End

Amazing You

I forced myself to sit up and do this story on the hospital bed. I have had enough of lying down and do nothing. 

Anyway, this is the last chapter. So, enjoy! 

 

-

 

 

Yongsun unnie was sleeping soundly on the bed. She was exhausted after she spent the whole day; looking after my twins. And I had to work overtime and spent the whole evening in the office. I felt sorry for her. It had only been 2 months, but these two babies could cry forever. I could see how tired Yongsun was.

 

“Wheein ah, Yongsun needed a lot of rest. Think you have stay up to look out for your children.”

 

My mother was there to assist Yongsun. The two babies were just too much to handle. My mom was tired too.

 

“I have taken 3 days’ leave from tomorrow onwards. You can get some rest now. I’ll look after the babies tonight.”

 

My mom nodded and went back to her room. I went to the twins’ room; the two angels were sleeping side by side. I smiled widely as I went on my knees near to their baby cots. I gently caressed their hair; they were soft.

 

“I love you so much.”

 

My tears filled my eyes. It felt like yesterday when I was lying down next to Yongsun. We had at least 5 days left before Yongsun’s due date. So, we thought we had some time before we decided to check into the hospital. But no, my babies were just too eager to come into this world.

 

-

 

“Good night, sweetie.”

 

She wished me before she pulled me closer and put her arms around my waist. I kissed her tenderly on her lips.

 

“Sleep well, Yongsunnie.”

 

I tucked her under my chin and spooned her. I couldn’t sleep that night. So, I stayed up and watched my wife sleeping. Everything about her was perfection. Even when she’s all pregnant; and she couldn’t stop complaining about being fat; I still feel she’s beautiful. She’s extremely beautiful; her face was glowing so much.

 

She’s my kind of woman. And I still cannot believe that she’s mine. I recalled the time when I saw her for the first time; at the bus stop where she was struggling to get to know my name. From then, I thought she was special. She was different; I felt different when she held out her hand and shook my hand gently. She was shaking; probably out of fear or nervousness.

 

But it was the best moment of my life. She made me hers and I gradually fell in love with her. And all these years, I never thought I could be in love with one person. This one person who made me feel many emotions and I wanted to stay with her forever.

 

And I got her good. She accepted my proposal after we got through that horrible incident. I hurt her so badly; physically and emotionally. But we got passed that and we got married; exchanged vows and promised an eternal lifetime with each other.

 

Then, we wanted kids. Yongsun’s friends had children and she fell in love with them. So, when we got married, she wanted to have children. And I didn’t mind either. I just wanted to raise a family with her. I don’t care who the father was; I just wanted to have a family.

 

Unfortunately, my body had a weak constitution. But she volunteered to bear our kids. So, when she got pregnant, both of us were ecstatic. I couldn’t thank God enough for his gracious on us. I made a vow with my life that I would never ever abandon my wife and my future kids.

 

She was carrying twins. Double the joy; and the best thing was, we would be having a boy and a girl. It would be like killing two birds with one stone. My wife didn’t have to go through this procedure twice.

 

So, one night, we were just spending time in bed. She was so self-conscious about her appearance. I couldn’t care much. To me, she’s the most beautiful woman I ever laid my eyes on. And no, it’s not a lie okay?

 

Then, at around 2 am, she shifted restlessly in bed. I got up and turned to look at her. She was perspiring a lot.

 

“Baby? What’s wrong? Are you feeling hot?”

 

“Wheein, I think I’m in labor.”

 

“Huh? What?!”

 

Then she started screaming. And for the love of God, my wife is a dolphin screamer. My ear drums went deaf for a second. And I think I went into a trance for that split second.

 

“JUNG WHEEIN!”

 

She jolted me back to reality. She grabbed my arms. I finally got my senses back and quickly carried her in my arms. Gosh, why was she so heavy out of sudden?!

 

“ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

 

“Okay, hang on! We’re going!”

 

“Call MOONBYUL NOW!”

 

“Right!”

 

My mother woke up amidst of the commotion. She quickly ran up to my wife and held her from her waist. Yongsun took the opportunity to lean on her.

 

“Breathe, Yongsun. Breathe. Follow me.”

 

Thank god for my mother! I ran two floors down and banged like a mad woman on Hyejin’s door. I could hear grumbles from inside.

 

“Jung Wheein, are you nuts?!”

 

Moonbyul had her hands on her waist; looking disheveled. Her hair was such a masterpiece, but I didn’t have the time to laugh at her.

 

“Yongsun is in labor!”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“I have no time to explain further. Grab Hyejin and I’ll see you at the hospital!”

 

Then I rushed off; my mother was already waiting in the car. I was still in my pajamas; I didn’t care about my own self. My wife was screaming in pain.

 

“WHEEIN! HURRY UP!”

 

For the first time in my life, I felt so lost.

 

-

 

The ride to the hospital was filled with screams; somehow, she managed to pull my hair from the back, and I struggled to get us to the hospital safely. And she started blaming me for her pregnancy.

 

“ARGH! ITS YOUR FAULT, JUNG WHEEIN!”

 

My mom was eyeing me; she shook her head. I better kept my mouth shut. I might die tonight if I said something wrong.

 

“Follow Yongsun. I’ll register for her. Where’s her identification card and yours?”

 

I gave my mom everything. I stood there like a fool. My heart was thumping like mad. I thought I was in a nightmare until my mom slapped me on my back. I looked at her.

 

“What are you doing, standing like a fool here? Follow her! Go!”

 

I ran off; followed the nurse who was pushing Yongsun to the maternity ward. Good lord, screaming pregnant mommies all over the ward. What on earth was going on?! Why was everyone here to deliver babies?!

 

“It’s always like this when there is a full moon. For some reason, it’s a good night to give birth.”

 

The old midwife must have seen my confused look. She offered to explain. But of course, it was just a myth, but I was inclined to believe her. Every room, some woman would be screaming bloody hell.

 

I managed to locate my wife. She was lying on the bed; something strapped on her full round stomach. I stood by her side; holding her hands tightly.

 

“She’s in labor tonight but it might take some time before she’s ready for deliver. We will monitor her contractions and she’s dilated 5cm. She should be ready in another 3-4 hours.”

 

“3-4 hours?!”

 

Yongsun screamed at the doctor. I probably think she might jump on the doctor if not for her contractions.

 

“Don’t worry, Miss Kim. You’re in good hands. Miss Jung will be here with you.”

 

I looked at the doctor before I turned to look at my wife. Beads of sweats were all over her face and she was tearing up. My heart ached. I know giving birth can be a but now that I’m witnessing what Yongsun was going through; I thought having kids was such a bad idea. I felt guilty.

 

“No, not that face again.”

 

Yongsun noticed my guilty face. It was the same face I used to give her when the scar reminded me of my stupidity.

 

“Having kids was my idea. Not yours. So, don’t blame yourself.”

 

“But you’re hurting. And I couldn’t help or do anything.”

 

“You’re here. That’s good enough.”

 

“I wish I was healthier so that I could carry this burden instead.”

 

“Jung Wheein, this is not a burden. This is something we both wanted. Having these children is such a blessing and I’m so lucky that I get to raise a family with you.”

 

“I love you so much, Kim Yongsun. I’m never gonna let you deal with this alone.”

 

-

 

4 hours before Yongsun was finally wheeled into the theatre. She was prepped for delivery; and she opted for natural birth. She was given epidural, but her screams were frightening. I cried along with her.

 

“Okay, a bit more, Miss Kim!”

 

“I cannot do it!”

 

“You can! Come on, don’t give up.”

 

I was crying like a baby. I couldn’t do anything. , I was just rooted to the ground; not knowing what I should do. But seeing Yongsun withering in pain; I couldn’t just be standing there like a fool.

 

I leaned closer and put my arms around her. I held her hands tightly; her nails sank into my flesh, but I didn’t care. Her pain was much worse than mine.

 

“Okay, baby. I’m here. Let’s push together, okay? Just one strong push, you can do it! You can bite me if you want.”

 

And she did. She bit me in the arm; I struggled with the pain, but I held it in. Finally, after that long hard push, we heard cries. A long shuddering cry before I could see our firstborn in front of my eyes.

 

“The first baby is here! And it’s a boy!”

 

We both cried instantly. The nurse covered him with a blue blanket before she came forward and showed him to us.

 

“Here’s your little boy, Miss Kim.”

 

He was covered with goo. Disgustingly beautiful and boy, he could really scream. He was completely red and has a bush of hair on top of his head.

 

“I’ll clean him up and bring him over later. Now, let’s concentrate on the second baby.”

 

I have totally forgotten about our second baby. But the second baby was much easier. Yongsun didn’t have to push that hard. And when she came into the world, I couldn’t stop crying. I turned to look at Yongsun who was exhausted. She was breathing hard; and I couldn’t contain my emotions anymore.

 

I put my arms around her; hugged her tightly. I kissed her; I kept kissing her all over. My heart was swelled with so much emotions and I couldn’t let go of her arm; not even for a second. A wave of gratitude hit me hard. I just wanted to protect Yongsun even more than before.

 

“Thank you, Kim Yongsun. Thank you so much for these two perfect gifts. Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for making me your girl. Thank you for taking me as your wife. And thank you for being the mother of my children. Thank you, for you. I love you so much.”

 

She was smiling at me. She couldn’t say anything because she was out of energy. I just held her tighter and smiled widely with tears running down from the corner of my eyes.

 

I want to be by her side forever.

 

-

 

“Miss Jung, your babies are here.”

 

The nurse was pushing two cots into the ward. Yongsun unnie was sleeping; she needed much rest, but I welcomed the arrival of my two little ones. I smiled widely when I saw them; bundled in pink and blue blankets.

 

Both were sleeping soundly. My heart was filled with so much love. I couldn’t express it, but I made a quick promise that I’ll love them so much that nobody could hurt them in this world.

 

The nurse gave both to me; I sat on the sofa and I held both babies in my arms. The nurse was smiling as she ensured that I was holding them tightly.

 

“They look exactly like Miss Kim.”

 

“Yes, they do.”

 

“Are you fine on your own? Can you hold them?”

 

“Yeah, I’ll be fine. Thank you so much for your help.”

 

“No problem. I’ll leave you alone then. Let me know if you need help.”

 

The nurse left the room and I sat on the sofa with both of my children in my arms. Their mommy was fast asleep; so I decided to have a small talk with them.

 

“Hello sweethearts. You’re finally here. You have decided to arrive earlier but I’m so thankful that you did. Your mother and I have been waiting for both of you. And thank you for choosing us to be your Mommies.

 

I’m going to love both of you so much. In fact, I’m already falling in love and I’m ready to give you all of me. I’ll make sure that you will get the best of everything in this world. I’m going to give you and your Omma the best of me. I promise you. I’ll provide everything even if takes the best out of me.”

 

I cried as I spoke. I couldn’t explain this impending feeling I have inside of me. I just wanted to be the best parent for my kids and be the best wife for Yongsun unnie.

 

“God, give me strength. Give me courage so that I can be the best for my family.”

 

I sincerely prayed hard that night.

 

-

 

Asher Kim. Emma Kim. The names of our little angels. She had agreed to give them English names instead of the traditional Korean names. Her parents agreed; my mom was just too excited to hold her grandchildren.

 

It had been 100th days since their birth and we were having celebration for that. All our family members and friends were there to celebrate together. The guests were busy fussing over the twins; Yongsun looked on with a proud smile on her face. And I fell in love all over again.

 

“How are you doing?”

 

I sat next to her; she leaned on my shoulder and closed her eyes for a second.

 

“I’m fine. A little bit tired but good.”

 

“After this party is done, get some rest. I’ll clean up the place.”

 

“There’s a lot to clean.”

 

“No worries, Moonbyul unnie volunteered to help me.”

 

I took her hand and clasped both hands together. Her ring was sitting proudly on her finger; and my heart kept swelling with pride. I just couldn’t stop smiling.

 

“Why?”

 

She must have noticed my smile.

 

“I’m really proud of you.”

 

“Hmm? What did I do?”

 

“Having the babies; being my wife; sharing my world and loving me.”

 

“Isn’t that what a wife should be?”

 

“Thank you for choosing me to be the one. It never came across my mind that I could be married to someone; having a family and still wanting to stay forever and you being my one and only everlasting.”

 

She beamed happily.

 

“Jung Wheein, you’re my amazing you.”

 

-

 

My babies started crawling. Yes, two of them were mobilized now. And I struggled to hold on to one. But today, we had 3 babies. 2 crawlies and 1 screamer. Hyejin decided to dump her daughter on us so that she could go on a date with Moonbyul unnie.

 

“Asher! Stay still! Emma, that’s not your pacifier! Emma! Stop putting things in your mouth!”

 

I was changing Asher’s diapers. Emma decided to put everything that she spotted into . I trapped her with my right leg and Asher turned over; with his up in the air.

 

“YONGSUNNIEE! HELP!!”

 

There was no way I could hold on to two active babies. Yongsun came running through the hallway and appeared on the doorway with another baby in her arms. I have forgotten about Hyejin’s daughter. We were the babysitters for the day.

 

“Are you alright, sweetie?”

 

“Can you hold on to Emma?”

 

Yongsun chuckled softly. She sat next to me; shuffled Eun Hee comfortably in her left arm while she grabbed Emma’s fat right thigh with the other free hand. Our baby girl realized she couldn’t move and was about to scream until she spotted her Omma. Miraculously, she stayed still and sat next to Yongsun quietly. And Asher kept still too.

 

I swear to God, my children are biased towards me. I managed to change Asher’s diapers peacefully while Yongsun distracted them. Then I carried both Asher and Emma to the living room; Yongsun followed from behind. I settled the kids down in their playpen and moved to the kitchen. I decided I should make some snacks for my lovely wife.

 

“Eun Hee is sleeping.”

 

Yongsun appeared in the kitchen doorway. I smiled before I shifted my attention to the frying pan. I was frying some nuggets. Yongsun came around before she hugged me from behind. She placed her chin on my shoulder; buried her face at the back of my neck.

 

“You’re so comfortable.”

 

She leaned closer.

 

“Am I?”

 

“Yeah, your shoulders are my heaven.”

 

I chuckled softly. She didn’t let go of me. She just held me; and we were moving around together as one.

 

“The kids are awfully quiet.”

“Eun Hee is sleeping. Our own children are playing in their pen.”

 

“Yeah, but it’s too quiet.”

 

So, we both went out of the kitchen to find Asher and Emma asleep in the playpen. We laughed softly; amused at how our children could sleep anywhere.

 

“They are just like you, honey.”

 

“Yeah, they sure can sleep at the most uncomfortable places in their playpen.”

 

“I’m so envious of them. They sleep so easily; just like their Omma.”

 

“Let’s move them to the mattress.”

 

I picked Asher up while Yongsun took Emma. We settled them down next to Eun Hee who was sleeping with her arms up in the air.

 

“Eun Hee sleeps like Hyejin.”

 

“Really? I’m not surprised. Eun Hee is Hyejin’s daughter.”

 

“Yeah, but she’s looking a lot more like Moonbyul unnie out of sudden.”

 

“Is it possible for a baby to look more like someone else?”

 

“Well, the father is Moonbyul unnie’s cousin. So, it might be, you know, genetics?”

 

“True. That’s a possible. Because Eun Hee is looking so much like Moonbyul. It’s a little alarming; like as though that woman has , and this is possible be her own baby.”

 

We both stared at Eun Hee’s face. This baby is a replica of Moon Byulyi with Hyejin’s dark, tanned skin tone. Then our eyes fell on Asher. The 8 months old boy was growing fast; he was born with an impressive length of 55cm. He was a big baby.

 

“Asher almost killed me.”

 

Yongsun had the toughest time bringing Asher into the world. And I was clawed open by his mother.

 

“Asher is a big baby.”

 

“He probably ate most of the food and left Emma with nothing.”

 

Emma was so much smaller, and it took Yongsun 20 minutes to deliver Emma into the world. Asher took 2 hours. That tough boy.

 

“But they are still my babies. My precious angels.”

 

Yongsun’s eyes turned moist. True, it was tough during the labor but once they arrived, we couldn’t stop our tears of happiness. And now both were growing up well and Emma ate a lot more than her brother now. Yongsun was laughing as she caressed Emma’s cheeks.

 

“Emma is taking revenge.”

 

“Why? Because Asher ate more when he was inside me?”

 

“Most probably. She was such a scrawny little baby when she was born. But now look at her. Her fat thighs remind me of chicken drumsticks.”

 

“Asher is taller now. He does look like he lost a lot of his baby fat.”

 

“The donor had an impressive height. I saw his data. He’s 1.9m.”

 

“So, you chose him because he was tall?”

 

“I chose him not only because he’s tall. He’s smart too. He works as a lawyer.”

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

“Are you going to assume that our kids will be smart and be as tall as their father?”

 

“Well, I just want them to grow up healthily and happily. I don’t really care if they have their father’s genes.”

 

“Do you think he will ever know that he fathered twins with you?”

 

“He’s not allowed to find out. He’s not even allowed to find his children. He probably has a lot of children now for all you know. According to the facilitator at the fertility clinic, these guys are normally gays.”

 

“Ah, so we don’t have to worry about some guy fighting with us over the children. Well, even if there’s some guy who does that, I’m going to protect my children. And you.”

 

Yongsun turned to face me; she smiled. I pulled her in for a hug; kissing her forehead.

 

“You’re amazing, Jung Wheein. I’m looking forward to raise Asher and Emma with you; then when they are grown up; I just want to spend my old days living with you.”

 

Of course, Kim Yongsun. You’re mine anyway.

 

-

 

 

 We have been married for 5 years. Our kids are in kindergarten now. Eun Hee is attending the same school as Asher and Emma too.

 

“So, can we play now?”

 

Asher was holding a soccer ball in his hands. The two girls were standing behind him. These 3 musketeers do things together; getting into mischief too.

 

“Have you done your homework?”

 

The 3 nodded like Siamese kittens.

 

“Have you eaten your snacks?”

 

“Yeah! We have put our dirty plates and cups in the sink too!”

 

Yongsun unnie taught them well.

 

“Okay, you can play now. But play together. Don’t fight with each other especially you, Emma. Stop making Asher cry.”

 

“I DIDN’T CRY!”

 

“You did. The last time when Emma took your water gun.”

 

“Emma’s such a big bully!”

 

I was completely amused. My son is bigger and taller than Emma, yet he allows his twin sister to rule over him. And he’s the crybaby. Yongsun said Asher is me.

 

“Okay, just don’t fight anymore. Go on, go and play. And take care of Eun Hee too.”

 

They didn’t wait for that last bit. They took off the moment I said go and play. I have decided to stay at home and look after the children. It was such a hassle to find a baby-sitter and our parents were getting too old to look after them.

 

So, I volunteered to quit my job and became a full-time homemaker. I have done investments and bought some insurance plans for me, Yongsun and the children. Yongsun continues working and she has since been promoted.

 

Honestly, I never thought I would be enjoying this. And Eun Hee lives with us too. Her Moms would pick her up after work, but I didn’t mind having Eun Hee to live with us permanently. She’s Emma’s sidekick. And together they would bully Asher, my crybaby.

 

With the kids in the park, I took my time and cleaned up the house. I was wiping the cupboard shelves when I chanced upon our wedding photo. I smiled as I picked the photo frame up.

 

I was in white dress while Yongsun was in her baby pink suit. I could never forget that day. The day we were pronounced wife and wife; the day we celebrated our love with our loved ones and the day I never dreamt that I could be married with someone I love.

 

We have been through so much together. And I will never forget that night where I caused a hideous scar on Yongsun’s face. That was the last time I acted like a fool and I kept my promise till today.

 

A promise that I’ll never hurt my wife ever again. A promise that I’ll never cause any sorrow or sadness to Yongsun. I’ll always keep her smiles on her face and I’ll always be the one who takes care of her well-being and everything.

 

“You have protected me more than enough, Wheein. You’re just my Amazing You.”

 

I looked over my shoulder with that sudden intrusion. My wife’s back from her work. She was standing at the doorway; folding her arms together. I grinned before picking her up in my arms. She squealed in delight.

 

“I miss you.”

 

I confessed.  Her gaze softened and she kissed my forehead.

 

“I miss you too.”

 

“Have you eaten?”

 

“Yes, I did. The house is quiet. Where are the kids?”

 

“At the park, playing football.”

 

“Oh, so the house is empty?”

 

“Yes, just you and me.”

 

Her hands got naughty; she moved her palms to my buttocks. She caressed them gently. This domineering Kim Yongsun is such a turn-on. And I tried to play hard-to-get.

 

“The kids will be back anytime soon.”

 

“I’ll ask Moonbyul to take them home.”

 

“Ah, that’s a plan.”

 

“We will do just once.”

 

“Kim Yongsun, you’re a liar, you know?”

 

“Jung Wheein, you love it when I touch you. You’re the one who can have multiple s.”

 

She was typing something on the phone and then threw it onto the sofa. She carried me and threw me on the bed. I couldn’t stop her now. She’s determined to get some.

 

“Are you still going to be hardball?”

 

“You threw me on the bed; stripped to your undies and bra. Do you think I have a choice?”

 

She had that sly smirk on her face, and I was . , Kim Yongsun.

 

“My Amazing You, let me take you higher than heaven.”

And she did. She really took me higher than heaven.