Operation 6: Supreme Father pt. 2

Emergency Room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soyeon stirred her tea, "I have a friend with high clearance," she said, "I asked her to look into that student, Jin Ahn." She brought out a regular folder then pushed towards Eunjung and Hyomin. Eunjung opened the folder, the first page had redaction on it then she began flipping between the pages and more redactions appeared until the very last page - a picture of Jin's abdomen. "Soyeon, what's the meaning of this?!" she asked, "What's that snake-like or dragon-thing around Jin's bellybutton?" she demanded. "Keep your voice down a bit, we don't want to draw attention to ourselves," she told Eunjung. "That's exactly it, Eunjung. Why is there so much redaction on his file besides that picture? What significance does 'tattoo' hold?" Soyeon asked. "What is the government hiding from us?" Hyomin perked up, "It must be related to why one of the tendrils from the Infected burned itself when it tried to wrap around Jin's ankle!" Soyeon nodded. "D-do you think the Supreme Father knows?" nervously asked Eunjung, "Or do you think he is part of it?" Soyeon shook her head, "Honestly, I'm not sure. I need more unredacted documents of Jin to be able to tell you," she explained. Soyeon then looked them straight in the eyes, "You can't tell anyone about this. I'm trusting you two because..." Hyomin smiled then finished Soyeon's sentence, "Because we're your friends!" Soyeon shyly nodded. "See, I told you Eunjung! Underneath the icy exterior is a sweet soft-served ice cream," teased Hyomin.

The three women exited the Butler cafe, Eunjung turned to Soyeon then asked what her plans were going to be and if there was anything they could help. Soyeon was not sure herself other than keep a close eye on Jin, but she knew if she suddenly died or was placed in prison - these two people she trusted with her life would know and get to the bottom of this mystery.

 

 

As they continued to walk Hyomin spotted a couple of mysterious cloaked figures, she elbowed Soyeon's rib, "Soyeonnie, look," she whispered, pointing to the general direction of the cloaked figures. They quickly followed the figures, maintaining a good distance between them. "Odd, right?" pointed Hyomin Soyeon and Eunjung nodded, "Yeah, they're acting a bit strange especially in the afternoon" replied Eunjung, "They keep looking back and forth as if they want people like us to follow them." Soyeon agreed with Eunjung's assessment that it must be a trap, "Let's keep following them," she whispered. The cloaked figures moved swiftly in between alleyways. All three wondered where these mysterious figures were running off too. "How long are they going to keep running?" thought Soyeon.

At last, the mysterious figure stopped in front of an abandoned warehouse, they carefully entered the warehouse then hid themselves amongst the shadow. Another figure stood in front of a glass chamber as the four cloaked figures kneeling in front of her. They could not get a clear view of the other figure as a beam of light obstructed their sight. Soyeon looked at Eunjung and Hyomin then silently nodded. All three took their phones then pressed an application on their phones that would send a signal back to their Wards.

"All hail, the great truth! The provider of knowledge and destroyer of false truths!" All five figures chanted, "All hail, the great truth! The provider of knowledge and destroyer of false truths!"

"What is going on?" asked Eunjung, as she continued to watch, "How does Yoona Lim not know what's going under in her jurisdiction?!" As Eunjung squinted her eyes to get a better look, she saw a familiar figure, "Isn't that Yoo..." Soyeon and Hyomin immediately covered Eunjung's mouth. Shh!!! Eunjung nodded.

Suddenly, one by one the kneeling figures stood up and shed their clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter