Operation 2: Surgical Simulation

Emergency Room
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A medical instructor took a look at this year's cohort. He cleared his throat before he spoke into the microphone, "I know there's a lot of you that grew up dreaming being surgeons when you were young, fighting the Infected, encouraged by your parents to join the Department of Health. Well, today is the day whether your dreams will be realized or be crumbled into pieces." He grinned at the trainees. "And as always we are joined by this years' Chief Anesthesiologist and Nurse trainees. And certainly not least, we are also joined by a few of the ward's best Medical Emergency Team: Soyeon Park, cardiologist; Eunjung Ham, neurologist, Hyomin Park, gastroenterologist; Taeyeon Kim, reconstructive; Tiffany Hwang, cosmetic. Before I go any further would any of the attending Chiefs like to add something?"

The Chief Nurse Practioner nodded and walked to where the Chief Surgeon stood. "Good morning students, while this your first meeting with the other branches, it is important to remember in order to take down an Infected, you need to work as a cohesive group. If any of your teammates fail, you fail! Because without teamwork the surgery will fail to because the infection to spread elsewhere."

The Chief Nurse Practioner signaled to the Chief Surgeon that he was done speaking. The Chief Surgeon took the stand back. "We have taken the liberty into splitting everyone into groups of three after looking at everyone's past performances on their exams in order to maximize everyone's potential."

A holgram appeared. Jin frantically looked for his name, "Jin, Jin, Jin..." After scanning through what seemed like thousands of names and pictures, he finally his name. "Jin Ahn!" He then looked who his teams were, "Lance Gearfreed, interesting picture, I guess." He looked down, "Ren Dioniso! She's in my team!"

A blond young man approached Jin then extended his hand, "You must be Jin Ahn, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Lance Gearfreed, anesthesiologist trainee." He greeted; however, Jin ignored Lance's presence. "When did Asiatic continents forget their manners," he scoffed. "Still ignoring me!"

"Jin..."

"Ren..."

"It looks like we're in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter