ert like you.”

 

“Unnie, you haven’t slept with Jung Wheein since the time you two got together. The furthest you went was to go so that she could paint you.”

 

I was sulking away. This woman just threw some hard-cold facts at my face. Well, it was not easy, okay? Wheein was too y. But my self-control was stricter than that.

 

“Did Wheein complain to you that I’m not pro-active about that?”

 

“No, not really. But I could see the between the two of you.”

 

“She’s just too y. I’m afraid that if I touch her, she might break.”

 

“Then let her touch you.”

 

“Are you sure she didn’t complain?”

 

“She didn’t utter a single word but unnie, ual frustration is a . You need to address that urgently. And let tonight be your first night together. Both of you have graduated from university. Like a new start for your new future?”

 

I couldn’t believe I allowed Moonbyul talked me into it.

 

-

 

Wheein’s eyes were on me all the time. The moment we reached Hwasa’s apartment, her jaw fell open; wide. She was eyeing me from head to toe and occasionally bit her lower lip; her eyes were all over me. And as I got closer towards her, she just ran and jumped on me. I had to hold on to her instinctively.

 

“Hello baby.”

 

“Did you cut your hair?”

 

“Yeah, you like it?”

 

She smirked before she rolled her eyes when Hwasa complimented on my new look. Hwasa was seductively grinning at me much to Wheein’s chagrin. She stood in front of her best friend and flicked her finger on Hwasa’s forehead.

 

“YA!”

 

“Stop grinning at my girlfriend.”

 

“Oh god, I’m just saying she looks really good.”

 

“Exactly. She looks too good that I have to protect her from everyone.”

 

All the 3 of us stared at Wheein. I swallowed hard; I think I have triggered Wheein’s green monster.

 

“Unnie, good luck.”

 

“Yongsun unnie, you might want to stay clear of other women tonight.”

 

These two idiots. Nevertheless, we made it in one piece at the clubbing area. Wheein was holding on to my hand most of the time; not willing to let go. I had to assure that I would not wander off but nope, Wheein refused to let go.

 

But I didn’t mind either. She was such a cutie. I allowed her to conquer me; took me hostage with her; not letting go of my arm and when girls said hi to me, she glared at them.

 

“Wheein ah, I’m still yours.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Then relax abit. I’m not going anywhere, sweetie.”

 

“Who asked you to cut your hair and looking so delicious right now?”

 

I gave the poker face, but my heart was thumping so hard right now. I suddenly recalled Moonbyul’s words.

 

“Are you ually frustrated right now?”

 

“You just realized that?”

 

“Wait, you are?!”

 

“Baby, I have been waiting for you to eat me up. But you’re such a goody-two-shoes.”

 

I rolled my eyes. I wanted to pull away but Wheein wrapped her arms around my neck. She pouted before leaning closer. She grinned widely.

 

“But I like that. That’s you, Kim Yongsun. You love me unconditionally, yet you don’t have other motives. You just love me so much without hidden agenda. If some guys, on the 2nd date, they would have gotten into my pants now.”

 

“You did?”

 

“Yeah, I kinda lost it before. Is that okay with you?”

 

“So, am I the only one who is still a ?!”

 

Wheein started laughing.

 

“It’s okay. I’m going to do you good tonight.”

 

God save me. Please save me.

 

-